Free Computer & Internet Access for Children aged 7-14 of Low Income Families

Options

Comments

• rich_shot2003
    Options
    What if we allready have 1 pc in the house could we get it even if we have 1?
  • Zziggi
    Zziggi Posts: 2,485 Forumite
    Options
    the article says this will be available "next year". Does anyone know if they mean 2010 or 2011?
  • sarahf191979
    sarahf191979 Posts: 3,077 Forumite
    Options
    vicki468 wrote: »
    im confused it says on site a child aged 3-9 but i rang them an said not eligible as my son is 5

Your Child needs to be in years 3 - 9 at school so think that covers ages 7 -13yrs old:confused:.

HTH
    :D:D:D:D:D
    Where's the Coffee?? Show me the Coffee NOW!!
  • sarahf191979
    Options
    What if we allready have 1 pc in the house could we get it even if we have 1?

When I applied I already had my Laptop, and Wifi from Sky, I still got one for my eldest as I think they want all Children to have full access for home work, I didn't take out the interent option with mine though, they do take in to account how many people are in the house so you should get one too.

It is worth applying even if you are a bit unsure, just ring them up I found them really helpful and they will talk you through anything your unsure of.
  • sarahf191979
    Options
    Zziggi wrote: »
    the article says this will be available "next year". Does anyone know if they mean 2010 or 2011?

2010, They ran the pilot scheme last year in Oldham and Suffolk ready for release nationwide in 2010.

HTH
  • sarahf191979
    Options
    bluepricey wrote: »
    can i ask a daft question where is the number to ring them goin off the previous posts i think we qualify and my son could really do with a laptop for school tia

Heres the number:
    Are you eligible?
    If you are a parent and think you are eligible for a Home Access grant simply call the Home Access Grant Helpline on 0333 200 1004 to get an application form.

HTH
  • maria932
    maria932 Posts: 336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    have just rang and am eligibleand they are sending the application form, thank you.

Do they send you the computer or do they send cash and u send receipts, how does it work?
  • kizzykizzywizzy
    Options
    Thank You for this, have just rung up for an application form as seems I will be elligible.
    What an amazing scheme, can't believe they are doing this, fantastic!!
    Comping again - wins so far : 2 V festival tix, 2 NFL tix, 6 bottles of wine, personalised hand soap, Aussie miracle conditioner :beer:

Married my best friend 15/4/16 :)
  • kizzykizzywizzy
    Options
    maria932 wrote: »
    have just rang and am eligibleand they are sending the application form, thank you.

Do they send you the computer or do they send cash and u send receipts, how does it work?

Sorry forgot to ask a lot myself, but he said it takes about 7-10 days for application & then once you have returned it about 3 weeks to reply at which time you should recieve a "payment card" to take to the suppliers to collect your laptop or PC.
    Comping again - wins so far : 2 V festival tix, 2 NFL tix, 6 bottles of wine, personalised hand soap, Aussie miracle conditioner :beer:

Married my best friend 15/4/16 :)
  • tamalyn
    tamalyn Posts: 2,106 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    i live in wales and it says this …who attends a state-maintained school in England full time**?

i dont think it covers wales yet again! lost out on a cheap childs activity holiday as i lived in wales not england.
    Top wins - £10,000 lottery/daily mirror, £5000 asda vouchers, £1000 washing machine, 2 week canaries cruise, VIP trip to the olympics, 46" 3D TV, personal chef, kitchen aid mixer, £1000 tesco vouchers - latest prize £10,000 road trip with kit Kat
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure