PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

January 2010 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• CherryPie
    CherryPie Posts: 429 Forumite
    Options
    Declaring for Jan £103.98 / £125 :j

I stopped adding my receipts up half way through the month and just pinned them to the notice board in the kitchen. Thought I'd gone way over!!

Will do better next month at keeping tally, but this is the first time I've managed to come under, so I'm well chuffed! Lowered my total for next month too.
    My name is CherryPie and I'm addicted to grocery shopping!!

Grocery Challenge

Feb 2016 - £46.73 / £100.00
  • angelatgraceland
    Options
    Declaring January spends as £472.13 which included £61 for petrol,£32 clothes plus toiletries,medicines and pocket money for dd. Feb being a shorter month should be easier. Decided to have a NSD today even tho we need bread milk and eggs-I shall do a shop tomorrow with my brand new budget!
    Just making some bread in the breadmaker, mixing up some dried milk and have gone into the depths of the freezer for some homegrown cabbage for our tea. Peeled some spuds including a sweet potoato which Ive had for weeks-they do seem to keep well the sweet potatoes. I have some pies and some chops so I will probably use those up for tea and people can take their pick. I made a nice suet pudding the other night-so long since I did that. Id forgotten the recipe so I measure out:
    4 oz plain flour
    2tsps baking pwder
    2 oz suet
    2 desertspoons sugar
    a handfull of raisins and some
    golden syrupin the bottom of my old Xmas pud bowl(I keep those when Ive bought them)
    I put it together with one egg and some milk to a slightly sloppy mix and zapped it in the micro on full for approx 5 mins.
    Served it up with some custard made in a hurry from a packet(just the value stuff) and it was a lovely treat.
    sometimes the best things I do are thrown together at the last moment.
    Im just soaking half a packet of chickpeas now for tomorrow-it will either be curry or bolgnese veggy version with those. Ive found a lovely recipe for veggy bolognese where you use chickpeas(or soya or quorn) and add some spinach to it-really sur[risingly nice. Im also adding a stick of celery to everything lately and nobody notices!
    Annual Grocery budget 2018 is £1500 pa £125 calendar month £28.84 pw for 3 adults
  • saffouri
    saffouri Posts: 82 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all!

Haven't been reading posts much, but still finding this a useful place to keep me motivated to keep track of spending. Just got back from a last run to the supermarket to spend what I thought was the £5.76 exactly remaining of our January target, only to find out that I was out by 1p so have an overspend rather than an exact hit - shocking! :wink:

So grand total for January - £170.01. This includes all groceries, alcohol, cleaning/kitchen stuff, toiletries for DH and me - but we're about to try something different and a bit more ambitious for Feb. Going off to find that thread now....

saf
    March GC: £147.75/£180 groceries + £36.75/£50 meals out

February: £163.19/£180 + £66.14/£50 monthly budget for eating out Total £229.33/£230 :j
    January:
    £170.01/£170
  • katenut
    katenut Posts: 530 Forumite
    Options
    I'd like to declare at £123.34/£200 please - not as good as it looks as the freezer was packed after christmas, and now seems to be full of reduced bread instead!!
    Heading over to the new thread now, Feb is gonna be trickier as the cupboards are looking a bit bare. Well done everyone!
    Trying to jump back onto the moneysaving wagon .... :cool:
  • leed
    leed Posts: 184 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I lost my way somewhat during the early part of the month! Don't know how much I ended up spending. However next month is just about to start so I shall try again in Feb to keep a tally of my food spend.
  • pammyj74
    pammyj74 Posts: 3,290 Forumite
    Options
    Would you like to declare £118.01 :j so on target this month yay

also was on target for NSDs too and OP'd quite a bit on my mortgage so a really really good start to the year for me :D
    MPs left feb '08 276- Dec 13 36 :T MB Jan 10 ~ £82,377 Dec 13 ~ £29987
    EMFD was Feb 32 :eek: NOW Dec 2013 its Dec 2016
    MF new target Dec 16 REACHED!! :j
  • coffeeholic_2
    Options
    Unplanned last minute spend for Jan - another £5.06 still making me under budget though which I am pleased with making my total for Jan £195.71.

See you all on the Feb thread.
    :)
    All the coffee in Columbia won't make me a morning person... :D:p
    Virtual Sealed Pot Challenge Member #5 - £128.19
    NSDs - April 9/18
    Grocery Challenge - April £22.94/£160
    6 months to slim into clothes challenge - started March 2010
  • BigMummaF
    BigMummaF Posts: 4,281 Forumite
    Options
    My target was £217 & I've just added up I've spent £250:95 in January.
    I'm not too concerned just yet as I'm running it along an annual target & can probably do better in coming months--I'd BETTER anyway :eek: In that extra £33:95 is £10:47 for six cards of good batteries, four lots of long-life milk & various bits for me muvva so really not as bad as it first seems.
    Full time Carer for Mum; harassed mother of three;
    loving & loved by two 4-legged babies.

• suzybloo
    suzybloo Posts: 1,104 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 31 January 2010 at 9:07PM
    Options
    Helloo folks, not had time to be on much this past while but was still keeping an eye on my budgets, I would like to declare £291 so slightly overfor groceries and £32.80 for cleaning products so a total of £323.80 out of £310. February should be not too bad so will pop over there and aim for the same again for next month. Well done to everyone who stayed within limits and good luck to those who went over.
    Every days a School day!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I'm declaring at £199.66 out of £200 so I'm just under. Going for £200 again for February so I'll see you in the next thread!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure