HGV/LGV Funded Training

Options

Comments

• ninky_2
    ninky_2 Posts: 5,872 Forumite
    Options
    to the OP good luck in the job search. as well as considering lgv/hgv have you looked to see if companies such as ocado are looking for drivers? it's tough times at the moment - no thanks to idiot bankers that use terms like "utter pish" and think they are superior to anyone out of work. personally i'm happy for my taxes to pay for training for those keen to get back into employment. rather that than paying to bail out self-serving financial institutions full of smug gits.
    Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves. - Lord Byron
  • CB1985
    CB1985 Posts: 35 Forumite
    Options
    hey guys thanks for the support and advice,

Before i came to MSE i called alot of local hauliers etc in regards training provided for by the company to which the majority of responses were, we are only taking drivers on with a current HGV entitlment,

as regards PSV, i have applied with first before, unfortunatley at the time i had 6 points on my license which didnt boad well with my age either, however they are laying off upto 200 drivers in the coming months at my local depots as i did re-enquire before deciding to go down the HGV route

That said, PSV is still a possibility for me if i can find training/funding, as then ill have an income to save for my HGV C, C+E, ADR etc out of my own pocket rather than the tax payer and would gain experience driving a larger vehicle
  • Anihilator
    Anihilator Posts: 2,169 Forumite
    Options
    Oh it just gets better a nice full quota of points.
    Dont suppose you have a criminal record as well.
  • CB1985
    edited 21 January 2010 at 9:30PM
    Options
    Anihilator wrote: »

at the time i HAD and that woul;d only be a full quota if i hadnt been passed for 2 full years!

im sure plenty of people here have been stung on a motorway for doin 79mph!

just do one pal, utter pish ;)
  • passatrider
    Options

What is your problem??
  • briona
    briona Posts: 1,454 Forumite
    edited 21 January 2010 at 11:02PM
    Options
    "This message is hidden because Anihilator is on your ignore list."

@ CB1985 (and indeed everyone else!), life looks MUCH nicer now! :D

To get the same view, click on a user's name, choose 'View Public Profile' from the drop down list and from there, you can add a user to your ignore list! You never need read "Anihilator's" barely-literate vitriolic trash again!
    If I don't respond to your posts, it's probably because you're on my 'Ignore' list.
  • CB1985
    Options
    What is your problem??

bitter twisted divorced old man, blatantly obvious, finds the need to attack those less fortunate than himself to make his pathetic existnce slightly more bearable
  • Anihilator
    Anihilator Posts: 2,169 Forumite
    Options
    CB1985 wrote: »
    at the time i HAD and that woul;d only be a full quota if i hadnt been passed for 2 full years!

im sure plenty of people here have been stung on a motorway for doin 79mph!

just do one pal, utter pish ;)

Twice
    And I am sure many more people including qualified already HGV drivers dont have a horrible driving record.

Do you happen to have a criminal record? Surely not.
  • CB1985
    Options
    Twice
    And I am sure many more people including qualified already HGV drivers dont have a horrible driving record.

Do you happen to have a criminal record? Surely not.

6 points is horrible? (i dont have 6 anymore btw)

NO, being banned 3 times for Drink Driving is a horrible record, banned for DBDD is horrible,

none of my 2 endorsements in 5 years (bear in mind i used to drive 250,000 miles per year in a previous job) were for DD, DBDD or any other traffic violation other than a few mph over the limit on a DC and a motorway, PC plod spending YOUR tax money well on a £125,000 Gatso and a £3,000 LS2020 hand held

oh and to answer your question (and not avoid it lik som do ;)) NO, i do not possess a criminal record for anything other than my TWO driving endorsements (both now spent)
  • passatrider
    Options
    CB1985 wrote: »
    bitter twisted divorced old man, blatantly obvious, finds the need to attack those less fortunate than himself to make his pathetic existnce slightly more bearable

I can say whatever I like now because he's on my ignore list!:D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport