Argos - email address please for complaints

Options
123457»

Comments

• zander99
    Options
    Hi All,

I am currently having issues with Argos at the moment. When they recently delivered a new sofa to my house they broke the ceiling light in the hallway. After waiting a couple of weeks for them to obtain a report from the driver and after a few emails of me sending pics of the damage to the light. They have offered me a very small amount towards a new light which I think is really unfair as they broke the light. The have also explained their policy is not to replace old for new and that I would need to provide a receipt for the light to confirm its value. the amount of running around I am having to do is unbelievable considering it was their fault they broke the light in the first place. They have asked to me obtain two letterhead quotes from electricians to repair the light.Here is the real great thing though the sofa they delivered has a cut on it which they are having to replace in a months time. This whole experience has left me not wanting to use Argos in the future I can tell you.:mad::mad:
  • Jacobs
    Jacobs Posts: 54 Forumite
    Options
    Argos are !!!!!
  • mije1983
    mije1983 Posts: 3,665 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Jacobs wrote: »
    Argos are !!!!!

It will be more helpful to people who stumble across this thread in future if you can explain your issue.
  • 40Janestrong
    40Janestrong Posts: 1 Newbie
    First Post
    edited 24 November 2020 at 5:23PM
    Options
    I've just had a candy FCP6O2X/E & I've just had an email asking Do I have a handle for the grill,but can't answer online as it isn't accepting my postcode (removed by Forum Team) as being valid. I don't know what to do next. Please can anyone help me 
  • Spank
    Spank Posts: 1,751 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    I'd remove your postcode from your post
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 19 November 2020 at 10:08PM
    Options
    @¥¥₩₩€ as being valid. I don't know what to do next. Please can anyone help me 
    Well do you have a handle for the grill ?
  • bobthebream
    Options
    we have been looking for presents for our children, & everyone want's to find them for the best price, Argos has been going for as long as I can remember, and the way they work was supposed to offer goods at discounted prices, but it seems, now they have built up their reputation for discounted goods they now want to rip us off, we looked at the price for "Lego Ninjago Sorceror's Dragon" with "Smyth's Toys" which was coming out at £51.99, I decided to look at Argos because of their heavily discounted prices in the past, and they were asking £65 for the same thing, they are now the biggest rip off going, & going off other post's they make it extremely difficult, if not impossible to complain, my advice is give Argos a wide berth
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    we have been looking for presents for our children, & everyone want's to find them for the best price, Argos has been going for as long as I can remember, and the way they work was supposed to offer goods at discounted prices, but it seems, now they have built up their reputation for discounted goods they now want to rip us off, we looked at the price for "Lego Ninjago Sorceror's Dragon" with "Smyth's Toys" which was coming out at £51.99, I decided to look at Argos because of their heavily discounted prices in the past, and they were asking £65 for the same thing, they are now the biggest rip off going, & going off other post's they make it extremely difficult, if not impossible to complain, my advice is give Argos a wide berth

Nothing wrong with Argos, it seems rhey just arent the cheapest for what your after but have in the past been cheaper, nothing wrong there.

Whats this about being extremely difficult if not impossible to complain, well on the front page there's a  "ask us a question" link or just use twitter.
  • forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,556 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Been a long time since Argos was the best place to look first.  But they do have their bargains. Purchased some items
    last year for under £20, closer to £50 everywhere else. Now they are £50 there also.  Should have bought more, although
    I did have to travel around to collect them last year.  Little stock at each store.

Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback