We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

The use it or lose it challenge - please join in

Options

Comments

• rubiesr4eva
    Options
    Hi dina, yes it wouldn't accept debit card!! thank you though!!
    Loving life to the full, just need purse full too :)

2015 GC £561.86 / £3710 Mar GC 0.00 / 280.00
    Feb NSD - 8 Mar NSD - 1
    50p Challenge 2015 - £62.50
  • scubaangel
    scubaangel Posts: 6,600 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Came home from an awful day at work to find a book has sold via greenmet which has made me smile, and I've also got another three Peroni Coasters, the boxes are neatly packed in my 'new house' packing case for when I finally move out of my Dad's house and some old manky coasters have found their way in to the bin (they're board/cork style ones and don;t seem to like life in the garage).
    It’s not worth doing something unless someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren’t doing it.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5135113
  • rubiesr4eva
    Options
    Morning dears!

Well failed at putting 10 items on ebay yeaterday, but did totally de-clutter and clean kitchen top to bottom so not grumbling!!

Put load of recipe books that i don't use (daughter only saved one) in charity pile, apart from two cocktail recipe books which are going to local pub where i work, asked landlord and he was really pleased, so will take them tonight when i go!

Just catching up on threads now, then going to put some more items on ebay and work towards getting spare room empty!!

Feb NSD - 8 Mar NSD - 1
  • Snow_White_5
    Options
    Lots of us are doing really well! This week I finished 2 packs of facial wipes, a toothpaste and a bottle of hip and thigh slimming gel (didn't work :o). Gymming it today as well :j.
  • carlos*the*mackem
    Options
    Hello everyone,

I'd like to join too please; we started on a New Year clearout (took a fair bit to charity already). Going to try and sell decent stuff via ebay, local ads, etc. Proceeds will go towards family holiday fund.

Stuff marked for sale include a Mamas & Papas pram, 10 year old Ben Sherman leather jacket that has NEVER been worn (still with tags and delivery note) :rotfl: , treadmill (why is there always gym equipment to get rid of?), gas BBQ, music keyboard, junior golf clubs, child's bike (now outgrown), DVD player & hard drive recorder, Sony hi-fi system, and LOTS of books.

Not sure what to do with the books; tried selling them before on GreenMet, but without success?

TBH there's loads more; don't even get me started on what's lurking in the shed :o, so this year we're going to sort it. No more buying stuff we don't need / won't use, and if it's no longer needed (outgrown), sell it! Cut the clutter, and make some cash out of it!

I've been really inspired by everyone here, so let's get on with it!
    This space for rent ;)

Ignorance is not an excuse. How about utter stupidity?
  • carlos*the*mackem
    Options
    I think my wife and kids have been inspired too by the idea of 'use it or lose it' (would you believe we talked about this before this thread appeared); the bathroom now resembles a Boots / Body Shop display! :)

All the stuff they've had recently for pressies from their friends is now on the shelves to be used up; don't think we'll need bubble bath until the kids leave home :rotfl:
    This space for rent ;)

• carlos*the*mackem
    Options
    Hi Tracieann,

Carlos will be just fine :). Actually my real name's Carl, but friends call me Carlos (not that I'm exotic looking, I'm Durham born and bred :rotfl:). I used to get 'Carlos the Jackal', so 'Carlos the Mackem' seemed like a good user name ;).

Used to be a die-hard Sunderland fan and season ticket holder, but not that bothered about footie now TBH; too expensive really, especially when the kids came along, so gave it up to spend time with them. Much better!
    This space for rent ;)

• rubiesr4eva
    Options
    Hi, emptied two junk drawers in dining room today, one was mine and one was boys! Youngest asked if we could sort out the cupboard next, which is full of their books and games, so that'll be tomorrows job, probably after school, normally ironing first thing!! lol

I will get more items on ebay tomorrow, i will, i will, I WILL!

Feb NSD - 8 Mar NSD - 1
  • madmich666
    Options
    Hi all,

After being away visiting family and friends I seemed to get another few pressies for my birthday and guess what.... they are smellies sets. When sorting stuff out to go away I realised I didn't have as much as what I thought so am going to keep them.

Also used up shampoo and moisturiser (it ran out half way through putting it on so I had to use another one which will also be used up in the next day or so). I was loving the fact that when an item was used and in the bin it cleared a bit of space in the bathroom but now I've added the new bits there is even less room!!!! I think I will have to bath or shower about 4 times a day for the next year to use it all up.
    DFW Nerd No: 758 :cool: Proud to be dealing with my debts!:T Proud mum to Bon-Scott my amazing 10/10/10 baby :p
  • Welshdebtor
    Options
    been selling off my old stuff, it all helps :)
    Here to learn and pass on my experiences.
    Had a total of £8200 of debt written off due to harassment during 2010 and 2012.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport