🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Free NHS smoking quit pack... Order online

Options

Comments

• sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,960 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi

You may find it easier searching the url aswell as the title as this usually brings up duplicates better.

This has been posted and merged a few times already:

OP here http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2166187&highlight=http+smokefree+nhs+uk+quit+tools+kit

Merge request sent
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • crazyterrier2000
    Options
    Available on 1st January in England only

Now with a week's free trial of NRT patches!
    The Quit Kit is packed with tools and advice to help you quit smoking and will be available at participating pharmacies from Jan 1st.

http://smokefree.nhs.uk/
    No longer posting on freebies or comps
  • princessmelody2009
    Options
    Saetana wrote: »
    Great post - my husband saw the pack offered on TV but didn't get a pen quick enough to write down the number. We HAVE to give up this year, he's already had a heart attack from smoking, cutting down is not working and number of fags is creeping up again.

Good luck to everyone else who is trying to give up for the New Year.

Have you tried Alan Carr's EasyWay book? I quit 20+ a day 31st Oct 2009 and have never even had a sniff of a craving since! :T

Sorry trailing off subject a bit... :A
    May: Make £5 a day £115.38 / £155
    5p Jersey Money :rotfl: Roadkill: 4p :rotfl: eBay: £15.46 PayPal :D FB Sales: £27 :D TCB £13.18 AGC :D TMF £3.65 :D Geolotto £5 :D Podengo £40 :D SB £10 AGC :D Instagc £1 AGC :D
  • autumngirl
    autumngirl Posts: 1,599 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Now live!

None of my local pharmacies are participating in this scheme so I've filled in the form to request one to be sent to me instead :)
  • saryoung
    saryoung Posts: 14 Forumite
    edited 11 January 2011 at 1:09PM
    Options
    Hubby went into local chemist to collect on the 4th Jan, 1st day open since new year, assistant did not know any thing about them then went and asked chemist. Then had to sit down for discussion with hubby, as he hates any thing like this just wanted to leave but made him stay!! Got the pack home to find out you have to send off for the patches - why interview you then.Pack contains a tangle thing to fiddle with, some details of downloads, very childish stickers, some nasty photos, and details of how much you spend but did not take into account of the vat rise but that is easy enough to work out. An ok pack for free, but why do you have to wait for the patches, I also tried to enter his details online, but would not let me add my address so had to text in. Waiting to see how long it takes to arrive, good tool but should have come out just before 1st Jan, as I am sure most people decide they want to give up for the New year and sending off for the info and patches and the ensuing wait could be enough to make you want to smoke again.
    One week later and still waiting for the patches!!!!
  • basak19
    basak19 Posts: 316 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    ill have to see if any pharmacies near me have any thanks
  • autumngirl
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    saryoung wrote: »
    Hubby went into local chemist to collect on the 4th Jan... had to sit down for discussion with hubby, as he hates any thing like this just wanted to leave but made him stay!! Got the pack home to find out you have to send off for the patches

I'm glad I applied online - don't fancy a consultation, no matter how quick! Hopefully the postal kit already includes the patches.
  • autumngirl
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    My kit arrived in today's post.

It didn't actually contain the nicotine patches advertised - you just get a unique code which enables you to apply for them separately. So I've just requested those and now have to wait again for those to turn up by post! No idea why they couldn't just supply it all together!?! Seems silly but still glad for the freebie.
  • sarah*a
    sarah*a Posts: 2,778 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I got one of these last Jan and did use the stickers, tangle thing etc and it did sort of help (I like stickers :o)

So we ordered one for OH and have just received a letter saying he's not going to get one as 'someone in our household has already had one'.

So apparently I am to unstick all my stickers and give him my tangly thingy and :eek: let him use my toothbrush (which, btw, was chucked out months ago!)

It's a nice idea but there should be one for everyone who wants to quit otherwise what is the point?
  • autumngirl
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    sarah*a wrote: »
    I got one of these last Jan and did use the stickers, tangle thing etc and it did sort of help (I like stickers :o)

So we ordered one for OH and have just received a letter saying he's not going to get one as 'someone in our household has already had one'.

That's stupid! I can understand them wanting to prevent abuse of the offer but I'm sure they could've got around it another way...maybe by quoting NHS no or something?

Good luck to your OH - hope he still manages to quit anyway, even without the help of the rainbow stickers! ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport