A Payment a Day -Part Seven!

Options

Comments

• Flower08
    Flower08 Posts: 4,771 Forumite
    Options
    Morning everyone!

Quick post before i go to the gym - have booked myself in for a spinning class (oh lord why did i think that was a good idea? :o).

PAD for today is £4.00 to Savings.
    Biggest Loser Weight Loss: 13 / 20 lb
  • Greenbynature
    Options
    Yesterday's total was £821.35:T
    Debt @ LBM - £25,722 Debt now - £11,811 DFD - April 2012 :eek: :eek:
    Payment a day challenge - 8/8/08 - £8669.73:jISA - £127.07
    Sealed Pot Challenge #283 £489.50 for 2009//£353 for 2010
    Stopped smoking 1/11/2010 - money saved so far:£515:D
  • Greenbynature
    Options
    Hi all

Can't get on to my online banking!!! So pad of £5 cap1 cc, maybe more later if I can get into my account!

£5
    Debt @ LBM - £25,722 Debt now - £11,811 DFD - April 2012 :eek: :eek:
    Payment a day challenge - 8/8/08 - £8669.73:jISA - £127.07
    Sealed Pot Challenge #283 £489.50 for 2009//£353 for 2010
    Stopped smoking 1/11/2010 - money saved so far:£515:D
  • angelicmary85
    Options
    Morning All!

I'm so exhusted today...didn't sleep very well last night, was trying to count how many months I'll have to work before I could afford to quit :o because I really don't want to go back there. I just kept going over and over in my mind that it'll probably be 3years until my loan is finsished so I'm going to need to get my act together and live on smartprice spaghetti and save every penny I possibly can to help pay it off quicker. I'm counting the hours until I have to go and I'm nervous and have that horrible feeling of dread in the pit of my stomach :(

I mentioned yesterday that I may ask to get moved to a different department and was told to do whatever the f*ck I wanted, I was never treated/spoken to like this before I went off for the second time.

I said to the supervisior that he was being out of order and if he wasn't careful I'd drag him into the HR office for bullying in the workplace and discriminating against a part time employee...I wouldn't really do it but saying it felt good at the time!

The house is really cold today aswell which isn't helping my mood, we ran out of heating on Sat night and can't get it anywhere except the council office which obviously isn't open at the weekend. I can't get the buggy out in the snow as the council haven't cleared any of the snow from either the roads or the pavements so I'm trying to keep the kids warm but I can't do the dishes as the hot water runs off the same system as the heating, OH is briging it home with him so he'll get in about 3.15 and I'm due at work at half past so will run out the door as soon as the car pulls up...what a life eh?

Pad for me is £10.00 please Green!

Not going to wish everyone a fab day as I'll get really jealous if you all have a good day! x
    Started PADdin' 13/04/09 paid £7486.66 - CC free 02/11/10
    Aim for 2011 - pay off car loan £260.00 saved
    Nerd No. 1173! :j
    Made by God...Improved by the The Devil :D
  • angelicmary85
    Options
    boysma wrote: »
    Angelic - that sounds pretty c**p going back to that:mad: Mind you another maternity stint is a bit drastic :D

I went back the 1st time in Sep 08 and was already about 10/11weeks pregnant...I was off again by May 09! :rotfl:
  • mooomin
    mooomin Posts: 13,703 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options

I said to the supervisior that he was being out of order and if he wasn't careful I'd drag him into the HR office for bullying in the workplace and discriminating against a part time employee...I wouldn't really do it but saying it felt good at the time!
    All joking aside, keep a note of conversations/comments which make you feel uncomfortable/harrassed by this person. You might have to use it with HR or at a tribunal in the future, and well-kept records are invaluable.
  • angelicmary85
    Options
    All joking aside, keep a note of conversations/comments which make you feel uncomfortable/harrassed by this person. You might have to use it with HR or at a tribunal in the future, and well-kept records are invaluable.

you're probably right, I'll do that just now. A little bit of power has gone to his head. If I didn't have a loan to pay I'd have handed in my notice yesterday but it's not just me I have to consider when making such a big decision so I'll have to thank the lord it's only 2 shifts a week, put my head down and just get on with it.
  • MinniMe_2
    MinniMe_2 Posts: 1,611 Forumite
    Options
    morning all, no PAD here :( things are really really tight, £25 to last me till teh weekend and I need petrol, had to use CC at the weekend as I simply had no choice - but feel pants about doing it!

get paid friday so shall start again then, will still be on here with you all though.

BIG hugs to all who need them today
    New surname New start!
    Total Debt - [STRIKE]£9999.09 [/STRIKE]now 7633.16 23.66% paid off
  • PigginSkint
    PigginSkint Posts: 2,706 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi All

Another flying visit!

Today's PAD is £1.11 to Evil Egg
    PigginSkint's debt free diary
    DFW Nerd 1049 Amazon Sellers Club member 54
    Total mortgage debt: 30/4/17 £14090.77 (Last payment: September 2021)
    LTSB Loan 30/4/17 £6633.71 (reduction by 48%)
    Total credit cards: 30/4/17 £25971.91 :eek:
    Total non-mortgage debt: 30/4/17 £32876.49 :eek:
  • bLaZiNgDucK
    Options
    euronorris wrote: »
    I think this is an excellent idea!

Do you have an emergency fund yet? If not, it would probably be a good idea to start saving for one. Then, when it's reached a reasonable level you can cancel the credit card and get rid of it entirely if you want to.

Although, I must admit that, once the debt is clear, I will probably hang onto one card. Just for big purchases (for the money protection), which would be saved up for in advance and then the card would be paid for in full before the next statement.

But.....you need to do what works for you.

I have just started a Emergency fund I am almost at £100 so far this month. Also thanks FF for answering.

What I have decided to do is to get rid of the cc as the interest is stupid, and if I do need credit I may get a better deal if I dont have it.
    Am hoping to get the Emergency fund up to £1000 so I can close the OD as well.

Duckie
    To be figured out!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family