PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

January 2010 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• philsmum
    philsmum Posts: 150 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi everyone.

A big welcome back to Mrs. Mac. you were missed:jHope you soon get back to your normal self.
    Could anyone tell me the Aldi super 6 this week.
    Thanks Pat.
    Debt free from April 2012:T:T:T:T:j:j:j:j
  • TheBees
    TheBees Posts: 601 Forumite
    Options
    JayJay14 wrote: »
    Then we went to waitrose to wander among the affluent:rotfl:

That made me chuckle JayJay because that's where I've been working for the past 3 months! :rotfl:

We have £17 of our budget to last until the 31st! Will need milk, potatoes and tea bags! :D

NSD as cleared the attic and have 9 boxes of stuff for a jumble sale on Saturday!
    Mortgage Free in 3 part 2 challenge - pay off £9000
    Sealed Pot Challenge 416 - target £500
  • Rachel021967
    Options
    Spent £1.01 on peppermint tea at Tesco Express. Off to update signature.
  • franby64
    franby64 Posts: 944 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Spent just over £20 yesterday half of which was pizza and gammon - didn't seem to get much for the other half - coke, noodles, yoghurt and a few onions.
    Today I only need reduced fat cheese and chips so should be under a £5. I won't even look at anything else - straight in the shop and out again, that's the plan anyway!

Hope all goes well greent.
    August Shopping Challenge. 26/8. Budget £250 Spent £256.81.. £6.81 over. So £0.00 a day left.
  • beemuzed
    beemuzed Posts: 2,188 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Slowand steady - your post re left-over pork was very timely - I was just wondering what to do with the left-overs as the laptop powered up...and there was your post with some suggestions! I usually do a minced pork with peppers and a tomato sauce served over spaghetti, but i fancied something different today!
    So far am within my (admittedly very generous) budget, so am hoping it stays that way this week. have done loads of entertaining this month - hence the generous allocation, but am still pleased with myself!
    £200 spent from £350.
    Resolution:
    Think twice before spending anything!
  • RuthG
    RuthG Posts: 315 Forumite
    Options
    philsmum wrote: »

Could anyone tell me the Aldi super 6 this week.

Thanks Pat.

6 pack tomatoes 39p
    3 pack mild onions 39p
    6 pack green apples 59p
    Celery 29p
    Honeydew melon 69p
    sweet potatoes (600gm pack) 39p

Ruth
    Sealed pot challenge no 889: £143.96 saved :j
    DayDream fund: £931.82 :j
    GC JAN£62.58/£200;Feb £100.39/£200
    NSD Jan 18/30; Feb 20/27
    Ideal weight:aim 8st7lbs; weigh in Mondays: started Jan 2010; so far: 3lbs/23lbs :(
  • poppy-glos
    Options
    tray of 30 eggs direct from local free range site, £3.25, signature updated.
    nov grocery challenge, £.227.69/300, 9/25 nsd: , 7 Cmo, 10 egm.
    Me, 10 yo dd, and the dog. all food and drinks, in and out, plus household shopping.
  • annieb30
    Options
    Have finally added my last bits of spending to my signature and am over budget!! Eek

This is only my first month of doing it tho and should def not have to spend any more money till my "month" ends on Friday.

Have definitely spent less than I would normally do tho by doing this.

Can you tell I'm trying to make myself feel better????????

:-)
    Weekly Spend Challenge: £13.83/£25
    Total Debt: was £6448 (2/8/10) now £6056 :)
  • skaps
    skaps Posts: 2,255 Forumite
    Options
    Went on a big shop yesterday even though its January, most of the food will be for next month anyway - just did not fancy going shopping next weekend as im busy with wedding things and wanted to save on petrol. So if its not cheating can i just add whatever has been eaten this week to my January budget?
    MFW 2016 No 68 £1300/£8500 No new toiletries Cook sth different
  • cuffey
    cuffey Posts: 122 Forumite
    Options
    Well I'm finally posting after having lurked a long while. I've found this thread exceptionally inspiring, and it has kept me focussed for nearly a month.

I have recorded all my grocery spends from 1st January and I'm up to £94.09 which is for 2 of us and the occasional visit home from DD. Bearing in mind I set a generous budget of £250 I am likely to come in under this month! I'm pretty sure that I was spending upwards of £500 a month on groceries. Sickened to think of the money and food we wasted.

Anyhoo - I'd like to join properly please and set my FEBRUARY BUDGET for £250 if this is right way to do it?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure