Eager Elephant's Effective Everyday Excursion ...

Options

Comments

• chevalier
    chevalier Posts: 7,937 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    HI EE,
    I have only read through the last 8 or 9 pages, but wow, what a life! You make me realise how EASY mine is in comparison LOL. So thanks for the boot up the jacksy.

I hope that you can now crack on with your debt busting and saving goals.

Don't put off having that financial chat with OH. Perhaps having that sort of chat every month, will help keep him focussed.
    chev
    I want a job that is less than an hour driving away from my house! Are you listening universe?
  • Skint_but_Optimistic
    Options
    We all need some motivation... I need a rocket up my backside not a boot. Nice to see the husband is on board EE, mine is reticent to do anymore than he thinks necessary. He will batch cook but he wont scrimp like me!
    Trying to shift that debt!
  • Eager_Elephant
    Options
    Long time no see... Hope you are all well:D

Have managed to cash out on YouGov and thought I better post the news!! I have looked back and the last time I cashed out was March 2010 and before that July 2006 so 4 years to payout:eek:. I do most of the surveys but maybe I need to try harder!!!

So then I thought I better update all my survey site info, last time I did this was January 2012. Instead of just using my list I have gone through all my emails and found some survey sites I use that were not listed (I closed 2 accounts down earlier in the year but I still have loads due to these extras!!:

Yougov – [STRIKE]2960[/STRIKE] 35 (just cashed out)
    Pure Profile - [STRIKE]£1.65 [/STRIKE] £2.40
    MySurvey (was Lightspeed) – [STRIKE] 885 [/STRIKE] 481
    Global Test – [STRIKE]501 [/STRIKE] Closed Account
    Valued Opinions – [STRIKE]£9.00[/STRIKE] £7.25
    Opinion Bar - [STRIKE]£5.70 [/STRIKE] £4.60
    Harris Poll – [STRIKE]970 [/STRIKE] 1320
    One Poll - [STRIKE]£10.70 [/STRIKE] £18.80
    Ipoints(Maximiles) – [STRIKE]1357[/STRIKE] 3377
    Rewarded Opinions – [STRIKE]600 [/STRIKE] 1300
    MyVoice - [STRIKE]2065[/STRIKE] 1025
    Hi-Epanel - [STRIKE]16 [/STRIKE] 38
    American Consumer [STRIKE]$7.00 [/STRIKE] Closed Acount
    Crowdology [STRIKE]£4.64 [/STRIKE] £1.28
    NewVistaLive - [STRIKE]£12.00 [/STRIKE] £24.50
    UK Product Community [STRIKE]1500[/STRIKE] 50 (just redeemed £10 Amazon

Ipsos 460
    Power Of Opinions 245
    OnePoll+ £4.08

The bottom 3 are the ones I have been doing for ages but forgot to add to list.

I have also been doing GreenRedeem and although I have loads of points I don't see any vouchers worth getting. I did request an M&S £5 off £35 spend for clothes but DD doesn't fit into their school uniform so now I have a spare voucher which will expire soon plus I saw that they are stopping M & S as possibly the food one may have come in handy?!?

Is anyone else doing GreenRedeem? If you are what vouchers are you getting??

Will be back soon to do a financial update.
  • Eager_Elephant
    Options
    Just looking back on my diary and noticed I had not updated balances since October 2013.

Back then this is what I owed:

Balances as per statements:

Barclaycard - £7351.11
    Amazon - £2203.87
    Abbey - £1039.38

Total - £10,594.36

Now I owe:

Barclaycard - £7301.11
    Amazon - £2351.25
    Abbey - £933.01

Total - £10,585.37:eek::mad::eek::mad:

Now that is ridiculous - a reduction of £9 in 10 months is just beyond a joke.

I really need to get a grip and start treating getting debt free as a serious matter instead of just bobbing along thinking everything will be ok.

How are we ever going to buy our house and then a farm if I cannot even save.

We won't talk about DH's debts - I have not calculated them for ages either, last time we did he owed over £23k. He is on a DMP and is paying £1pm to most debts.

I need a plan of action.....

Tomorrow will be wet and windy so it is a paperwork day.

I will be back with a plan....
  • pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    Hi EE, I feel your pain, It's a horrible feeling when the debt just isn't going down.

Good luck tackling all the paperwork, I should have a sort through mine, I have lots of bits that need filing, maybe I should also use tomorrow to sort it all out.
    Mortgage Jan 2023 9yrs 11mths £61,389 Mortgage overpayment £1867/£3600 Mortgage Jan 2022 11yrs 6mths £69.996 Mortgage overpayment £3132/£3600
  • Eager_Elephant
    Options
    Have had a paperwork day today, the weather has been wet but luckily not windy.

I have mainly been doing Committee work but this afternoon I took an hour to sort my finances.

I have done a SOA and I am truly shocked - after I have paid all my bills/expenses I could have £450pm to go to debt payments so why for the last few months (since DH got his job) have I not bothered?!?:mad:

So as the title of my thread reads - I am going to do something everyday to get this debt gone. I am going back to Payment A Day. I did it before and it really works.

I want to clear my Santander credit card as this is highest interest and lowest balance.
    I haven't thought how quickly I want to clear it but 12 weeks would be ideal and would take us to November so as a starter I have paid off £33.01:T

I will be back tomorrow with another payment - it won't be too much to start with as I don't get paid until Friday.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,331 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Good to see you :wave:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Eager_Elephant
    Options
    Hi Everyone :wave:

Have made a PAD of £5.00 today.

I've worked out that if I want to clear the Santander credit card in 12 weeks it means I need to pay £75pw to it:eek: or £10.71 per day :eek:

Well it is a challenge and I do love a challenge!!!!
  • Eager_Elephant
    Options
    Have paid another £7 to Santander credit card.

As I bank with Santander when I log in I can see all my accounts including my credit card and overnight the balance goes down - it is a great reminder of how much I am paying off.

Pay day tomorrow but have an eye test at the weekend.
    Eye test = big bill:rotfl:
  • debtfreewannabe321
    Options
    Morning EE great goal to work towards I hope you manage it. Are the aprs on your debts high? I take it you're in the same situation as we were and can't get a decent apr to move debts about? I hope you can get on top of it and get rid of that smaller one soon xx
    MAY 2024 GOALS MFW #17 EF Goal 2- £244.12/300 (EF total £1744.12)~ NSD 0/15 ~ FOOD & TOILETRIES BUDGET £133.59 / £500 ~ MOP- 0/50
    MORTGAGE BALANCE JAN 1st £99224.13 ~~~ MAY 1st £
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport