My new spending and debt busting diary!

Options
Well it's been awhile, and i'm finally back and ready for some debt busting in the new year!
But why wait till Friday to start, when i can start now!
Planning on putting all my daily spending and any payments towards my debts in here. So it's a bit of a spending and a debt busting diary!

So today i spent:
£1.15 - bus fare to work
97p - bottle of coke on my break
£4.78 - fags

Was planning on getting a taxi home, as i didn't finish till half 8, and i fell 3 times just getting to work today! But i managed to get a lift home off someone i work with :) So saved myself £3.

Not planning on going out tomorrow, was going to try and get some uni work done, but i might have to go with my friend to the dental hospital, she is having real problems with her wisdom teeth coming through and is terrified of dentists! So that will be £3.50 on bus fare if i do.

Still waiting on my SAAS travel expenses coming through, it's been two weeks now since i applied and still nothing. I'm sure last year it only took a week. I should be getting £540, and i owe my mum £240 out of that. So i'm left with £300. I don't want to use all of it towards my debt as i want to keep a bit for myself. I havent decided how much exactly to keep, but i am definatly paying off my New Look card once and for all!

Comments

• littlepinkstars44
    Options
    Pay day today, got paid a day early :)

So have paid:
    £20 to old O2 bill
    £20 to Very
    £10 to New Look card
    £10 to Topshop card
    £10 to Dorothy Perkins Card
  • Swinstie73
    Swinstie73 Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    Options
    Hi LPS,

Every littles helps as they say! I was paid on 18th Dec and everytime I check my bank I think I'm rich, wish the DD's would come off already!

Try not to fall over on Hogmanay ;)
  • littlepinkstars44
    Options
    I don't have any DD's set up, so i just phone up and pay things when i get paid :)It works out better for me!

anyhoo have £7 in my wee £365 challenge tin so far, and some change in my other one, and my copper one is almost full now! Feeling good about 2010!

Too bad i can't seem to start any uni work though, all of it due in a week, and not started anything yet!
  • rictus123
    rictus123 Posts: 2,560 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Good luck, seems like a very postive place to be right now, 2010 will be the year for alot of people.
    Work in progress...Update coming July 2012.
  • littlepinkstars44
    Options
    closed wrote: »
    Putting money into a challenge tin and saving coppers is just making your debt worse, you should use it to pay off high apr debts, ditto random payments to storecards, snowballing is paying off minimums on all debts apart from the highest apr.

I can't afford to pay anything more than min payments, so any change i have in my purse (ie 20p) goes into a tin, and when it builds up that will be my overpayments.
  • littlepinkstars44
    Options
    closed wrote: »
    You have £7 in a challenge tin, and are planning to add to that throughout the year, instead of putting it into a tin, pay off debt.
    I would rather wait till it build up to something more significant, like £40 to pay towards a debt rather than just £7
  • littlepinkstars44
    Options
    Like i said the catalogues are intrest free till Feb 2011
  • littlepinkstars44
    Options
    Well i cant exactly pay £2 to anything when it is in my purse, i need to phone up and pay with my card. So like i said i would rather wait until it builds up to something more signifigant, then i can put it in the bank and pay it.

Anyways, HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!
    I've had a great couple of days, went out on hogmany with friends, first time ive ever been out for new year as well!
    Had all the family round for dinner yesterday, as well as my best friend, so that was nice.

Going to make a start on my report today, due in on the 7th! lol!
  • Flower08
    Flower08 Posts: 4,771 Forumite
    Options
    Hi - i followed your previous diary. Its good to see you back on the wagon of debt busting. Really do wish you luck, just remember people are here to give you advice! I hope you can get rid of your debt once and for all this year x
    Biggest Loser Weight Loss: 13 / 20 lb
  • Intergalactic_Floozie
    Options
    Well i cant exactly pay £2 to anything when it is in my purse, i need to phone up and pay with my card. So like i said i would rather wait until it builds up to something more signifigant, then i can put it in the bank and pay it.

QUOTE]

I can see where the other poster is coming from, but it's not like your savings are going to be that significant is it? I've got debts and I have joined this 365 challenge, I'm using mine to save towards next Christmas, otherwise where is the money going to come from? It's going to be a weight off my mind next December. So - I see your point of view too.
    Start Date: 27/11/2010
    Padding: Day 42
    Target £8000
    Amount: £562.23
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business