The use it or lose it challenge - please join in

Options

Comments

• katenut
    katenut Posts: 530 Forumite
    Options
    I'm a newbie too and i'd like to join please - got loads of stuff i need to use up, and loads of stuff i could sell. To be honest the amount of time i've spent on here the last few days i could have listed the entire contents of my house on ebay - will start tomorrow honest! :j xx
    Trying to jump back onto the moneysaving wagon .... :cool:
  • crawley_girl
    Options
    Me too - no toiletries or cleaning products until all current suppiles are somewhat depleated!!!!
    Ever wonder about those people who spend £2 apiece on those little bottles of Evian water? Try spelling Evian backward.
  • toshvaldo
    Options
    I'd love to join too, if that's ok?
    I have to say that I was most disappointed that I DIDN'T get loads of smellies for christmas, I love the challenge of using them all up over the year. However, I must admit that I still have a load, so it will be good to see if I can ACTUALLY do this.

I am also a real hoarder when it comes to cleaning stuff. I don't clean much but just love buying the stuff and having it in my cupboard for some reason. Took years of self-therapy to realise that it doesn't actually work like that, and that I have to clean with the stuff, it doesn't work by osmosis (real shame that though).

I have a wardrobe full of clothes, none of which fit, so all that exercise I get cleaning should help me to not buy anymore clothes too!!!

Good Luck everyone. I'm looking forward to this. x
  • jojitsui
    jojitsui Posts: 403 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Count me in please. This thread should help me loads!!

I promise to use all my make up and other beauty products BEFORE i buy anymore even if some sexy celeb thinks i'm worth it. I have more than enuff to last me until next xmas!

I also promise to Ebay all the old dresses I no longer can squeeze my fat !!!! into and anything I have not worn for over 6 months. I will also not buy any more books, cds or dvds until I have read/watched listened to ALL of the ones owned by family and friends andf the library!

Plus i vow (oh god this is going to be the hardest) to sell all my craft items and not buy any more until I am debt free :(

Good luck all x
    Make £10 a day, October 2023 - £105/£310
  • svb53
    svb53 Posts: 214 Forumite
    Options
    Welcome to everyone else who's joined, great to see so many people wanting the same thing. I'm not on here much at the moment due to work, but I'm off Thursday, so will sort out a post as to who's not buying what.
    To anyone else who wants to join, welcome and come aboard.

SVB X
    LBM 27/12/14.
    January Ebay and Amazon aim: £500. £22/£500 January weight loss aim 10lb. 0/10.
    1 debt vs 100 days challenge £22/£500 by 7th April.
    Nsd January aim 20. PAD starting 29/12/14 £2
  • MS_Dolphin
    Options
    Great idea.

I'm already doing the 'use up the toiletries' bit and haven't bought any for THREE MONTHS (and no, personal hygiene is not suffering).

We've even shamelessly given as a Christmas present a really nice toiletries set that has been unopened since last Christmas (sorry Mum).

I've got a loft full of junk; every bedroom bursting at the seams and two sheds full of stuff that is doing nothing useful, we may as well have pallets of bricks stood around the place. One of my key aims for next year is to get rid of all this and hopefully make a bit of money at the same time.
    แล้วไงต่อ
  • chicagrande
    Options
    I'll join too - I pledge not to buy ANYTHING I don't NEED this year!
    Sealed Pot Challenge Member 856
    2010 Crazy Clothes Challenge £0/£100
    e-Bay Challenge £0/£250
  • bloojeans
    Options
    Hiya count me in too, what a fab idea. I used to use readitswapit. It realy is a fab way to get rid of your read books and get the ones you want t cheap but this means my pile of books never went down ! I too have, lots of books (working nights i read a lot) lotions and potions and clothes unused.

This is just a thought, i dont know how we would go about it or if it would work. Could we possibly post on here if we are wanting rid of (decent or unused) stuff or selling and maybe give each other first refusal ??? Just a thought !

P.s. I know it would mean giving addresses but i do not have a problem with that, if addresses are given privtley). But i do fully understand if no one else wants to. Even if the post money is only refunded.

Bl;);)x
    Thankyou to all who have the good heart to help me.
    Current weight 14-0 lossed 10lb Looking to save £s and shed lbs
    Christmas 2010 £14 (£2 coins) Savings £12 Emergency Fund £10. Even if you are the right track, you will get ran over if you stand still

• bloojeans
    Options
    I'll join too - I pledge not to buy ANYTHING I don't NEED this year!

Well said, thats going to me too

Bloo x
    Thankyou to all who have the good heart to help me.
    Current weight 14-0 lossed 10lb Looking to save £s and shed lbs
    Christmas 2010 £14 (£2 coins) Savings £12 Emergency Fund £10. Even if you are the right track, you will get ran over if you stand still

• LexieLou
    LexieLou Posts: 714 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well I've started raiding the wardrobes and have found more than I bargained for. Off to take photos and list endless amounts of items on ebay.

Also decided that my slimming world money each week is going into my piggybank. £4.50 per wk...should add up nicely
    £38,000 and change to £0
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport