*NEW* Thrifty Gifty - Money Making for Christmas & Occasions 2010

Options

Comments

• elysia2003
    elysia2003 Posts: 5,155 Forumite
    edited 11 December 2010 at 11:30AM
    Options
    Well done Savvy - I forgot to add ebay! LOL

You've done brilliantly - are you going to join in January? - it would be lovely to have you here again.

I spent £90 (I think) in Boots sale, and I still have so much stuff left, it's untrue. I'll be giving presents to strangers next to get rid of it ;). I've definately learned my lesson this year - besides, I've nowhere to store it all.

ETA: try Dooyoo again as some money is better than none. ;)
    I :heartpuls M.S.E.
    :DMortgage Free 18/01/10 13 years and 8 months early on a 20 year mortgage! :D
  • Legendmum
    Legendmum Posts: 2,833 Forumite
    Options
    elysia2003 wrote: »
    Of course you can!

Do you get a bonus to refer people to Pinecone and hi Panel? You could refer me, If you do.

Ooh dont know about Hi Panel but Pinecone send out an email every so often to forward on so when I get 1 again I will share!
    :xmassmile**New** Thrifty Gifty Money Making for Christmas and all occasions 2012**:xmassmile
    Member No. 11 of Happy Chappy's Clip Strip Club! ;):dance:
  • Ddraig
    Ddraig Posts: 595 Forumite
    Options
    Danone - There is no way of checking but I'm sure I've received £40

Elysia what is this please?

Also what are the Sony surveys?
    SWAGBUCKS Nov 17sbs redeemed; 2 x £5 Amazon
    youngpoll 7.70onepoll £33 toluna 29600 plus 3 redeem. valued opinions 9.25pureprofile 5.95mutual points 1265.Hi epanel 24 pointscrowdology 1.52
  • foxy219
    foxy219 Posts: 417 Forumite
    Options
    Evening everyone,
    Ebay has been a big hit for me this year, I have bought most of my Christmas presents with money earned through Ebay and also Quidco and Shop and Scan. I have £70 Boots points ready for the sales, and £60 (ish) Shop and Scan points to cash in.
    I have so much to list on ebay it is unreal, hopefully once Christmas is over for this year I can sit down and earnestly get some items listed and free up some space!
    Motto: You gotta be in it to win it!:j
    2015 Objective - Pay off credit cards/Overpay mortgage
    2015 Wins: Nothing yet, but keeping trying :T
  • mum2one
    mum2one Posts: 16,279 Forumite
    Xmas Saver!
    Options
    I've got a bag of dd's summer clothes and swimwear - I usually put them on about feb, find they go better then, got a few bits of mine to go on, but can wait till end of jan now, - hopefully find a few more things before then.

Just ordered £30 from toluna, so fingers crossed there turn up eventually...... been "removed" from dooyoo, bingoport - must of had the wrong perfume on! xx
    xx rip dad... we had our ups and downs but we’re always be family xx
  • Savvybunny2009
    Options
    elysia2003 wrote: »
    Well done Savvy - I forgot to add ebay! LOL

You've done brilliantly - are you going to join in January? - it would be lovely to have you here again.

I spent £90 (I think) in Boots sale, and I still have so much stuff left, it's untrue. I'll be giving presents to strangers next to get rid of it ;). I've definately learned my lesson this year - besides, I've nowhere to store it all.

ETA: try Dooyoo again as some money is better than none. ;)

Thanks hun, I miss catching up with you and everyone on here but as my youngest is 16 months it's difficult to find time to catch up as I don't want to miss a moment of her growing up as they do so very quick!

I will definately be back in here in January, two weeks until Christmas and I feel completely unorganised yet we have been preparing all year, I need you all to give me the motivation and kick up the bum to be organised lol. Dooyoo is a pain howeveeeerrr, after Christmas I am sure I can review all of the kids toys, hundreds of chocolates, and a whole bunch of festive films and you are right, every little does add up at the end of the year.

Wow, £90.00 is a good amount in the sale, I would have loved to but I didn't have my car last time so had to take four huuuugggee bags on the bus. I must say I did get quite a few odd looks off people not in the know! Hubby is fed up with Boxes of presents for next year already, are yours stacked up against the bedroom wall too? :rotfl:

I have to say this is without a doubt the friendliest thread on MSE and I'm glad I came here and got to know some great people in here :)

So are we all up to date, presents wrapped with only kicking back with a glass of bubbly left to check off the list?
    Comping wishlist for 2017
    1. Family holiday 2. Christmas presents :rudolf: 3. Fishing stuff
    The more you put into life, the more you get out
  • elysia2003
    Options
    Hubby is fed up with Boxes of presents for next year already, are yours stacked up against the bedroom wall too? :rotfl:

How did you guess??? :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I have to say this is without a doubt the friendliest thread on MSE and I'm glad I came here and got to know some great people in here :)

Here here. I think so too. :D

So are we all up to date, presents wrapped with only kicking back with a glass of bubbly left to check off the list?

Not much left to do now. Now where did I put the champers? :D
  • elysia2003
    Options
    Ddraig wrote: »
    Danone - There is no way of checking but I'm sure I've received £40

Elysia what is this please?

Also what are the Sony surveys?

Danone is a consumer panel. We have to make suggestions on new flavours etc. I got invited through one of the survey sites. I get £5 amazon per month as long as I answer a few questions. Keep a look out as I'm on a few - Philadelphia and Britvic are ones I joined just this week.

Sony survey has closed now (I believe) they have amended it so only Sony can invite you. It was posted on the Grabbit I think and they got inundated. I was gutted - I missed it. :cool:
  • Well_Preserved
    Options
    Please could you start the 2011 thread with some kind of guide or explanation of how to get started on these surveys etc? I haven't a clue how to start or even whether I could feasibly do it, & maybe there are others like me.
  • elysia2003
    edited 15 December 2010 at 10:09AM
    Options
    Please could you start the 2011 thread with some kind of guide or explanation of how to get started on these surveys etc? I haven't a clue how to start or even whether I could feasibly do it, & maybe there are others like me.

Of course I could. Thankyou for mentioning it - I didn't know until someone on here told me :) I'll post it now so you can get all ready for the off. :D

You just join a survey site (you can google surveys) and they will ask you to fill out a survey so they know demographic you are - no use sending you surveys on subjects to do with kids programs if you haven't got any children etc. They then send you surveys that are/should be applicable to you.

Each survey site is different - some have points and when you get to the payment threashold you are able to redeem the points for Amazon vouchers or paper store vouchers (love2shop) or some you can see the cash mounting up. These have different payment threasholds too.

Here are some examples:

Valued Opinions- payout in vouchers - but at a low £10 threashold

Iap (ipsos) - £5 minimum payout in vouchers or amazon but works out better pointswise if you wait for £10. You'll see when you join :)

Onepoll- payout at £40 (extremely quick surveys though) by cheque

Newvistalive- payout by cheque once you reach £50

Toluna - payout at 80,000 points which is equivalent to £15.00 and payout is in vouchers and not cash.

I have linked to the site homepage so you can see what you think.

There are tonnes of others - Pinecone, Hi Panel, GFK, join whatever you can. The surveys take time and effort - but like anything, you only get out what you put in. The more you do - the more you get.

Don't forget each survey is not guaranteed - they may say you're not suitable half way through, which is a little offputting but you'll
    be fine for the next one I'm sure.

It would be doing someone else a favour if you could get someone to refer you as they would get a little bonus, but we are not allowed to openly do referals here, only on the referals board which is here) but I'm sure it wouldn't hurt if you PM a member on this board and ask what surveys they do, and ask them to refer you - then when you join something they're not on, they could return the favour for you - iyswim.

I hope this is easy to understand. Once you get signed up and going, you'll won't believe how easy it is - it just takes time.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure