• CB1985
    CB1985 Posts: 35 Forumite
    Options
    ditto.................
  • Tozer
    Tozer Posts: 3,518 Forumite
    Options
    briona wrote: »
    And pointing out what an idiot he is seems to be even more effective – he hasn't been back since I drew attention to his semi-literate posts! ;)

Clearly not.
  • briona
    briona Posts: 1,454 Forumite
    Options
    Tozer wrote: »
    Clearly not.
    Oh well, it was worth a try! Interestingly he has not responded to my comments though. I wonder why... ;)
    If I don't respond to your posts, it's probably because you're on my 'Ignore' list.
  • Tozer
    Tozer Posts: 3,518 Forumite
    Options
    briona wrote: »
    Oh well, it was worth a try! Interestingly he has not responded to my comments though. I wonder why... ;)

I'm sure it wasn't because the OP used awful language.
  • passatrider
    Options
    Anihilator wrote: »
    Not personally but I know fine from what you have posted that you are talking a lot of utter pish.

Please give us the benefit of your experience of the Transport/Haulage industry considering you seem to be an expert in this field?
  • Anihilator
    Anihilator Posts: 2,169 Forumite
    Options
    You dont need to be an expert to know the vast majority of his post was crap with borderline racial sentiment.

If he has all this knowledge and expertise why will none of them take him on to drive smaller vehicles, work in a non driving capacity or so on?

the truth because he isnt employable currently in comparisons of the competition and a driving licence wont change that.
  • wuckfit
    wuckfit Posts: 544 Forumite
    Options
    Well done Anihilator, another thread ruined by your negative attitude to everyone that doesn't measure up to your high standards (at the last count, everyone except you). I'm fed up reporting your vitriolic posts. "Be nice to other MSEers" is part of the AUP for this site. How about concentrating on giving practical advice, instead of focussing each post on continually kicking people when they are down? You don't know anyone's personal circumstances, yet you are the first to judge people in a negative light. Incidentally, some of your spelling and grammatical errors make me realise how big the gulf between your perception of your perfection and the stark reality of how far short you fall.

Right. With that out the way, here's some practical advice for the OP

In all seriousness, give up on the idea of HGV driving - the price of fuel is bankrupting hauliers daily, which means less jobs for those with HGV licences. If you want to drive 'big things' see if you can become a trainee driver for a bus company. Buses are part of the Government strategy to get cars off the roads, HGVs aren't. First Bus, for example, do advertise for trainee drivers on the back of their buses frequently. Normally they don't pay you while you're learning - paid employment only happens once you pass the test. Also you have to pay back the cost of the training over the first two years of employment, usually about £20 per week.

If you still want to get an HGV licence, then it will be much simpler if you already have PCV because a lot of the skills and knowledge will be the same. (HGV licence holders may drive PCVs with no passengers on board - such as transferring vehichles between depots or to MOT stations)

Best of luck getting some paid employment. If you're serious about it, nothing will stand in your way - any crummy job, even in McDonalds, should be seen as an opportunity or stepping stone to getting where you want to be. You should be able to save enough for training in a few months of working at minimum wage. it might be demeaning, but it's far easier to get a job if you already have one. Employers will see that instead of doing nothing, you went out and got something as a stop-gap, which will help in your quest for a job.
  • Anihilator
    Anihilator Posts: 2,169 Forumite
    Options
    http://www.firstgroup.com/ukbus/london/london/jobs/index.php

Maybe not local to the OP but what are the bets he hasnt even looked for similar in his area.....
  • passatrider
    Options
    Anihilator wrote: »
    http://www.firstgroup.com/ukbus/london/london/jobs/index.php

Maybe not local to the OP but what are the bets he hasnt even looked for similar in his area.....

If you continue with this provacative attitude towards the OP any longer then you will be reported.

You have made your point of view so just leave it now please!
  • Uncertain
    Uncertain Posts: 3,901 Forumite
    Options
    If you continue with this provacative attitude towards the OP any longer then you will be reported.

You have made your point of view so just leave it now please!

I couldn't agree more.

Sadly it is not just this thread but nearly every one he / she contributes to.

The point of this forum is to try and help people (legally) make the best of the situation they find them selves in. This does not involve making judgements or endlessly telling us what the law "should" be in his / her ideal world.

I would quite happily help the richest man in the country claim £10 if he was ENTITLED to it.

If I felt the system was wrong then I would vote for a different party or write to my MP.

Enough!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport