January save on work lunches challenge

Options

Comments

• medini
    medini Posts: 81 Forumite
    Options
    I have brought all my food from home (lunch and tea) for 2 weeks except for on fridays, so my aim of eight out of ten is being stuck to. Will try for another good week!

am having a bit of a spending save this month as am on emergency tax at work, hopefuly when I get paid middle of next month it will be all sorted out,
  • incesticde
    Options
    incesticde wrote: »
    A poor week for me,

Mon and Tues were complete failures, Wed was a good day with only a baguette being brought, thursday I worked from home and today I brought in some slow cooked pork belly leftovers I made yesterday.

Spent £5.50 this week... :o

Did some forward planning this weekend (impressive for me as I'm a man!) and went down to M&S and stocked up on soups for the desk drawer, have four different types of soups in my drawer now so that should handle the times I forget to bring something in.....

I also remembered to pack leftovers yesterday so i have some lovely pork belly leftovers to get through today

So today is one for one!
    "I don't want to sound cold and un-caring, but I am those things so that's the way it comes out" - Bill Hicks
  • bramble1
    bramble1 Posts: 3,096 Forumite
    Options
    Back on track again for this week!
    Today - Grapefruit, grapes, nachos, ham and lettuce sandwich.

Rest of the week

Soup and bread
    Soup and bread
    Pastrami Sandwich
    Ham Sandwich
    Ham Sandwich

Then loadsss of fruit, veg, nachos and yoghurt.

I will definately be carrying this on to next month!
    Annual Grocery Budget £364.00/£1500
    Debt payments 2012 £433.27
  • Nottoobadyet
    Options
    Have leftover pasta bake today, nom nom nom! Also made a vat of lentil soup yesterday so I'll go through that during the week.
    Mortgage free by 30:eek:: £28,000/£100,000
    :DDebt free as of 1 October, 2010:D
    Taking my frugal life on the road!
  • VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,846 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    So this morning I have made my BNS soup which has gone into the freezer. Plan for lunches this week:-

Today : finish off tomato, pepper and lentil soup
    Tomorrow and probably until Thursday: pea and ham soup
    Friday/weekend : BNS soup
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • jayss
    jayss Posts: 543 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Happy monday.

Today is veggie chilli and a wrap. Breakfast was teacake.
    Tonight the food shopping arrives :j tomorrow will likely be chill again and rest of week fruit, bagel and yoghurt.
  • eleanor73
    eleanor73 Posts: 1,615 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Nearly mucked up today - got a ready meal out of the freezer and then realised it couldn't be microwaved! Put it in the work freezer (I know I am lucky to have one) and scavenged some toast and luckily had yoghurts left over from last week.
    So still on track - yesterday had left over Sunday food (Jamie O's Spicy Meat Gumbo) and today was definitely my least orgaised day. Going to take my soup into work and keep it there in case this happens again!

Well done everyone - not long to go!
    Since starting again after beanie: June 2016: Child development DVDs, Massive Attack tickets. July: Aberystwyth trip, hotmilk nightie. Aug: £10 Hipp Organic vouchers, powerpack. September: Sunglasses. October: £30 poundland vouchers.
  • Nottoobadyet
    Nottoobadyet Posts: 1,754 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Off the hook today - we're stressed to bits at work so my boss brought us out to lunch as a suprise today! So my baked potatoes and soup will wait for tomorrow. I have two days worth of lunch in the fridge and friday we have a catered meeting, so woot I think I will make it through the entire month with no spends at all! Amazing!
    Mortgage free by 30:eek:: £28,000/£100,000
    :DDebt free as of 1 October, 2010:D
    Taking my frugal life on the road!
  • Lollypop75
    Options
    I managed another one yesterday, which I'm pleased about! I was inspired by some of the posts earlier in this thread and heated some vegetables and added some random vegetables to it - it was pretty good. Had it with a crusty white roll, and I've got some leftovers for tomorrow.
  • Count me in. Anything to save money and get out of this never ending cycle of debt.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure