PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Black Saturn's evening meal planner

Options

Comments

• skylight
    skylight Posts: 10,716 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    The steralized cream can - but not whilst it is in the tin.

The cream will freeze, expand whilst in the tin, tin will split with sharp edges and be dangerous for fingers.
  • **purpleprincess**
    Options
    It's ok to freeze just not in the tin!!
    Official DFW Nerd no. 082! :cool:
    Debt @ 01/01/2014 £16,956 Debt now: £0.00 :j
    Aims:[STRIKE] clear debt, get married, buy a house[/STRIKE] :D ALL DONE!!
  • jcr16
    jcr16 Posts: 4,185 Forumite
    Options
    no didn't buy it as worried it was the wrong thig. and didn't want to waste my money.

my hubby said it was on there so no one would freeze it in the tin. but is anyone really that silly to think u can freeze a whole tin ?

i will buy it now i know. sainsburys have it on offer at the mo two tins for £1.
  • Pink.
    Pink. Posts: 17,675 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi jcr16,

I have merged your thread into Black Saturns thread where she is almost certain to see your post.

Pink
  • halloweenqueen_2
    Options
    There was an interesting article in yesterdays' daily mail about what was and wasn't in the ice cream, i think it said tesco's 74p ice cream was just an oily sludge and most ice creams have no cream or milk and are made with lots of oils. They only have to contain some sliver of a percentage of milk/cream to be 'dairy' ice cream as well .You have to get over the £3 mark for organic ice cream or a good top range ice cream. Or you can buy the tins of cream and make black saturns version!!
  • jcr16
    jcr16 Posts: 4,185 Forumite
    Options
    well i made black saturns version today. and it is yummy. it is very filling so very economical. my in-laws like it also.

i found that by serving it straight from the freezer a small amount of ice cream will last longer and makes it more enjoyable.

i not gonna make this all the time but i will make it for special occasions and try to vary to flavour as well now i know the basic recipe.
  • black-saturn
    black-saturn Posts: 13,937 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    jcr16 wrote:
    no didn't buy it as worried it was the wrong thig. and didn't want to waste my money.

my hubby said it was on there so no one would freeze it in the tin. but is anyone really that silly to think u can freeze a whole tin ?

i will buy it now i know. sainsburys have it on offer at the mo two tins for £1.
    People are stupid enough to freeze it in the tin.

I once had a dim friend who bought a one of those stick deodorants and took it back because it made her bum spotty. The shop assistant told her that she shouldnt be putting it on her bum and my friend pointed out that it said 'push up bottom' on it. I also went with her to a baby clinic once and her babys dummy went on the floor. The nurse told her to go and wash the dummy in the toilet, meaning obviously to wash it under the tap, but she actually swished it round in the toilet bowl. How dim is that? I couldnt believe what i was seeing.

Anyway, in answer to your question yes it is OK to freeze it once it is out of the tin. If your worried though you can always use ordinary chilled cream.
    2008 Comping Challenge
    Won so far - £3010 Needed - £230
    Debt free since Oct 2004
  • Penny-Pincher!!
    Penny-Pincher!! Posts: 8,325 Forumite
    Options
    Hiya Hun

Your recipes sound gorgeous!!

Have done a meal planner for this week and thought it may or may not help someone else..LOL. Should be a cheap week as I have most of the bulk items in the freezer already, but will note prices as a guideline for others.

Monday-Breaded Cod, Mash/Baked, Salad or Veg
    Tuesday-Toad In Hole, Mash, peas and cabbage
    Wednesday-Curry & Rice
    Thursday-Shepards Pie, Cabbage, carrots and onion gravy
    Friday-Egg & Chips (bread and butter)
    Saturday-Spagbol, salad & Garlic Bread
    Sunday-Roast Chicken,Roasties, Yorkies, Stuffing, Carrots, peas & cut beans

Shop List:

Main Meal Items
    4 x Breaded Cod-£1.50 (already have)
    Sausages x 8-£1.25 (Butchers very high pork content)
    Left Over Chicken-£1.50 couple of thighs?(already have in freezer)
    500g Minced Lamb-£1.20 Aldi/Butchers (already in freezer)
    Eggs x 6-£0.74 free range Lidls (already have)
    Large Chicken-£2.50 Asda (already have)

Sides & Veggies
    Large bag of spuds-£2.00 (have)
    Large Cabbage-50p
    Large Bag of carrots-50p
    Onions x 3-15p
    Frozen Peas-30p
    Tinned Sweetcorn-17p
    Rice-25p
    Tinned Toms x 2-26p
    Lettuce-35p
    Cucumber-35p
    Spring onions-35p
    Peppers-50p
    Beetroot-35p
    Garlic Bread-35p
    Stuffing-18p
    Flour-22p

Lunches/Breakfasts/Other
    Bread x 3-75p
    Milk UHT x 3-96p
    Cereal-50p
    Crisps-50p
    Soup-33p
    Beans x 2-22p
    Apples x 12-£1
    Bananas x 10-£1
    Oranges x 7-£1
    Cheese-£1
    Ham-£1
    Raisins-32p
    Biscuits-44p
    Tuna x 2-66p

Total £24.50 roughly. Most fruit, veg and salad are from the market. DD has a packed lunch (sarnie/roll, 3 x fruit, crisps and HM biccie) and we normally have something on toast, soup, sarnie or jacket spud served with salad. Breakfasts are normally cereal, toast, fruit or egg on toast etc.

There are 3 of us, so thats £8per week per person.

HTH

PP
    xx
    To repeat what others have said, requires education, to challenge it,
    requires brains!
    FEB GC/DIESEL £200/4 WEEKS
  • Rachie_B
    Rachie_B Posts: 8,785 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    OMG do you not find it faaaaar too hot to eat all those hot dinners in this weather PP ???

sorry but pmsl @ your friend BS
  • skylight
    skylight Posts: 10,716 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    I once had a dim friend who bought a one of those stick deodorants and took it back because it made her bum spotty. The shop assistant told her that she shouldnt be putting it on her bum and my friend pointed out that it said 'push up bottom' on it. I also went with her to a baby clinic once and her babys dummy went on the floor. The nurse told her to go and wash the dummy in the toilet, meaning obviously to wash it under the tap, but she actually swished it round in the toilet bowl. How dim is that? I couldnt believe what i was seeing.

Wind up, right????

Please ....It's wind up???

:rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills