Options
    £37.50 for me today please

Muso x
  • true27
    true27 Posts: 1,569 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    :hello: Happy Friday everyone!!

Don't think I can pad today :( my wallet is empty, as is my bank account and DH took his change with him to work! Off to hunt down the back of the sofa, sure I can find a penny somewhere!

Had a bath in my lush new bathroom last night, ooo that was lovely! So proud of it!

Hopefully be back later... :)
    Paddle #8 DFW Nerd #1284
  • keza
    keza Posts: 1,309 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    good morning all! what with some massive pads and some dinky ones yesterday,

the total for yesterday was a HUGE £2,402.13!!!

Well done all! xxx :T:j:T
    Current Mortgage balance - £348,607.76/£395,999.
    Tesco - £9,757.91
    HSBC - £7,186.54
  • keza
    keza Posts: 1,309 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    My pad today is £2.41 to VSP.

Dont get a chance to read everyones posts cos im adding up then coz ive thanked everyone, i lose my place lmao! ! xxx :o
    Current Mortgage balance - £348,607.76/£395,999.
    Tesco - £9,757.91
    HSBC - £7,186.54
  • mswan
    mswan Posts: 433 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi All, Pad of £2.99 cheque from music magpie

Have a great Friday everyone
  • angelicmary85
    Options
    Morning Padders! I need to have a wee rant so my apologies for the huge post!

A few weeks ago I finally bit the bullet and phoned the 'special needs' centre to try to get some physio for DS.

After weeks of no-one answering the phone, I finally got hold of someone last week who took name/number/DS' details and she said she'd get someone to call me back.

After a week of no phone call or letter, I phoned back yesterday and was answered the 3rd time and asked if I could make an appointment with Dr x and one of the physio's. She asked if we'd been referred and I said no, we'd been offered appointments which we thanked Dr x for but we didn't need them at the time.

She paused for a wee min and then said 'so, you were offered appointments that you refused to come to, now you want an appointment' to which I replied, 'yes I do, if that's not too much trouble' and she said 'I'll take your details and someone will call you back'

I told her that I'd left my details a week ago and no-one had phoned. She said 'someone will phone you back'

I then asked her if I was dialling the right number as this phone was rarely answered and she asked which number I was calling, told her it was stored in my mobile so I couldn't see the number but if it helped, it was supposed to get through to a woman called x. She said 'we do have answering machines you know' - I just said that if the phone wasn't answered then I wasn't sure if you'd pick up a message. She sighed and said, 'we do have answering machines'

I said 'well, I'm putting you out I'll just take him to take him to the physio that can no longer help' and she just said 'no' *confused*

Is it just me or was she being a !!!!ing !!!!!?? :mad:

I'm very rarely rude to people unless they get my back up which she did when she said 'you want...'

These people harassed me for weeks about special playgroups and giving me the name and number of a total stranger who I never phoned and HV's are still on my case...then, when I finally ask for some physio...I get spoken to like that?!!

I'm not sure whether to take him now or not, I'm really annoyed about it but I don't know if I should have gone to the appointments to begin with so we didn't get treated like we were using the centre whenever we felt like it?!

Am I over-reacting?!
    Started PADdin' 13/04/09 paid £7486.66 - CC free 02/11/10
    Aim for 2011 - pay off car loan £260.00 saved
    Nerd No. 1173! :j
    Made by God...Improved by the The Devil :D
  • Hopeful1
    Hopeful1 Posts: 2,076 Forumite
    Options
    Sounds like she was being rude and unprofessional, but for Adam's benefit you need to go. It is not unusual for parents to not want to engage with services immediately and there's nothing wrong with that, so she should be far more understanding. It's not that you were given appoinments and just didn't turn up. Ignore her. It's not worth worrying about someone like that. Hopefully the physio will be a good one. If Adam benefits the grief will have been worth it ;)
    One step at a time ;)
  • angelicmary85
    Options
    Hopeful1 wrote: »
    Sounds like she was being rude and unprofessional, but for Adam's benefit you need to go. It is not unusual for parents to not want to engage with services immediately and there's nothing wrong with that, so she should be far more understanding. It's not that you were given appoinments and just didn't turn up. Ignore her. It's not worth worrying about someone like that. Hopefully the physio will be a good one. If Adam benefits the grief will have been worth it ;)

Thanks Hopeful,

Your last sentence is exactly what I was thinking but I've been told you need to be strong willed when dealing with this centre as they have a tendancy to (and I quote from a regual there) 'take over your life and do things you don't want hem to do' (this mother has spent 3yrs getting her daughter to walk for the professionals to come along and fit her up for a wheelchair when she doesn't need it :eek:)

How do you stay strong willed without being rude?? :)
    Started PADdin' 13/04/09 paid £7486.66 - CC free 02/11/10
    Aim for 2011 - pay off car loan £260.00 saved
    Nerd No. 1173! :j
    Made by God...Improved by the The Devil :D
  • Greenbynature
    Options
    Totally agree with hopeful Angelic - he's your son you do what YOU think is right for him at the time. x
    Debt @ LBM - £25,722 Debt now - £11,811 DFD - April 2012 :eek: :eek:
    Payment a day challenge - 8/8/08 - £8669.73:jISA - £127.07
    Sealed Pot Challenge #283 £489.50 for 2009//£353 for 2010
    Stopped smoking 1/11/2010 - money saved so far:£515:D
  • clearing_out_my_pockets
    Options
    COMP, are we fv friends? I cant remember who's real name matches which MSE name :o

Sx

Yeah, we are... Considered a while ago putting an avatar up of my profile pic so people recognise me but I don't like having my photo taken and hate most photos of me! :o

My PaD today is £3.90

On a separate (slightly random) issue, it is 600 days until I get married. which still sounds like ages, but when we first got engaged, it was in 4 figures, so the small things make me happy!

Louise
    Don't worry about typing out my username - Call me COMP
    (Unless you know my real name - in which case, feel free to use that just to confuse people!)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure