Boost Your Airmiles Discussion Area

Options

Comments

• Phoolgrrrl
    Phoolgrrrl Posts: 685 Forumite
    Options
    I'm think of using my tesco clubcard vouchers for BA miles. Just checking is there a catch with joinin the ba executive club? Do you have to pay anything on top of clubcard points?

Thanks
  • ristac
    ristac Posts: 12 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Visit the airmiles.co.uk website and have a look around. I managed to get two return flights, Heathrow to Larnaca Cyprus 5,000 airmiles and I had nothing to pay, not even airport tax, it really was £0.

You can join the airmiles website and scheme even if you don't use tesco clubcard ;)
  • ristac
    ristac Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    I just thought I would explain my quick way to 5,000 airmiles all through Tesco Clubcard. I searched for two flights to Cyprus with any airline from Heathrow through one of the many online tour operator comparison sites. I found the cheapest flight per person was £320.00 so a total of £640.00.

Airmiles wanted 5,000 points so I set out to get these points in double quick time.

1 x Shop at Tesco
    2 x Fuel at Tesco
    3 x Tesco Clubcard Credit Card (use all the time pay off balance)
    4 x Swithced to e-On (earn clubcard points)
    5 x Purchased 30 empty ink cartridges on eBay for £25.00 Tesco gives 100 points per cartridge for 'Going Green' send them in the freepost envelope 3000 points or 720 Airmiles

Finally take advantage of all bonus point offers. Every now and again Tesco release some real stormers, Christmas 2007 I spent £50 on DVD's, CD's and Games (as presents). Using the vouchers I managed 2,500 bonus points. This week Tesco have offered 200 points Glade Plugin and a 'double your points' in one grocery shop offer.

I always use Pricerunner to compare electricals but you will often find that Tesco is somewhere near when it comes to a new washing machine for example or a tumble dryer (ours broke and we needed a new one). I managed a bundle of bonus points buying it online via Tesco.

I do not use them for house or car insurance, it took me 11 months to get 5000 airmiles and okay I spent £25.00 boosting my balance by purchasing the ink cartridges but there are 'going green' methods that you can also use ;)
  • rachelandgromit
    Options
    Sorry, just getting a bit excited.... Woo. . . now up to 5000 airmiles. Got enough to get to Australia but not back! Only another 5000 to go then I can book my flight! Not going til April 09 but hoping to book by October/November. . . . .

Any suggestions anyone. And - I don't know why, but I seem to be getting 80 airmiles per £2.50 of ccard vouchers. I think this was something a few years back they offered, depending on your weekly shop but after 2 years of not exchanging any its now tracking at this rate (not though I'm complaining)! Any tips on how to increase my miles...... *dreaming of 5 weeks in Auz*
  • mrs_lds
    mrs_lds Posts: 4,103 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary I won, I won, I won!
    Options
    how did you get 80 airmiles per £2.50
  • rachelandgromit
    Options
    mrs_lds wrote: »

I have no idea! TBH I think going back a couple of years, depending on your weekly spend at Tesco determined whether you got 60 or 80 airmiles per £2.50. I do spend alot at Tesco and whilst I didn't exchange any vouchers for a while, Airmiles seems to have 'remembered' from a couple of years ago that I got 80 miles per £2.50 and still converts them this way!

HTH
  • digiland_2
    digiland_2 Posts: 48 Forumite
    Options
    mrs_lds wrote: »

Airmiles did a promotion years ago and you became a Premium or Ordinary customer. Premium 80, Ordinary 60. They have kept honouring that promotion.
  • digiland_2
    Options
    Sorry, just getting a bit excited.... Woo. . . now up to 5000 airmiles. Got enough to get to Australia but not back! Only another 5000 to go then I can book my flight! Not going til April 09 but hoping to book by October/November. . . . .

Any suggestions anyone. And - I don't know why, but I seem to be getting 80 airmiles per £2.50 of ccard vouchers. I think this was something a few years back they offered, depending on your weekly shop but after 2 years of not exchanging any its now tracking at this rate (not though I'm complaining)! Any tips on how to increase my miles...... *dreaming of 5 weeks in Auz*

Took me 5 years to get enough Airmiles from all my collecting places for 2 flights to Hong Kong, we go in November. Best of luck getting another 5000 miles before this October!!!!!!
  • wadzee
    wadzee Posts: 9 Forumite
    Options
    LLoyds TSB Airmiles Mortgage offers 6000 airmiles when you move your mortgage (or indeed start a new one) with them. Plus, 50 extra miles for every month you stay on their fixed rate. So, thinking of changing mortgage provider? I know I am!!!
  • digiland_2
    Options
    Makes me wish I had a mortgage so I could move it. :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure