*FREE* DVD Rental (become a DVD Tart)

Options

Comments

• chardonnay_2
    chardonnay_2 Posts: 2,201 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    running out of free trials so am currently paying for whsmith but will soon cancel. they are limiting the amount of dvd's sent out by having a 'fair play' policy where they choose a date to send your next dvd's out. i returned all 3 dvd's and only one was being sent out on friday. i enquired why and was told the next date i would be sent any more was monday. not unlimited after all. also never seem to get any from the top of my list. they are powered by love film

currently just started a free trial with global e rental and so far, two out of 3 were faulty. will wait and see what happens
    :love: married to the man of my dreams! 9-08-09:love:
  • lauren79
    lauren79 Posts: 159 Forumite
    Options
    Can agree with chardonnay regarding lovefilm their new 'fair play' policy is causing lots of problems and they seem to be targeting those members who turn their discs round quickly.
    To see more information regarding their new policy

http://forum.dvdtrials.co.uk/forum-5.html
  • davidbethebee
    Options
    Hi all - I'm new here so I'm sorry if this is a repeat. I've just signed up to https://www.filmfourextra.com and they give you the chance to sign up to their new DVD-by-post rental service, giving you 6 films for free in the first month. After the month trail, they start to charge but all you have to do is click the "Cancel my Account" button before or at the end of the month trial.

http://filmfour.ed4.net/enroll/signup.cfm

db
  • mousegreatest388
    Options
    Had a trial with Screen Select - quite good.
    Had two trials with LoveFilm - absolute pile of rubbish - took over a week to turn round the dvds every time. Never got the first on the list.
    Now with Blockbuster. They are incredible. they also work weekends unlike the others. I receive on a Tuesday, watch and send Back Wednesday and then they send another dvd on Thursday. Great service. Definitely the best!

Make sure you use the code for the 4 week trial.
  • robd831
    robd831 Posts: 302 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry if this is in the previous 20 pages, but i have a code for currysmovies.co.uk which is part of screenselect that gives 60 days free trial ( 3dvd at a time). I got it in a flyer with the reciept for a printer, you need a c card to start it off though.

Code is CE078463

Worth a try for 60 days............
  • Liz19
    Liz19 Posts: 673 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    robd831 wrote:
    Sorry if this is in the previous 20 pages, but i have a code for currysmovies.co.uk which is part of screenselect that gives 60 days free trial ( 3dvd at a time). I got it in a flyer with the reciept for a printer, you need a c card to start it off though.

Code is CE078463

Worth a try for 60 days............

Tried this code today but it said it wasn't valid. Has anyone else had any luck with it?
  • Reaper
    Reaper Posts: 7,285 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Hi all - I'm new here so I'm sorry if this is a repeat. I've just signed up to https://www.filmfourextra.com and they give you the chance to sign up to their new DVD-by-post rental service, giving you 6 films for free in the first month. After the month trail, they start to charge but all you have to do is click the "Cancel my Account" button before or at the end of the month trial.
    This is run by Love Film, so you can not sign up if you have previously been a Love Film member and may find yourself unexpectedly charged if you try. Here is a list of all the other sites "powered by" Love Film.
  • W1zz
    W1zz Posts: 620 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've just won six weeks free trial with Blockbusters after I found a code under my Stella bottle top.

What's the best way to use these, is there a limit to how many DVD's you can take out in one week? Was hoping to build my DVD collection up by making a few backups ;) and then watching them at my lesuire after the trials over.

W1zz
  • thetheboy
    thetheboy Posts: 327 Forumite
    Options
    has anyone tried easy film - click here! - they work on a pay per rent option £1.99 and no late fees....

Any codes for a free trial much appreciated!
    It's better to travel hopefully than arrive...
  • pug_in_a_bed
    pug_in_a_bed Posts: 1,975 Forumite
    Options
    Hi
    For some reason the screenselect site isn't loading properly for me today, i want to contact them about something but nothing is coming up on the help/contact pages - does anyone have their email to hand? thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure