Boost Your Tesco Clubcard Points Discussion

Options

Comments

• mm684
    mm684 Posts: 25 Forumite
    Options
    Hi,
    I have recycled cartridges and they can take time.
    But they do appear.
    Strangely different types of cartridge seem to take different times???
    Even different cartridges by the same manufacturer can take different times.
  • bylromarha
    bylromarha Posts: 10,085 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Here's a thread I started back in Jan 2006 about clubcard plus...people keep resurrecting it, so it's pretty up to date.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=142152

*Sighs* Oh, for a Tesco sub board...
    Who made hogs and dogs and frogs?
  • savemesumdosh
    Options
    Does anybody know if the minimum spend to use online codes is taken before or after the delivery charge has been applied?

For example If I spend £47.20 + £3.99= £51.19 can I use a 500 points code wys over £50?

Thanks in advance!!
  • tilla66
    tilla66 Posts: 35 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    does anyone know the address to send the printer cartidges and old mobile phones, it used to be on tesco website but it seems they've had a slight makeover and now i cant find it, thanks
  • savemesumdosh
    Options
    tilla66 wrote: »
    does anyone know the address to send the printer cartidges and old mobile phones, it used to be on tesco website but it seems they've had a slight makeover and now i cant find it, thanks

The Freepost address is:
    Tesco Mobile Phone Recycling
    FREEPOST LON17592
    Mitcham
    CR4 3UZ

More info can be found here:

https://secure.tesco.com/clubcard/clubcard/partners/?page=recycle

:T
  • Perez
    Perez Posts: 119 Forumite
    Options
    gwentexile wrote: »
    Have tried to boost my Tesco points total by 8-10 recycling printer cartridges and 3 mobile phones. So far no points crediited to my account. anyone else experiencing similar problem?:confused:

I've sent them cartridges on a few occasions over the last few months, points have been credited for most (but not ALL - I guess some of them fail their testing)...

I did speak to the company (The Recycling Factory, 0800 091 0696), who explained that what happens is that they send a summary to Tesco each week, listing the clubcard numbers and number of points to credit... Tesco then process the list. T.R.F. can tell you (on the phone) if they've processed any cartridges for you, but then it's up to Tesco as to how quickly those points are credited to your account...

Curiously though, the last lot of points were added to my main clubcard balance and not my green point balance? Strange but makes no difference to me.

mm684 - I imagine that some cartridge types are in more demand and so get refilled (and then credited) more quickly - I doubt T.R.F. will credit points until the carts have been refilled and passed testing... They refill the cartridges to sell on (and I suspect they supply them to Tesco as well, to sell as their own brand)

Hope this helps!
  • mm684
    mm684 Posts: 25 Forumite
    Options
    Hi,
    I came to the same conclusion that they supply Tesco.
    The points and number of mobiles has decreased but not the points for cartridges.

At £10 - £15 for each remanufactured cartridge in Tesco there's a profit on the 100 points you get. They also need a large scale steady supply to keep Tesco supplied - people after 100 points have a bigger incentive than altruism.
  • Jakeysmum
    Options
    I was thinking of getting a clubcard plus as many of you have already done, but I have one or two questions I would love answered first.

I often use the 500 or 1000 point codes on my grocery and wine shop, if I do this and then pay by clubcard plus, will these points be doubled or just my normal points. Also am I more likely to get noticed for always using extra points codes if I have a CC+?

Secondly, can you use the CC+ online? Can it be topped up online?

Thanks
  • blessingsipray
    Options
    Can anyone tell me( a new moneysaver!) is there a way to change from being in the xmas saver option to be able to get my vouchers instead so i can use for deals? i just found out you can only spend it instore. I didnt realise it was better to spend them on deals:confused:
    I havent had the vouchers yet, they are due november.
  • southernginge
    Options
    Does the Cloney Hatch Text work? Many thanks

Have never used the http://www.rpoints.com/easy-points/brands/c1 site before.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure