Boost Your Airmiles Discussion Area

Options

Comments

• Cage
    Cage Posts: 209 Forumite
    Options
    sorry If I'm a bit dumb here, but how do you use airmiles ? Say for example I have 10,000 airmiles, can I use them with any flight operator ? Do I just let them know when I am booking a flight at a travel agent, or ?
  • 6889joannew
    6889joannew Posts: 527 Forumite
    Options
    hi guys i know this may be a stupid questions but what do u do to collect airmiles do i need a credit card i keep going on flight and they say do i collect airmiles i say no because i dont knoa how! i know this is silly but can any1 help.thanks guys
    OCTOBER/NOVEMBER WINS- HOLIDAY TO DUBAI/IPAD 2/KINDLE AND LOTS OF OTHER OTHER LITTLE BITS I LOVE COMPING!!!
  • digiland_2
    digiland_2 Posts: 48 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Cage wrote: »
    sorry If I'm a bit dumb here, but how do you use airmiles ? Say for example I have 10,000 airmiles, can I use them with any flight operator ? Do I just let them know when I am booking a flight at a travel agent, or ?

Go to www.airmiles.com

You book all airmiles flights with the Airmiles company.
  • digiland_2
    Options
    hi guys i know this may be a stupid questions but what do u do to collect airmiles do i need a credit card i keep going on flight and they say do i collect airmiles i say no because i dont knoa how! i know this is silly but can any1 help.thanks guys

hi

Go to www.airmiles.com and click on the how and where to collect.

Best place to start is by getting a lloydsTsb combined mastercard and american express card as they will give you a bonus of I think 500 miles once you start using it. That should create your airmiles account. You can then use all the other partners to collect airmiles (Tesco, Shell, etc.)
  • summerangel_2
    Options
    What are the best and quickest ways to earn airmiles? i'm new to this so its all a bit confusing. Is the TSB card the quickest? Because say New York is 5000 miles that would take me forever to earn.

ETA What is the difference between airmiles and flying club miles with Virgin?

Thanks
  • digiland_2
    Options
    The quickest way to earn airmiles is to shop at Tesco's and get as many points through them converting your £2.50 vouchers to 60 airmiles each. Also the LLoyds TSB combi amex/mastercard credit card is very good so long as you use the American Express card which gives 1 airmile for every £10 spent. Not everyone takes Amex so have a Tesco mastercard for those retailers that don't as it's better to get extra clubcard points to convert to airmiles than the useless 1 mile for every £50 the Lloyds mastercard offers. But thinking you are goint to get 5000 airmiles overnight is never going to happen. I am going to Hong Kong this year on airmiles but it has taken a few years to save up enough and I am a keen Airmiles and Tesco collector. Go to the Airmiles website to see all the collecting partners. I use my Amex card for everything I can including buying a magazine or a coffee they all add up over the month. Hope this helps
  • VeryTrying_2
    Options
    Rhysie wrote: »
    Why do you not like BA? do you think easyjet or ryanair offer a better service?!

I'm afraid I can't comment on easyjet or ryanair 'cos I've never used them, but I have used BA enough to know that I don't particularly like their staff or service.

My preference is for Emirates, Singapore or Thai. I don't usually use European airlines because I don't like hubbing through, for example, Schipol or Charles de Gaulle.
  • worldwide3rider
    Options
    Does anyone know if the ladbrokes "moving money" post on the 1st page still works or if anyone else does something similar.

Moving £1000 every month with the amex would be an extra 100 airmiles I think.
  • bjornfree
    bjornfree Posts: 19 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I want to use my tesco points for airmiles. my last statement gave me a voucher for £2.00, but the airmiles conversio nthing on the website has a minimum clubcard voucher value of £2.50. Can I save my voucher for my next statement and combine them or will the voucher have expired by then?
    can i ring up airmiles and put the £2.00 on over the phone?

Isn't the "valid to" date printed on your voucher?
    I received a tesco points voucher with my April statement ('08) and it says valid to 28/2/10!
    I'm curious about the poster who started new clubcards when buying his lunch then combined the points later-is that loophole still open?!:rotfl:
    Ipoints 5392
    Pigsback Piggypoints 2250
    Nectar points 1400
    GFK TV Survey £5 Amazon voucher (Oct)Archerfish £3 (Paypal)
    Mylot £9 (Oct):beer:
  • mrs_lds
    mrs_lds Posts: 4,103 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary I won, I won, I won!
    Options
    Rhysie wrote: »
    Why do you not like BA? do you think easyjet or ryanair offer a better service?!
    you do not HAVE to fly BA with airmiles if you go onto search you can choose a different airline instead for the same miles to that location you wish to fly.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure