A Payment a Day -Part Seven!

Options

Comments

• angelicmary85
    Options
    or fangs??? :rotfl::rotfl: oh I don't know lol just can't imagine you smiling whilst biting your tongue!! :o

I have a little space between a top and bottom tooth (when my mouth is closed, obviously!) which the tip of my tongue fits into perfectly...I'll just place it there when I'm smiling and squeeze my top tooth down on it! :rotfl:

Now I'm armed with tongue biting and em, s.m.i.l.i.n.g...I'm good to go!
    Started PADdin' 13/04/09 paid £7486.66 - CC free 02/11/10
    Aim for 2011 - pay off car loan £260.00 saved
    Nerd No. 1173! :j
    Made by God...Improved by the The Devil :D
  • euronorris
    euronorris Posts: 12,247 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Hopeful1 wrote: »
    It is possible but it has taken me several years of practice lol To be honest if you disagree with some people or express an opinion, they think you're rude no matter how nicely you put it!!! I always find smiling while i'm being strong willed is good 'cause it confuses people :p

This is why I like the Dutch so much (hehe, it rhymes!).

They are very straight forward and say what they think. In a matter of fact way so that everyone knows where they stand and are honest etc.

A lot of people would find it rude in the UK, but I find it refreshing. Maybe because I've always been a bit like that myself and was forever having to hold my tongue or think of 'nice way' to say something.

My friends know not to ask for my opinion unless they are prepared to hear what I honestly think. But, they've also told me that they appreciate it, which is good. :)

Just had my appraisal at work and all went very well. They want me to start the degree I mentioned to them last year, so I have to get all the info and then get the director to sign off on the cost. Can hopefully start 'International Business and Management Studies' in September then! Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (providing all doesn't go t'ts up for my OH in the meantime that is!).
    February wins: Theatre tickets
  • jo41
    jo41 Posts: 1,171 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Afternoon all,
    £20 please to my savings Keza.
    Have a good day!
    Jo x
  • tomtombeanie
    tomtombeanie Posts: 1,023 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 5 February 2010 at 2:15PM
    Options
    How do you stay strong willed without being rude?? :)

not saying i always get it right :o:o but you must just be pleasant but firm. if they try to get you or adam to do anything you're not sure you want to do, say you need a day or two to think about it. good luck xxx

ETA: and yes, do that "smiling" thing too! just finished reading the posts...
    Mortgage free as of 11/11/15 !
    :Anow... to start some serious saving :A

• tomtombeanie
    Options
    also should say, PAD today of 2.42 to savings - clearing out current account before pay day on monday.

190px-TFI_Friday_Logo.jpg

• tomtombeanie
    Options
    euronorris wrote: »
    Oh tomtom, let's be new BFF's! hahahahaha

I'm so jealous! He seems like a really good guy, and funny too. He's on Twitter and makes loads of silly jokes, mainly about his Supernatural fans being his minions! hahaha

:D
    next time i'm digging through The Cupboard of Doom in the lounge, i'll have a peep at my HS yearbooks and see if there are any old pics of him i can scan for you. don't hold your breath, though, it seriously is Doom in there and i have to be super in the mood for a tidy! :o:p

• tomtombeanie
    Options
    right, i'm finished now! (i want another star!) :)

• euronorris
    euronorris Posts: 12,247 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    :D
    next time i'm digging through The Cupboard of Doom in the lounge, i'll have a peep at my HS yearbooks and see if there are any old pics of him i can scan for you. don't hold your breath, though, it seriously is Doom in there and i have to be super in the mood for a tidy! :o:p

Haha, fair enough! Would love to see the pics if you have them though. :D

I had a thought that I could show them to him at the convention in May and then realised that I would look like a complete stalker! hahahaha. I don't wanna scare the poor guy (there'll be plenty of others there to do that ;)).
    February wins: Theatre tickets
  • true27
    true27 Posts: 1,569 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    right, i'm finished now! (i want another star!) :)

Me too! Although I'm still a way behind you :D
    Paddle #8 DFW Nerd #1284
  • true27
    true27 Posts: 1,569 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Still no PAD from me though, the sofa didn't yeild any pennies :( will raid DH's wallet later :D
    Paddle #8 DFW Nerd #1284
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport