Argos - email address please for complaints

Options

Comments

• tashley
    Options
    CEO of Argos is now John Walden I called the number 01908 690333 for email address to send complaint about awful customer service and was given

order.enquiries@argos.co.uk
  • von_Plonker
    Options
    tashley wrote: »
    CEO of Argos is now John Walden I called the number 01908 690333 for email address to send complaint about awful customer service and was given

[EMAIL="order.enquiries@argos.co.uk"]order.enquiries@argos.co.uk[/EMAIL]

JW is the CEO of the Home Retail Group. David Robinson is the Chief Operating Officer of Argos.
  • von_Plonker
    von_Plonker Posts: 4 Newbie
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 26 September 2014 at 12:51PM
    Options
    Three months before the 1-year warranty expiry my portable computer stopped charging. Local Argos store sent away for repair, noting on the sheet that there was no physical damage. Having not heard from Argos after over a fortnight I called the store, was told that the device was back in and to come and collect. When I popped in store I was shown the repairer’s (a company called D & J Henry) report which stated that the unit had a damaged charging port which was not covered under the manufacturer's warranty, and that they were unable to source parts, and cost of repair would almost equal to the cost of the unit. Challenged the customer services manager to show me the damage to the port but to no avail. Several times I asked for a replacement or a refund as stated on their refunds policy of which I had brought a copy, but it all fell on deaf ears. Ended up leaving the store with my unit. Called the manufacturer on a Monday, they said that they would repair under warranty ONLY if there was NO EVIDENCE OF DAMAGE or TAMPERING. They arranged uplift on Tuesday, the item was returned back to me on Thursday that week in working order. All they did was to repair the charging port – UNDER WARRANTY! So there was NO DAMAGE after all!
    Was annoyed at fist as I could have bought the item for slightly more from Amazon and save myself all this trouble (based on a very similar recent experience) but I chose Argos because I felt strongly about preserving the jobs in our high street. I still feel that way but won’t be shopping at Argos EVER again because:

1.Judging by my experience, their Repair service is not competent

2. ARGOS do not practice what they preach in terms of their Refund policy (in my case –for faulty goods after 6 months of purchase).

3.ARGOS prefer to blame the customer – or is their repair service a sham?

4.ARGOS senior management (sent private letters to them but did not get a single reply) do not seem to want to concern themselves with customer care.

Having read online feedback on the ARGOS repair service it would appear that there are a lot of unhappy customers who consider the goal of the ARGOS repair service to be “stopping refunds” rather than “simply repairing”. If, after reading this, you do choose ARGOS for your next electrical purchase and it does develop a fault, BEFORE testing their repair service DO make sure that you have taken good quality pictures of the ENTIRE exterior of the item, and DO make sure that the physical condition of the item is described truthfully on the repair sheet. In view of my experience I doubt that you’ll be successful if you have to argue your case with ARGOS, but such evidence can be really useful if you do decide to take your case to the Small Claims Court. Obviously it would be pointless for me to do so after the item was repaired by the manufacturer, however I have reported ARGOS to Trading Standards and I will also be writing to BBC’s Watchdog.
  • GazelleS
    Options
    Hi all,

I had a delivery issue with Argos and complaint to obtain compensation, see below my complaint email with email address sent and response from PA to homeretail group director after phone conversation.

I've emailed every single email address I could find on a Saturday and got a phone call the following Monday morning.

Note I've replaced my personal information by ...

Hope it can help!

Dear Mrs ...
    Further to our conversation and as promised, I have processed a credit on your order of £100.00.
    The delivery of the order is booked for 14/5/12 between 12:00-18:00.
    Once again, on behalf Argos I am truly sorry for the disappointment and inconvenience this matter has caused you.
    Should you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me direct on 01908 789171.
    Yours Sincerely!
    Gillian Galpin
    Directors Office
    Tel: 01908 789171
    gill.galpin@homeretailgroup.com
    Flat ...
    ... Montpelier Road
    Brighton
    BN1 3BD
    Kind regards,
    CC: corporate.responsibility@homeretailgroup.com; investor.relations@homeretailgroup.com; gordon.bentley@homeretailgroup.com; media.relations@homeretailgroup.com; homeretailgroup@rlmfinsbury.com; terryduudy@argos.co.uk; sara.weller@argos.co.uk; john.walden@argos.co.uk; raye.summers@argos.co.uk
    Subject: Complaint about a Argos late delivery
    Date: Sat, 10 May 2014 09:43:30 +0000
    Dear Sir, Madam,
    On the 21st of April 2014 I've ordered the Sherington Pine Kingsize Bed Frame - 4 Drawers 666/2277 and the Airsprung Medway Comfort Kingsize Mattress 166/3484.
    I had to order via phone as your website was unfortunately inaccessible at the time.
    The agent who took my order over the phone offered me different delivery options and I chose the closest one which was on the 7th of May 2014 in the morning.
    When I asked her to confirmed it will be delivered for sure on that day she assured me it will be.
    The total amount of the order so £486.43 was taken from by bank account on the 23rd of April 2014.
    Please note I never received any email or text confirming this order so unfortunately I do not have any order number to give you to facilitate your research.
    On the 1st of May 2014 so 10 days after my order was taken and not even one week before my supposed delivery I had a call from one of your agent saying that the order could not be delivered on the 7th as promised but will be delivered on the 14th so one week later.
    I told you agent that this was not possible as I was moving to a new flat on the 7th and I needed my bed as there was not bed on this flat (the bed on my old flat belonged to the landlord).
    Your agent then told me she was sorry but there was nothing she could do as your supplier was late and could not deliver the goods to you before the week from 5th to 11th of May and she offered to credit back on my card the delivery fees for £8.95 (which have been credited on my account on the 2nd of May).
    When I told her this was not sufficient as I specifically chose the date to move to my new fat on the 7th so the day I was supposed to receive my bed and mattress and therefore if I received the delivery on the 14th I would have to sleep for 1 week on the floor she offered to order for me an air mattress that I refused and when I told her that I specifically chose a bed frame with drawers because I have many things to store she said that my flat will be a bit messy for a week...
    Can you imagine my surprise when I was trying to figure myself sleeping with an air mattress and having mess all around the flat for a week, she might as well have suggested that I go camping for a week it would have done the same effect...
    When I told her that was unacceptable and that I wanted to talk to her manager or director she said there was none she then offered to give me an email address to complain. I've asked her to email me the details as I was at work and had to isolated myself in the kitchen to take her call and therefore had nothing to note. She said she will email me the details, to this day I never received any email.
    I am now taking the opportunity to express my discontentment once again because as previously said the agent who took my order over the phone assured me the delivery will be done on the 7th and that's the reason I've order the goods to your company. If I had known from the beginning that the delivery would be done on the 14th I would have never ordered.
    I believe when an order is made from a customer to a company with agreement of all details from both parties such as price and delivery date this acts as a contract, when one of the parties brakes this contract such as not delivering on the agreed date this is a breach of contract therefore measures should be taken.
    The reimbursement of the delivery fees is one thing but you can imagine that £8.95 over £486.43 is a drop in an ocean and this is not acceptable regarding all the inconvenience caused.
    I also believe that you have taken actions for your supplier to pay a fee for delivering those goods late and I demand the same.
    I am now requesting a reimbursement of a minimum of 10% of the total amount for each days late on the delivery, so a minimum of 70% for 7 days if the delivery really happens on the 14th.
    Please be aware that if I do not receive a satisfactory response from your part within 5 working days I will not hesitate to contact the Trading Standards Institute to raise a complaint and make them aware of your processes and also some media consumer advice such as BBC Watchdog.
    Kind regards,
    The information contained in this message or any of its attachments is confidential and may be privileged. Unauthorised disclosure, copying or dissemination of the contents is strictly prohibited. The views expressed may not be official policy, but the personal views of the originator. If you are not the intended recipient or have received this message in error, please delete this e-mail and advise the sender by using the reply facility in your e-mail software.!
    All messages sent and received by Home Retail Group are monitored for viruses, high-risk file extensions, and inappropriate content.!
    The registered office address of Home Retail Group plc (registered in London, number 5863533) is Avebury, 489-499 Avebury Boulevard, Milton Keynes, MK9 2NW.!
    Please visit our website at!for further information about Home Retail Group.
  • mikejduk
    Options
    Just phone the Head Office switch board and ask to speak to the Managing Director's Office, last time I dealt with them they had a team of people who have decision making ability there to deal with complaints which CS can't seem to resolve and in the end I got £250 off my order.

Switch board number: 01908 690333

Thanks for the heads up on this contact number. Just to confirm, this contact number for the Directors' Office works. After complaining about CS keeping me waiting 57 minutes before I received an answer to my query I received £20 off my small order. Spread the word, get that number out and hopefully the Argos CS department will pull their socks up.:T
  • tracynew
    Options
    I'm fuming at how we have been treated by argos today!!! Got a new fridge freezer delivered within 10 mind of it being delivered, I was on the phone to argos to get it collected again as it was damaged at the bottom and wobbles. But no it can't be replaced as they have now of them ones left which was fine we asked when this one would be collected again, was told depended on what new one we picked!!! To have a look and phone back!!! Next min phone went again argos! Fridge had been cancelled and a refund would be issued so asked when this one would be collected. To be told the 8th of April! Told them they were joking we had no where for it that the delivery men had jst left could they not get it. No that's the earliest we can do. We we have no were for it and we have three young children what about their safety? ?? As it's jst sitting in the middle of the kitchen. Earliest we can do.even we said we would take it to the nearest store but no that wouldn't do either. Told them in that case it was going out the back as my kids safety comes first as it could fall on them as it is wobbly just sitting there.but if it goes out the back and gets damaged then that's my responsibility. It is damaged or I wouldn't of phoned in first place. WHAT ABOUT MY KIDS AND THEIR SAFETY doesn't that not count spoke to four ppl in total and in the end only Fri they would change it to
  • tomtontom
    tomtontom Posts: 7,929 Forumite
    Options
    tracynew wrote: »
    I'm fuming at how we have been treated by argos today!!! Got a new fridge freezer delivered within 10 mind of it being delivered, I was on the phone to argos to get it collected again as it was damaged at the bottom and wobbles. But no it can't be replaced as they have now of them ones left which was fine we asked when this one would be collected again, was told depended on what new one we picked!!! To have a look and phone back!!! Next min phone went again argos! Fridge had been cancelled and a refund would be issued so asked when this one would be collected. To be told the 8th of April! Told them they were joking we had no where for it that the delivery men had jst left could they not get it. No that's the earliest we can do. We we have no were for it and we have three young children what about their safety? ?? As it's jst sitting in the middle of the kitchen. Earliest we can do.even we said we would take it to the nearest store but no that wouldn't do either. Told them in that case it was going out the back as my kids safety comes first as it could fall on them as it is wobbly just sitting there.but if it goes out the back and gets damaged then that's my responsibility. It is damaged or I wouldn't of phoned in first place. WHAT ABOUT MY KIDS AND THEIR SAFETY doesn't that not count spoke to four ppl in total and in the end only Fri they would change it to

It is your responsibility to keep your children safe - surely you can find somewhere other than middle of the kitchen to keep it? Can it not go in its allocated space (presumably not the middle of the kitchen)?
  • mije1983
    mije1983 Posts: 3,665 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Somebody think of the children!
  • wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    We we have no were for it and we have three young children what about their safety?
    As has already been said, you are responsible for the safety of your children.

Told them in that case it was going out the back as my kids safety comes first as it could fall on them as it is wobbly just sitting there.but if it goes out the back and gets damaged then that's my responsibility.
    You are responsible for the goods until they are collected. If they suffer any damage, including weather damage, whilst the thing is in your possession, then you are responsible.

WHAT ABOUT MY KIDS AND THEIR SAFETY
    I think we have covered that already... no need to shout.
  • Sam_M_4
    Sam_M_4 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    I have successfully sent emails to: [EMAIL="info@argos.co.uk"]info@argos.co.uk[/EMAIL] and [EMAIL="customerservices@argos.co.uk"]customerservices@argos.co.uk[/EMAIL]
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback