How do you keep motivated in the fight against debt?

12346»

Comments

• rictus123
    rictus123 Posts: 2,560 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Name Dropper
    Theres spreadsheets online just google it.
    Work in progress...Update coming July 2012.
  • kataklysm
    kataklysm Posts: 196 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Hi all, slightly new dfw here! I spend a lot of time updating my lovely spreadsheet which tells me the future lol. Every day I check my online banking and update any new spends on the spreadsheet and see where I'm at. And then vow to never take the card out again rofl... But actually, calculating payments well in advance is a huge motivator, the difference between life now and when I'm debt free will be amazing, and we hope to start overpaying on the mortgage then too. How can you not be motivated by the promise of a debt-free, mortgage-free future! And obviously this forum helps :teehee:
  • lamarsi
    lamarsi Posts: 805 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    what keeps me motivated ( apart from the lovely peeps on here of course) is the ability to open my mail and answer the phone without breaking into a sweat, remembering what it was like just a couple of years ago with my tummi in knots consently and thinking i was going to loose my home. Nothing and i mean NOTHING is worth feeling like that again, last year i went out once (for birthday) bought one outfit and had two haircuts ...I've worked blummin hard to be this boring :)
    get rid of all the pounds by summer !!
    weight loss 3/42 lb
    Debt from 1st March:
    Was -£8900 NOW-£5000 PAID- £3900
    Get rid of the weight, pay the debt, then get myself a campavan! :T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts