Eager Elephant's Effective Everyday Excursion ...

Options

Comments

• debtfreewannabe321
    Options
    Oh and i forgot to add about the PMT., i have just literally this last week started taking a supplement by seven seas for hormone imbalances, so no idea whether it will work. I take it with a B6 vit as my pmt is awful :(! am hoping it will work, i will let you know :) xx
    MAY 2024 GOALS MFW #17 EF Goal 2- £250.96/300 84%(EF total £1750.96 - 1 month expenses! )~ NSD 3/15 ~ FOOD & TOILETRIES BUDGET £163.36 / £500 ~ MOP- 0/50
    MORTGAGE BALANCE JAN 1st £99224.13 ~~~ MAY 1st £97,285.47
  • Eager_Elephant
    Eager_Elephant Posts: 4,714 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    smiley-hug001.gif here's a hug EE you sound like you need one xx

And I didn't realise you were so near to me with Colchester Zoo. We had passes last year but we went so many times (we are only 15 min drive at the most) that we decided not to this year. We were only going in the end to see the sun bears, the chimps & the park :rotfl:

i'm sorry things are still tough with relative smiley-hug008.gif

And as for nosey :o:o:o that's me too! I'm currently subscribed to about 70 threads :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: some are not used anymore but i still stay subscribed in case they pop back. And well the other 60 are in use and i could spend all day catching up :p I love posting on mine, i use it more like a real diary than an mse one ...and it feels great to let all that steam off on 'paper' ;)

I hope you are feeling better by the time you read this xxx

Hi DFW

Thanks for the hugs:rotfl:

According to my trusty Google Maps I am 35 minutes away from Colchester Zoo - not too far that it costs lots in petrol but far enough to feel like you have had a day out.

I am thinking of the year passes this time instead of the 2 year but a pass for DS is in debate - he is 15 and it is unlikely that he will want to come with us very often.

So I am thinking of using Tesco Clubcard vouchers for him when he does want to come.
  • Eager_Elephant
    Options
    Oh and i forgot to add about the PMT., i have just literally this last week started taking a supplement by seven seas for hormone imbalances, so no idea whether it will work. I take it with a B6 vit as my pmt is awful :(! am hoping it will work, i will let you know :) xx

Yes between us hopefully we will figure out the best way to combat PMT.

It would help if I remembered to take it :rotfl:. After reading this I quickly ran to the kitchen to take it :rotfl:

I think it can take up to a month to get in your system so fingers crossed for next month.

I have told DH that if I am still a moody mare then it is because of him and not because of my hormones :rotfl:
  • Eager_Elephant
    Options
    So the part for the truck has arrived and DH has taken it to the garage today. Goodness knows what the labour costs will be :eek:

I am so worried about paying for the bill - I have checked my account and I hardly have any money left - DD has her filing tday and I am paying privately so not sure how much it will cost - to be honest I would rather pay for her filing than DH's truck :rotfl:

DH has been paid today and unfortunately there is not really enough to pay any bills - he has a solicitors bill to pay of £150 and I think they might take him to court :eek:

There might be some more hours coming up at another scheme which would be handy and would bring him to full time hours and the same pay as his old job :T

DH does not seem to be taking his lack of money very seriously - he has borrowed a car from the garage which is a W reg and as it is a large engine it is guzzling petrol - we have spent more on the car than we did the truck. So logic should dictate that we don't use it very much but DH oftens takes it up to the field in the morning - his excuse is that if he is late up he has to drive as it is quicker so he can get to work. If he could walk somewhere he would rather drive and it makes me angry but he won't listen.

I told him to set his alarm to get up earlier but he didn't. I just feel it is so unfair, I get up about 6.15am most days and we alternate the days we do the animals or the kids so I load up the wheel barrow with bread and walk up the field - it is a matter of minutes, then I feed and water the animals and do a round trip back home calling by our other house to sort out the chicks. It takes about 35 - 45 minutes but even with DH going by car it is not much quicker as you have to pull out onto a busy road and often have to wait for a gap in traffic.

He just thinks that he can do what he likes and does not seem to care about his money - he gets a weekly text from his bank about his balance - if he has a balance he thinks he can spend it - he does not take into account the fact that he has acupuncture very week which is £40 :mad::eek::mad:

And while I am on a rant I might just shoot relative. :rotfl:

The other day I was loading the washing machine, it sits under the work top near the kettle so if you had boiled the kettle and wanted a drink but someone was near it doing something that would take 2 mins maximum would you a) wait until they were finished or b) carry on regardless - yup relative decides to start pouring the hot water into the cup just above my head :eek::mad::eek: I huffed and puffed at him and got up until he had finished.

Then this morning he had boiled the kettle for his drink and went off to empty the bin ( his job), I was cooking my breakfast and my heated soya milk was ready so I stood by the kettle sorting my coffee out, the kettle clicked off and instead of relative finishing the emptying of the bin and then pouring his water he cam and stood right next to me leaning over me to sort his cup of tea out and then said I'll leave that to brew:mad: while he put the bin out - I huffed and moved my cup out of the way but he did not seem to notice :eek::mad:
    The work top by the kettle is quite small so 1 person can comfortably make drinks but certainly not 2.

God almightly why is he such a twunk :rotfl:
  • Eager_Elephant
    Options
    Oops think I have overspent :eek:

Went to Colchester Zoo and got the yearly passes for us all which cost £165.

Have paid for DD's filling which was £65.

DH's truck is finally fixed so that was £520 which I have paid for but will get the money back from DH over the next few months. To pay for this I had to take £500 from the bill account as I had not yet moved the money around (thought truck was being picked up the next day) so need to sort that today but I just know it is going to be short :mad:

I have already told DH that there is no money for diesel this month so we have a fixed truck but no money to put diesel in
    :rotfl:. He seemed to take it ok but we will see next week when he is back at work and has to get up early to do the animals.

Then to top it all I forgot about my car tax being due - the reminder came mid month but then I totally forgot until DH noticed yesterday so have done that this morning but it won't arrive until Weds and I shouldn't drive after the 5th day which of course is today :eek:

So I should be back later having tidied things up with the bank accounts - I will come back very serene and calm :A :rotfl:
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,395 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Blimey it is all happenning in your neck of the woods EE.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Eager_Elephant
    Options
    Have moved some money around and have managed to pay £430 back to the bill account leaving £70 to pay tomorrow from the Child Benefit.

I have paid the rent which is due in 6 days but would rather get that out of the way.

The only problem now is that £255 of the money came from the childcare account and I have two bills to pay which come to £400 so need to sort this asap.

The other problem is that there is no money for food this month :eek:. I get a small amount of Tax Credits each week but that has to go to rent (on the other house), childcare, newspapers so might have a small amout left over - looks like we will be eating quite frugally then :rotfl:

I'm sure it will be fine - just pondering going to the village shop with all my change to try and get some veg for tea otherwise it is frozen peas and sweetcorn with roast lamb and roast potatos :rotfl:
  • Eager_Elephant
    edited 30 August 2012 at 6:46AM
    Options
    Not been on for ages because I have been moping about my lack of money :rotfl:

So for the whole month we managed to live with out hardly spending any money on food etc but my god it was tight.

Still did not pay the childminder and she rung a few days ago to mention it so I feigned ignorance and I feel so guilty. I have paid it this morning as DD goes to her today.

I have August bill to pay which she will give me soon and then I have decided that I will pay her each week instead as then I won't spend the money.

Why I didn't do this before I don't know.

Just need to work on the rest of the finances - DH has received a CCJ form for a solicitors bill he did not pay and we are pondering on getting it paid asap so his credit rating is fine or just offering a monthly payment as he is considering bankruptcy. (The whole saving the credit raing is a bit stupid really as he has about 7 defaults from his credit cards he can't pay but a CCJ is seen as worse than those)

I am not sure if he has the hang of his spending money yet - I have told him he can have £20 and last month he paid his bonus ball up front (my idea) but after spendng the rest he was scrounging round for £1 every week and then he told me he does a lottery line with work as well.:eek:

So this month I mentioned paying both up front and when the money has gone it's gone - hopefully he will do this as half his money was spent on a haircut at the weekend.

He has no money for diesel again this month but it does not stop him at every opportunity wanting to take the truck up to the field instead of walking - his list of excuses is beyond belief!!!

All I seem to do is moan about him and I must stop it.

I am going to sort my budgets out and then repost with my plans(at the weekend)!!

I have some school uniform to buy - not much as my children are staying at their school but just things like polo shirts etc
  • Eager_Elephant
    Options
    I haven't even made it back with my budgets etc - to be honest I have not even caught up yet :eek:.I so need to because when my eye is off the ball the money flows like a river out of my bank account.

I've come on to have a moan about DH (surprise surprise) - I am a lot calmer than I was last night.

Rememeber the baby chicken story well this is similar :rotfl:

DH works in sheltered accomodation, a lady has recently moved in and she has a spare single bed she does not want - the mattress is free but she wants money for the base.
    DH agrees to have the mattress as DS' mattress is beyond it's best.

Yesterday he texted to ask if we wanted the bed as the lady needs rid because it is taking up too much room,I reply that we don't need it (everyone's frames are fine) and we can't afford it (this is true as well as I had to scrabble around for £20 to put somepetrol in the car - DH has with me at the time). He replies we will be able to soon (by this he means he has a tax rebate coming from our last tax form we completed but what he has forgotten is that I had to borrow £400 to pay the rent on the field plus he owes me for paying for his car to be fixed and anyway I put £75 back in to the business account every month the same as he does and I don't get a rebate - ok this is because he is the one down as self employed)
    I replied that in 10 years we might :rotfl: and then I heard nothing further.

Yup you guessed it,he has rocked up home with the bed in the boot :mad::eek::mad::eek::mad::eek:.
    His reasoning is that it is sooo nice - I told him there were lots of nice things in the world but if you don't have the money you can't have them :rotfl:

I told him that this was the chicken scenario all over again where he already organised it and then tried to persuade me (but I knew because I had checked his texts) and asked him whether when he texted me had he already agreed to it or whether he did it afterwards and therefore went against my wishes - he says it was the latter!!!

Clearly I am livid and he knows - I don't know where it is going to go as we have no room, I don't know how he will pay for it (I have his bank card anyway as I look after his account so I will hide it in case he takes it out of my purse).

God I am so angry - I was so tempted to walk away last night but we had a meeting to go to plus the kitchen floor is being taken up today and I had to move everything out of the kitchen.

AARRGGHHH!!!!
  • *Robin*
    *Robin* Posts: 3,364 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Stoptober Survivor
    Options
    Hello Eager Elephant, :wave:

Just popping in to your diary after you were kind enough to comment on mine - this is the first time I've seen your name on page one - and wowee your life seems complicated at the moment - but also very wonderful, with all the animals (am a bit jealous of that part, but also worried about everything else you have to cope with!).

No, I haven't read right through - sorry not enough time for that at the moment - but just wanted to say I think you are doing amazingly; keeping your family life together, dealing with your relative and coping with your DH's annoying spending habits..

Don't worry - you'll get through the sticky bits - look around you and I'm sure you'll realise it's worth it! :grouphug:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure