January save on work lunches challenge

Options

Comments

• La_escocesa
    La_escocesa Posts: 3,096 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    do they not have a policy that means they have to give you so much off their order etc if they are late?

The last time they were late they took off the £5 delivery charge. I'm assuming they would've done that for us, but was being stubborn and just cancelled. Rubbish. (But maybe if we don't shop online for a while they will send us better discount vouchers!)

I did fall off the wagon a wee bit lunch-wise this week. Ended up buying myself a cheeky shop-made tuna sarnie @ £1.45 and went to the coffee shop twice! Next week...
  • rictus123
    rictus123 Posts: 2,560 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    5 from 5 again for me, no baker so far :D
    Work in progress...Update coming July 2012.
  • Lollypop75
    Options
    I had another packed lunch today. I cooked a delicious vegetable satay yesterday morning, which I used for lunch yesterday and today. Not working tomorrow but will cook something for the next couple of days. So far I'm doing better than my target!
  • me-shelly
    Options
    4/5 for me this week. Met a friend for lunch one day couldn't resist.
    SPC 2011 #758 - no target just a surprise #20 - £365 in 365 days 4/365 Olympic chal #46 - debt free by July 2012 £6739/£18939
  • eleanor73
    eleanor73 Posts: 1,615 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Done another no spend week! Not one penny spent in work hours this month.:j

I had bargain bin pasta bake today. Was 99p and had it in the freezer. Determined to get to january. Got some back up soups in the cupboard which will do if I don't get organised (48p in Tesco - Green Giant ones)

Very pleased with myself. Think the baguette shop think they've upset me!!
    Since starting again after beanie: June 2016: Child development DVDs, Massive Attack tickets. July: Aberystwyth trip, hotmilk nightie. Aug: £10 Hipp Organic vouchers, powerpack. September: Sunglasses. October: £30 poundland vouchers.
  • VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,846 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Can I join please? This is one of my New Year's Resolutions - to stop being lazy re: lunches at work. So far so good. I've been making big batches of soup to take in. This week was red pepper/tomato and lentil. Next week I'm planning on taking a Mexican Bean one that I love. This week there was only one day when I didn't take lunch but that was because I was at a conference and lunch was provided.

Can't wait to get some handy tips/recipes from you guys. x
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • bramble1
    bramble1 Posts: 3,096 Forumite
    Options
    I failed yesterday - but because we had NO food in our house! We'd actually run out! So i bought a subway. But back on track again today :-)
    Annual Grocery Budget £364.00/£1500
    Debt payments 2012 £433.27
  • tiny_courageous
    Options
    team lunch on friday so another week of successes! I'm not in work next week so will have to have a think about what to take in the week after.
  • MrGreen
    MrGreen Posts: 583 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 23 January 2010 at 8:01PM
    Options
    A week of no spend on lunches for me, it was only 4 days work this week. 11/15 days so far. Still on target to get 4/5 NSD at work for January, will have to have another week of no spending, should be easier as I'm quite committed to not spending on lunches at work.

I'm up for carrying this on for another month in February now that I've got into the flow of things.

Nottoobadyet will you be starting another thread for February?
    Nearly debt free
  • MoodyBlues
    Options
    Sign me up - I haven't paid for anything yet, besides the food we bought in for the house!
    Lots of NSDs!
    Total debt at lightbulb moment (Jan 2010): £23410
    Target for Dec 2011: £17000
    Lloyds - Early Jan: £[STRIKE]2040[/STRIKE] Feb: £[STRIKE]2050[/STRIKE] Mar: £0
    Other Lloyds @ highest: £9800 Feb: £9800

Current debt: £23420
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family