*FREE* DVD Rental (become a DVD Tart)

Options

Comments

• Darren21
    Darren21 Posts: 882 Forumite
    Options
    lnjk wrote:
    I have just gone into screen select to take up their months free trial but it states 'Your trial will expire when we send your 5th rental, or after 28 days, whichever is the sooner'. I was under the inpression that it was unlimited but obvioulsy not.
    I know people have had bad experiences with lovefilm but they are offering 6 free DVD rentals and 2 free cinema tickets.

Has anyone had this deal and do they actually get round to sending you all your 6 DVDs as it is only in a 14 day period?

You must of entered the wrong offer code, there are lots for different lengths and terms etc
  • AlanS
    AlanS Posts: 186 Forumite
    Options
    See http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=50885 for details of Blockbusters 1 month trial ( their usual is 2 weeks )
    Enter code "b-aam55"

OP says code expires 31 May 2005, but I used it yesterday and it worked OK.
  • Milky_Mocha
    Milky_Mocha Posts: 1,064 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    gcn504 wrote:
    To answer your question Mak Attack I've tarted with all the free trials and for me the best of the bunch were Screen Select.

I wouldn't put Blockbuster even second I found their service pretty slow. Tesco were much better for me than them. LoveFilm were ok but as I said for me the best was Screen Select

Looks like people's experiences widely vary and it depends to a large extent on luck. I've found Screenselect to be rather slow. I registered on a Wednesday and by Friday they still had not picked any on my list for despatch. I cancelled on the Saturday after receiving the usual email that states they endeavour to send discs out within 24 hours but sometimes due to circumstances etc etc. I had a long list of about 15 movies too.

Anyway I've found Lovefilm to be excellent, touch wood. Their turnaround time for me has been faultless.
    The reason people don't move right down inside the carriage is that there's nothing to hold onto when you're in the middle.
  • Milky_Mocha
    Milky_Mocha Posts: 1,064 Forumite
    Options
    Trist wrote:
    Global E-Rental have finally received the DVD I posted 1st class last Saturday. Unfortunately the second PS2 game has arrived and its scratched as well, doesn't even load up!

That's going back as well. Oh well, at least I don't have to pay any money for this! I think maybe its time to try someone else… any recommendations for a company that sends better quality rental discs?

You've probably tried Lovefilm already but if not do give them a try. I know some have reported problems with them but they are still rated quite highly compared to other services and they've recently moved warehouse so should be even better. For a one month trial you could use the code WEE4M2TCX6.

The code was given to me by lovefilm but I don't think I personally benefit from it unless the user puts my email address in the "recommended" field. Hence I haven't restricted the code to the referrer's board.
    The reason people don't move right down inside the carriage is that there's nothing to hold onto when you're in the middle.
  • Trist_3
    Trist_3 Posts: 35 Forumite
    Options
    You've probably tried Lovefilm already but if not do give them a try. I know some have reported problems with them but they are still rated quite highly compared to other services and they've recently moved warehouse so should be even better. For a one month trial you could use the code WEE4M2TCX6.

The code was given to me by lovefilm but I don't think I personally benefit from it unless the user puts my email address in the "recommended" field. Hence I haven't restricted the code to the referrer's board.
    Many thanks for the tip. I actually just signed up for the cd-wow DVD rental trial the other day (which is with LoveFilm). I'm on a 14 day trial so not very long, but I got a £17.50 money off voucher for Cd-wow so its now all bad. You get 3 discs at a time, all arrived on Saturday & no scratchs!!!

Many thanks for your tip, so far so good with LoveFilm! And the selection choice is excellent too…
  • dfarry
    dfarry Posts: 939 Forumite
    Options
    My three month trial with Lovefilm (buy one month....get two free) comes to an end in the next two weeks.

The first month they were great.... the past two months the service has been dire.... sometimes I have been lucky to receive even one DVD a week despite being on the 3 DVD package. If I had been paying for this months I would have demanded a refund.

I sent a few mails but got apologies and the usual response... add more films... the ones in your queue are all being rented etc....

I currently have 35 DVD's in my queue.. and a mix of new, old and obscure titles so I think they are specifically setting customers like me (on the "free" promotion) as a lower priority.

I wont be staying with them for sure.
  • sawanderer
    sawanderer Posts: 116 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    When you sign up to emailinform.com, they give you the following code for a FOUR WEEK free trial of 1dvd.co.uk

This is the special link provided:
    http://www.hypertracker.com/go/emailinform/1DVD/

I am trying out LOVEFiLM at the moment, but will try this one next. Hope it helps out the tarts who are running out of trials!
  • dfarry
    dfarry Posts: 939 Forumite
    Options
    sawanderer wrote:
    When you sign up to emailinform.com, they give you the following code for a FOUR WEEK free trial of 1dvd.co.uk

This is the special link provided:
    http://www.hypertracker.com/go/emailinform/1DVD/

I am trying out LOVEFiLM at the moment, but will try this one next. Hope it helps out the tarts who are running out of trials!

Nice one mate I'll give them a try. :)
  • ellas9602
    ellas9602 Posts: 721 Forumite
    Options
    Hi

This is my first post, not sure if you experts are already aware of this DVD link but it appears to be largely unadvertised and is not affiliated with any other companies. I took the trial and found them to be quite good.

http://www.globalerental.co.uk/
  • Trist_3
    Trist_3 Posts: 35 Forumite
    Options
    ellas9602 wrote:
    Hi

This is my first post, not sure if you experts are already aware of this DVD link but it appears to be largely unadvertised and is not affiliated with any other companies. I took the trial and found them to be quite good.

http://www.globalerental.co.uk/
    A word of warning to anyone reading the above... I took the free 30 day trial & all discs were scratched. Both DVD's and both PS2 games. Maybe I was unlucky, but judging on other posters on here I don’t think I was the only one.

(see previous posts… above).

Personally I would stay clear, but as its completely free for 30 days theres nothing to lose really.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure