January save on work lunches challenge

Options

Comments

• girlypink
    Options
    Hey, i'd love to start this in February so far this January ive spent £1.65 on lunches.
    :AGirlyPink:A
    "There’s always light at the end of the tunnel, maybe you just need to borrow a torch"
    CCCS DMP started February 2010 Estimated DFD August 2015 Total Debt 2004 =[STRIKE]£21,500[/STRIKE] 2010 = £9,850:eek:DMP mutual support thread: 369
  • incesticde
    Options
    incesticde wrote: »
    Did some forward planning this weekend (impressive for me as I'm a man!) and went down to M&S and stocked up on soups for the desk drawer, have four different types of soups in my drawer now so that should handle the times I forget to bring something in.....

I also remembered to pack leftovers yesterday so i have some lovely pork belly leftovers to get through today

So today is one for one!

Good job I did the shop, M&S soups are lush

Monday : pork belly brought in
    Tuesday : chinese noodle soup (nice!)
    Wednesday : stir fry brought in
    Thursday : Bought korma at work (£2.70 tsk!)
    Friday : Cream of chicken soup

4/5. total spent £3 Happy with that
    "I don't want to sound cold and un-caring, but I am those things so that's the way it comes out" - Bill Hicks
  • josephine82
    Options
    20/20 for me! This has had a real impact on my savings this month so i'm going to continue on for February!
    Debt free as of 2 October 2009
    Mortgage free as of 27 March 2024
  • phoenix_dragon
    Options
    I'd like to join the February challange when it starts. I have been buying lunches this month, and I'm spending far too much! My mum always makes enough dinner to feed the five thousand, so I'm going to make sure I bring in the leftovers.
    HSBC Credit Card £608.69, HSBC Overdraft: £4123.67, HSBC Loan: £8,270.69
    Lloyds Credit Card: £1418.62, Very Account: £518.99, Barclaycard: £126
    Total Debt as of 9th June 2020: £15066.66
  • twistedmoosie
    Options
    I'll join you guys in Feb for the full 30 days - so far this month I've been a bit half and half, but I do so resent handing over a fiver to Pret etc.!!

Did you know that in theory it's healthier for you to have your bigger meal of the day at lunch? So if you cook something the night before for dinner and have it again at lunch the next day a) you know you like it and b) it's darn filling. this kinda works better if you have access to a microwave, but you can still do it with tortillas, wraps, that kind of thing!
  • VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,846 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I've been good this week. 5/5. Every day bar today I have had homemade pea and ham soup. Today it's been homemade BNS soup. Am planning to make a couscous salad for next week although Friday I will be out for lunch. It's my last day at the place I'm temping and we're going out for lunch.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • Liz3yy
    Liz3yy Posts: 1,301 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm going to join the February list, I've spent over £10 on lunches at work the past 3 days and I'm not happy with myself!
    They have the internet on computers now?! - Homer Simpson

It's always better to be late in this life, than early in the next
  • izzydogsam
    Options
    Urgh! Fell off the waggon a bit this week cos we went out to celebrate a colleague's birthday one day, and I forgot to take anything on two more of the days. :o

Still, 13 days out of a planned 16 days wasn't too bad, and I saved a fortune. So I'm up for trying again during February, going for taking lunch four days out of five again.
    :dance:£2 savers challenge:dance:
    £152/£200
    :naughty:Still trying to pay off my CC :naughty:
    £3,800/£4,343 paid off
  • VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,846 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi, I was wondering if the Feb challenge has been set up and if someone could post a link if so. Cheers. x
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • natlie
    natlie Posts: 1,688 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'll join too please, I usually take lunch in but can also be tempted to use the cafe downstairs - I sometimes have soup £1 there or two slices of toast 70p not too bad. I take brekkie in to work - cereal bar or muller corner and for lunch it varies - soup, salad, last week I took crispbreads and cauldron veggie pate and fruit - we have no microwave at work or toaster. My aim is no spend
    DMP: £30,668 £3,364.02 DFD July 2024
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport