A Payment a Day -Part Seven!

Options

Comments

• Matt666
    Matt666 Posts: 154 Forumite
    Options
    Morning! :beer:

I did try to PAd at 11:30pm last night, but the snow must have been interfering with my internetz because I just couldn't get the forum to load... :(

Never mind, I still PAD'ded - so it's £9 from last night and £9 this morning, making...

£18 :D
    Bank loan was £18,202.32 now £441.53
    Egg C/C @ 0% was £1467.75 now £582.99
    Virgin CC @ 0% was £2827.54 now £1974.34
    £3,121.15 Remaining...DEBT FREE >>> Potentially now September 2010!!!
    :D MINT CC & Abbey CC CLOSED:D
  • catchooky
    catchooky Posts: 420 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    £2 please for me to vanquis
    NSD November 1/20 :money:
    Crap 1, Simple Be, Next, VANQUIS, TESCO, VERY, EMPIRE, ADDITIONS, HALIFAX C/C, HALIFAX LOAN, STUDENT LOAN
    Make £10 a day in November £34.57/£450 :eek:
  • mooomin
    mooomin Posts: 13,703 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options

I have cleared my cc credt limit 1650 and my OD limit 1000. Now I know i should close them soo I cant use them again but what if i need emergency funds???? :confused: I think i might close them.......... Cause i will just use them??? Ohhhh my brain hurts lol Advice please
    Overdrafts are more tempting for me....just a personal thing though.

If it were me I would cancel the OD and keep the credit card, but I would remove it as a "remembered card" from places like Amazon. I would then put it in a tupperware tub, fill with water and freeze it. It will then have to be an emergency as you'll have to thaw it to use it.
  • LondonAndy
    LondonAndy Posts: 1,326 Forumite
    Options
    Hi folks, back in the UK and my internet stopped working over the weekend, grr. At least the TV was working as it was far too cold to go anywhere. So a few catch up PADs for today's total.

Friday - £60
    Saturday - £2
    Sunday - £2
    Monday - £3 plus HSBC payment of £158.23

Total for counting today = £225.23

Hope everyone had a great weekend and here's to a non-stressful Monday!
    Debt Free 25th August 2010 with PAD !!
    TARGETS : :D:D
    Save 12k in 2013: #068 : £7,305/£12,000
  • angelicmary85
    Options
    m
    LondonAndy wrote: »
    Hope everyone had a great weekend and here's to a non-stressful Monday!

I'm already stressed!
    Started PADdin' 13/04/09 paid £7486.66 - CC free 02/11/10
    Aim for 2011 - pay off car loan £260.00 saved
    Nerd No. 1173! :j
    Made by God...Improved by the The Devil :D
  • jenny+luke
    Options
    morning all, more snow. can u believe school is OPEN. im not risking driving after the crashes i had last wk. school is 2 far too walk.

pay for today is £30

2016 Goals
    1. PAYDBX 2016 #125 Paid :j
    2. save £8,068/£10,566=76%.
    3. Save £500 with Park. £420/£500
  • catchooky
    Options
    Hi can you please put me down for an additional £6.29 (music magpie sale) to vanquis
    NSD November 1/20 :money:
    Crap 1, Simple Be, Next, VANQUIS, TESCO, VERY, EMPIRE, ADDITIONS, HALIFAX C/C, HALIFAX LOAN, STUDENT LOAN
    Make £10 a day in November £34.57/£450 :eek:
  • euronorris
    euronorris Posts: 12,247 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Morning everyone!

Hope you are all OK.

Ahh, my Manager is lovely! We have to complete timesheets every day to record our time - you know, how much on this client, how much on that etc for billing purposes.

Anyway, I had 3 hours down as 'TOIL' for Wednesday last week due to arriving late and leaving early because of the snow. I was intending to make this up as normal. But, as I got stuck for 5 hours on my way home she doesn't think it's fair that I have to make it up, and has told me to put to our 'no work' code instead.

That's so nice (and yes, I know how very lucky I am in this respect) :)
    February wins: Theatre tickets
  • euronorris
    euronorris Posts: 12,247 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Overdrafts are more tempting for me....just a personal thing though.

If it were me I would cancel the OD and keep the credit card, but I would remove it as a "remembered card" from places like Amazon. I would then put it in a tupperware tub, fill with water and freeze it. It will then have to be an emergency as you'll have to thaw it to use it.

I think this is an excellent idea!

Do you have an emergency fund yet? If not, it would probably be a good idea to start saving for one. Then, when it's reached a reasonable level you can cancel the credit card and get rid of it entirely if you want to.

Although, I must admit that, once the debt is clear, I will probably hang onto one card. Just for big purchases (for the money protection), which would be saved up for in advance and then the card would be paid for in full before the next statement.

But.....you need to do what works for you.
    February wins: Theatre tickets
  • Flower08
    Flower08 Posts: 4,771 Forumite
    Options
    euronorris wrote: »
    I think this is an excellent idea!

Do you have an emergency fund yet? If not, it would probably be a good idea to start saving for one. Then, when it's reached a reasonable level you can cancel the credit card and get rid of it entirely if you want to.

Although, I must admit that, once the debt is clear, I will probably hang onto one card. Just for big purchases (for the money protection), which would be saved up for in advance and then the card would be paid for in full before the next statement.

But.....you need to do what works for you.

This is exactly what i would do. I would keep the credit card until i have an emergency fund built up.
    Biggest Loser Weight Loss: 13 / 20 lb
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport