We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Standard Life Shares

Options

Comments

• Milarky
    Milarky Posts: 6,356 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    ReportInvestor: Agree. Have just posted clarification here also

candygirl: If you sell from the open you will get 230p per share less £10 (I believe that's the amount) 'dealing'. That works out for you at:

440 shares x £2.30 each minus £10. Or about £992.
    .....under construction.... COVID is a [discontinued] scam
  • candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Milarky wrote:
    ReportInvestor: Agree. Have just posted clarification here also

candygirl: If you sell from the open you will get 230p per share less £10 (I believe that's the amount) 'dealing'. That works out for you at:

440 shares x £2.30 each minus £10. Or about £992.
    when will i get this pittance?i know i should know these things but i can't remember!!
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
  • ReportInvestor
    ReportInvestor Posts: 3,646 Forumite
    Options
    It will be posted to you by 17th July.
  • DocProc
    DocProc Posts: 855 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    KEY DATES

8.00 a.m. Monday 10th July - Commencement of dealings on the London Stock Exchange.

17th July - Posting of share account statements, share certificates and cheques will have been completed.

May 2007 - Payment of first dividend

10th July 2007 - Qualifying date for 5% bonus shares.
  • candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    It will be posted to you by 17th July.
    wicked!!just in time for the school hols!!:T :T
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
  • plumb1_2
    plumb1_2 Posts: 4,395 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    DocProc wrote:
    KEY DATES

8.00 a.m. Monday 10th July - Commencement of dealings on the London Stock Exchange.

17th July - Posting of share account statements, share certificates and cheques will have been completed.

May 2007 - Payment of first dividend

10th July 2007 - Qualifying date for 5% bonus shares.

3 out of 4 Share Certificates arrived this morning icon_eek.gif ,for the plumb1 household, all for the 186 shares(£20 SHP bagger specials).
    They must be the first batch as the certificte numbers are 000008**, and maybe depend on you surname (B) for us.
  • ReportInvestor
    Options
    Trust you to put a(nother) spanner in the works nv ;).

Maybe Standard finally decided to uphold your earlier complaint to them, which seemed justified based on our MSE calculations that compared your windfall unfavourably to others' ? Although you seemed perversely determined at the time to rubbish those calculations that were designed to help you :confused:.

Or perhaps when you sleepwalk you unknowingly fill in Standard Life applications for extra shares :rotfl:

IIRC your windfall allocation was the main one that was out of step with our table.

As another poster has already pointed out on this thread, Standard Life appeared to be "shafting you"

Never say that you can't learn from MSE. Although I do recall in your PM to me that you claimed Standard had confirmed your original allocation after you did complain :confused:. Curiouser and curiouser......

I think you are the only one who has a hope of explaining your [continued] anomaly.
  • ReportInvestor
    Options
    Tell us anything new about Standard Life, nv.

Why not ask Standard why they have given you too many shares and let us know their reply.

That would be interesting. If "all the factors were correct" it now appears that you are "shafting Standard Life" and its members ;). We wouldn't want everyone else's shareholding diluted by a simple administrative error.
  • RT7
    RT7 Posts: 163 Forumite
    Options
    noahveil wrote:
    Both received our share certs. today (surname starts P). In both cases the number of shares allocated was slightly more than we were originally notified of in the allocation statement in April which came with the voting pack. Anyone the same - and know why this should be ?

Our cert came this morning (surname begins with T), got the exact amount we expected
  • Jays
    Jays Posts: 410 Forumite
    Options
    RT7 wrote:
    Our cert came this morning (surname begins with T), got the exact amount we expected

Hummph, surname starts with S, but I've not got my cert yet; maybe 'cos I bought more shares?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport