How do you keep motivated in the fight against debt?

Comments

• Hi There,
    Best of luck. Also try bigwardrobe.com or I guess any other clothes selling website. I sold off all my old unwanted clothes, belts etc - try not to get pulled into swapping if you really wanna make money, although if its a tret for you and stops you shopping.... I know there are other sites like this so just google it. All th best
    Ladymac
  • Butti
    Butti Posts: 5,014 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Does anyone know the sites for selling CD's and Books. Reckon I can pull a bit more money in having a clear out

B
    Debt LBM (08/09) £11,641. DEBT FREE APRIL 2021.
    Diary 'Butti's journey : A matter of loaf or death'.
    Diary 2 'The whimsical tale of the Waterbed of Debt'
    48% off mortgage

'one day I will be rich and famous…for now I'll just have to settle for being poor and incredibly sexy'. Vimrod Member of MIKE'S :cool: MOB
  • rictus123
    rictus123 Posts: 2,560 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Name Dropper
    Well i spend alot of time online, i always do things and look at things that will motivate me.

For example, this place is heaven if your a debt free wannabe
    Work in progress...Update coming July 2012.
  • Butti wrote: »
    Does anyone know the sites for selling CD's and Books. Reckon I can pull a bit more money in having a clear out

B

Yes I have heard about this site: www.greenmetropolis.com/ where you can buy and sell second hand books, although I have not tried it yet, I will do later.

Apparently all books are bought and sold for £3.75 and they have all kinds of books on there, why not give that a look?
    Currently debt free (for 4 years) - ISA Savings now £4,050.56
    Save 12k in 2012 Challenge - £3215.17 / 3000k (Member 159)

'Wealth' - It's not what you make, but how much you keep!
    Every pound spent is gone forever, new ones have to be rearned!
  • I have just paid off over £500 off my Barcles debt - loan repayment and a refund from good old BT. I am so chuffed and updating my signature felt amazing. Doesnt it feel good to be in control of financial matters at long last. I have finally done it after lurking on these boards for such a long time!!
    Total debt at 1/9/13 £13774
    Paid off £9236 so far
    DFD November 2016 Trying to bring it forward!!

Trying to save small emergency fund of £1000.
    Also need £350 for big car service and Mot End Oct 2013.
  • I don't have a spreadsheet as am not very technical (and cutting out having a computer at home was a saving I was happy to make!:cool:) but I do have a graph with each debt done in a different colour. At first, there was a huge splash of rainbow colours, but a year on there are only 4 colours left, and the size of bar I have to colour in is getting smaller in each case.

Perhaps it's tragic, but sitting down with a cup of tea to do my calculations and colour it in the day before all my debt payments go out has become the highlight of my month!!:j
  • rictus123
    I don't have a spreadsheet as am not very technical (and cutting out having a computer at home was a saving I was happy to make!:cool:) but I do have a graph with each debt done in a different colour. At first, there was a huge splash of rainbow colours, but a year on there are only 4 colours left, and the size of bar I have to colour in is getting smaller in each case.

Perhaps it's tragic, but sitting down with a cup of tea to do my calculations and colour it in the day before all my debt payments go out has become the highlight of my month!!:j

I think its a highlight of the month aswel being able to put money into debts, hopefully in 6 months itl be the same only with putting the direct debits into savings accounts.
  • jojitsui
    jojitsui Posts: 403 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    I must admit I am finding working out how much I am saving in interest after I pay off amounts is really helping.
    Am loving my home made spreed sheet (on paper lol) as well
    I am gutted now because I can not pay off (or spend) any thing at all :(
    Make £10 a day, October 2023 - £105/£310
  • rictus123
    I had to wipe everything on my laptop to get it sorted at the start of last month, so i dont have excel i have it all marked down in the notepad on here. Plus il keep monthly updates in my thread on here, just to keep me on the straight and narrow.
  • lamarsi
    lamarsi Posts: 805 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    there's a really good spreatsheat on one of the boards that a member designed i'll go hunt it down
    get rid of all the pounds by summer !!
    weight loss 3/42 lb
    Debt from 1st March:
    Was -£8900 NOW-£5000 PAID- £3900
    Get rid of the weight, pay the debt, then get myself a campavan! :T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts