The use it or lose it challenge - please join in

Comments

• LOL i went in the bath last night and i measured my bubble bath out in the lid of it, i put in two. i was amazed, I still had a o lovely bubbly bath as if id poured half a bottle in (as i would usualy do) :j

Bl;);)x
    Thankyou to all who have the good heart to help me.
    Current weight 14-0 lossed 10lb Looking to save £s and shed lbs
    Christmas 2010 £14 (£2 coins) Savings £12 Emergency Fund £10. Even if you are the right track, you will get ran over if you stand still

• Has anybody else been reading these posts and thinking they actually like the sound of whats being sold (shame you cant add pictures on here haha) ...... no wonder I'm in this mess:p

I had a look round the house yesterday and photographed loads of stuff I've been promising to Ebay for months. I even found the Tomy baby carrier that I had for my little girl (she's almsot five now!!!!) and I bet I've got loads more hoarded stuff like that.

So I am going to join you guys and sell sell sell, and declutter the house at the ame time. 2010 and we are turning a new leaf.

:T :j
  • Toshvaldo, how about salmon fishcakes? I don't know what goes into them but the thought just popped into my head reading your post
    DEBT: £3585.91/£76843
    Pay ALL your debt off by Xmas 2018 #033 £635.78/£2435.78
    EMERGENCY FUND: £1000/£1000
    Our greatest weakness lies in giving up; always try just one more time
  • svb53
    svb53 Posts: 214 Forumite
    morning all, how's everone today? I'm listing some more books on Amazon, and just about to iron some clothes to take pictures of them to list on ebay. And also just done the deeply disturbing thing of looking properly at bills for the first time since my LBM, checking the interest rates, and firmly deciding not to buy any more junk that I don't need.
    Have a fantastic day everyone. If I don't manage to get back on here later, a very Happy New Year to you all. Thanks for making me feel welcome on the boards, and also for joining in in this challenge.

SVB X
    LBM 27/12/14.
    January Ebay and Amazon aim: £500. £22/£500 January weight loss aim 10lb. 0/10.
    1 debt vs 100 days challenge £22/£500 by 7th April.
    Nsd January aim 20. PAD starting 29/12/14 £2
  • Well im getting there slowly :o

I've read one book and passed it onto my Mum, so thats 1 book down only about a hundred to go :rolleyes:

I'm out tonight for New Year so im going to have a pamper afternoon and get some use out of all my smellies :j

As i work shifts i find it difficult to Ebay as i cant always get to the post office, so i need to work out when the best time to do the listing is. Having said that, i have sorted out a bag of stuff to Ebay including all my ski clothes which i wont use again. So its a start :rotfl:

I hope everyone enjoys their New Year's Eve whether you are going out or staying in! :D
    Saving my pennies for my wedding on 10th August 2013! :D :j
    First date 28/01/2010 :) Engaged 25/08/2011 :D Getting married 10/08/2013 :j
  • Oh I thought of another thing I'm going to use up before I buy any more- photograph albums! I'm obsessed with having pretty things to put my photos in, but I've got three entirely empty ones waiting to be used and two with space in for photos!
    DEBT: £3585.91/£76843
    Pay ALL your debt off by Xmas 2018 #033 £635.78/£2435.78
    EMERGENCY FUND: £1000/£1000
    Our greatest weakness lies in giving up; always try just one more time
  • What a great thread! I'd like to join too, if I may.

I'm up to my ears in stuff, and I'm packing to move, so it's important that I get rid of stuff, one way and another.

My biggest problem seems to be unused claening products!

Books are another, I am a gold medal bookworm!

Cheers, HG
  • A lot of us appear to be big readers, we should maybee readandawap between us ?

Have a brilliant night all.

Bloo x
    Thankyou to all who have the good heart to help me.
    Current weight 14-0 lossed 10lb Looking to save £s and shed lbs
    Christmas 2010 £14 (£2 coins) Savings £12 Emergency Fund £10. Even if you are the right track, you will get ran over if you stand still

• clairewop
    clairewop Posts: 8,007 Forumite
    Can i join too???

My wardrobe and the boys wardrobes are bursting to the seams

Plus i'm a magpie when i comes to beads so i've got tons!! this year i'm going to reuse the beads from peices that didn't sell last year before i buy more although i do need new jewellery busts as mine have fallen apart

for thosejewellery makers amoungst us we could had a bead swap thread?
    Boiler pot £30.92/£1000
  • jojitsui
    jojitsui Posts: 403 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Hiya count me in as well please.
    I had written a massive reply but it keeps crashing so will keep it short and sweet (for now) and fingers crossed it will let me post!!
    Make £10 a day, October 2023 - £105/£310
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport