*NEW* Thrifty Gifty - Money Making for Christmas & Occasions 2010

Options

Comments

• elysia2003
    elysia2003 Posts: 5,155 Forumite
    edited 4 December 2010 at 5:37PM
    Options
    Have you tried bingoport scatty? You play free bingo and post on the forum 10 times a day. They give you points for doing this and when you have so many points you can redeem them for a £5 Amazon voucher.

Ask one of the other ladies on here if they'll refer you, then they might get a bit of a bonus. I know Susan is on there, but I don't know of anyone else. I do it too, but I'd rather one of the others get the bonus. Volunteers anyone???

What you have to do is play bingo for 2,000 worth of points per week that's it. You can earn 1,000 points per day by posting 10 times per day on the forum - it's not chatty like this one, it's very boring - most of the time you just say I hope you win sort of thing. There has to be over 10 words to count though. When you get 10,000 points which can be every week if you also win the bingo games, you can redeem for Amazon or points for cash sites.

Most of the time I redeemed for AMazon but some people on here know that I used to redeem for the cash sites (so it was free to play) and I twice won £1,000 and once won £1,500. Once was from free scratchcards and they've stopped doing them now (different site). So you have to weigh up the pro's and cons. Instant money in your amazon account or the chance that you might lose your money. So BE CAREFUL - if you can't afford to lose it - don't do this!!!

I haven't been on there for ages though.

I Hope this helps scatty and anyone else - If I think of anything else I'll post it.
    I :heartpuls M.S.E.
    :DMortgage Free 18/01/10 13 years and 8 months early on a 20 year mortgage! :D
  • bunbun2
    bunbun2 Posts: 3,540 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I received a reply from toluna to say they have reissued my voucher and here is the code. yipee I think and go to put it in my amazon account before I lose or delete it. however...it has already been used. I am sure I requested 2 amazon vouchers from toluna and only received 1 so I give up! will try and get past the fact I have lost £15 and what I could have bought with it and move on:D
    saving for ds2's summer international scout camp - £200
    £60 deposit paid :j £100 paid:j £40 paid:j
  • elysia2003
    Options
    That's it Bunbun. It's almost a new year, so draw a line under it and start afresh.

Is everyone all set for some money making????
  • rufusdog52
    rufusdog52 Posts: 3,972 Forumite
    Options
    I am all set, need to get back into Dooyoo after Christmas, and Toluna seems to be going alright so far. Will get back into the Daily Clicks as well although dont seem to get much from them these days. Bingoport out of the question as banned lol.

I just added up all the vouchers etc that I had for this year and cant believe the total, £896!!
  • mum2one
    mum2one Posts: 16,279 Forumite
    Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Def ready for the new year and all this money making........ had a nice surprise on Boots card, got £80 of points. Ready for Jan sales xx
    xx rip dad... we had our ups and downs but we’re always be family xx
  • elysia2003
    Options
    I was thinking of adding up what I'd earnt this year but as I lost my spreadsheet didn't know who easy it would be. Most of the sites I satrted when I joined in January here, so it should be simple. I'll have a look in a moment.
  • Legendmum
    Legendmum Posts: 2,833 Forumite
    Options
    Oh Guys will I be able to join the new thread when its up and running? I currently do Pinecone Research, Hi Panel, Toluna and have recently joined My Survey. Would love some advice on the best sites etc!
    :xmassmile**New** Thrifty Gifty Money Making for Christmas and all occasions 2012**:xmassmile
    Member No. 11 of Happy Chappy's Clip Strip Club! ;):dance:
  • elysia2003
    edited 11 December 2010 at 11:16AM
    Options
    Long post alert!
    elysia2003 wrote: »
    Right, I've just had a look.

To start for next year I already have:

£10 in Quanti
    £10 in Quidco (plus £60 waiting to be received)
    £30 in Special Bank account just for Christmas pressies
    £20 in Topcashback
    £10 in Newvista Surveys.
    £5 in Boots points
    £10 in Nectar points

(Tesco points we use as deals for day trips so these won't count!)

So not a bad start - if only I can keep it up. :o)

This was my second ever post on this thread (post 59). The first was to introduce myself (post 58).

Here's my totals for the year.

Quanti - I gave up as a bad job, so didn't earn anymore there so just £10. Nil for this year.

Quidco - I've just totted up what I've actually received this year and it is £497.58. I still have £126.30 tracked.

Bank account (where I put all my online earnings) only has £4.00 in it because I cleared it. There was £104 left from buying pressies but I gave DD1 £100 for passing her driving test.

Topcashback - I only use this if their deal is better than quidco's so I've only earnt £40.33 this year.

New Vista - I had £10 - I'm up to £48 now (oh so close to payout) :j

Boots points - I had £5, now I have £100.47 :D

Valued Opinions - I have redeemed £60 and £7.45 to clear.

Toluna - £60 vouchers received

Onepoll - I'm at £26.90

Danone - There is no way of checking but I'm sure I've received £40

Dooyoo - Website won't let me sign in but I think I've earnt £85 (have £7 odd ready for next batch of reviews)

Bingoport - Can't check but can't have earnt more than £20

One survey I did, paid me automatically - It didn't go on my Valued Opinions account and that was worth £66 :D

Edited to add: I forgot Nectar points: I just redeemed for Amazon vouchers, I had £20. (only use it for petrol when we're passing).

All in all - That's a total of........................................ £992.38.
    plus bingo winnings. (that's without what hasn't cleared as I'll add that into next years balance.

Didn't use all my Tesco vouchers for day trips etc this year, (we've done all the local ones and OH doesn't like to drive too far), so I use them to double up for toys in August, and the double up we've just had, I used them to buy DD2's TV for her birthday so it cost me £40 instead of £150.

I have only bought a hand full of presents at full price - and I mean, about five things. I think I've done so well - I'm quite proud of myself. :A

:money::money:A Money Neutral Christmas - Way hey! I did it!!! :money::money::money:
  • elysia2003
    Options
    Legendmum wrote: »
    Oh Guys will I be able to join the new thread when its up and running? I currently do Pinecone Research, Hi Panel, Toluna and have recently joined My Survey. Would love some advice on the best sites etc!

Of course you can!

Do you get a bonus to refer people to Pinecone and hi Panel? You could refer me, If you do.
  • Savvybunny2009
    Options
    Hi everyone, I have been so busy with Christmas prep and about a ,million and one things not going right at the moment.

I started ebay selling this year (with a massive push from you lot! lol) and managed to pull together just under £300 which helped cover all the costs. Had a big sort out of all the boxes and have lots put away for next christmas/birthdays and have started a list of all the items I will be listing after Christmas, taking pics and boxing/packaging it all up (as that's definately the worst part!).

Not done anymore Dooyoo, can't find any motivation since they reduced the points. Haven't done any surveys for a while as they seem to eat up soo much time, Sony ones are so quick and easy for £5.00 amazon, will be saving those up for Christmas next year too. I have around £200 for Boots sale in the new year which should take care of the kids birthdays, and some of Christmas. Realistically I think it would be impossible to spend £200 in the sale though, last year I had four big bags and opnly spent £35 :p
    Comping wishlist for 2017
    1. Family holiday 2. Christmas presents :rudolf: 3. Fishing stuff
    The more you put into life, the more you get out
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills