Boost Your Airmiles Discussion Area

Options

Comments

• Chocs_Mum
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    I've had a read through but can't find anything which answers my question directly so was hoping someone could help me. My husband and I have a joint clubcard account and have previously exchanged our vouchers for airmiles which are held in an account in my name only.

If we were to exchange our current vouchers to airmiles is there anyway we could do it so that we get the double airmiles offer which is currently on?

Thanks in advance for any replies.
    Vicky
  • jjjall1
    Options
    I think the best offer to earn Airmiles at the moment is through the Lloyds TSB credit card application where you earn enough miles for a european flight just by applying !

more details at airmilesforum.com
  • stuzhunter
    Options
    I have £250 Tesco vouchers (worth £1000 in deals) which I could covert in airmiles (specially with the twice airmiles promotion). What happens to my airmiles if Airmiles go burst?
  • tommyb147
    Options
    jjjall1 wrote: »
    I think the best offer to earn Airmiles at the moment is through the Lloyds TSB credit card application where you earn enough miles for a european flight just by applying !

more details at airmilesforum.com

not just for applying...you nedd to be accepted !
  • Ashton_Archer
    Options
    stuzhunter wrote: »
    I have £250 Tesco vouchers (worth £1000 in deals) which I could covert in airmiles (specially with the twice airmiles promotion). What happens to my airmiles if Airmiles go burst?

I think you would lose all the miles. I don't necessarily think they will go bust, but BA (owner) might close the scheme (and even then only to new entrants). As long as you don't want lots of scrappy deals (Alton Tower, Chessington, etc, etc) I'd convert you points to mile, especially as it is on double points at the moment - you would get 12,000 for your vouchers.
  • beardedbenito
    Options
    I think you would lose all the miles. I don't necessarily think they will go bust, but BA (owner) might close the scheme (and even then only to new entrants). As long as you don't want lots of scrappy deals (Alton Tower, Chessington, etc, etc) I'd convert you points to mile, especially as it is on double points at the moment - you would get 12,000 for your vouchers.

Hi everyone, just joined!

I have exactly the same number of vouchers (£250) but not sure whether to go for airmiles or virgin holidays. Two of us can get flights to New York with 2,000 airmiles left over, or I can go all inclusive to New York with Virgin... No brainer right?!

Why would I bother converting them to airmiles?

thanks.
  • NonGeographicalMan
    Options
    callum9999 wrote: »
    Sorry if this has already been asked but does anyone know whether airmiles are any more generous than BA miles (or vice versa)

There is a lengthy thread discussing this on the www.flyertalk.com discussion forum in their BA Executive Club forum section if you can manage to find it.

Basically Air Miles is now a very good deal for UK domestic flights due to no taxes or charges and only 750 miles required for a return journey and usually expensive cash fares short haul in the UK with BA, especially at the last minute a week or two before travel. On the other hand BA Miles are usually much better long haul and for travelling in Club etc and also allows stopovers in places like say Singapore going to Australia (Air Miles forces you to stay on the plane for the full 24 hours) and allows One Way flights while Air Miles does not allow any of these flexibilities (Air Miles used to offer all these things but they were removed from Air Miles when the 1st and 2nd class mileage scheme split occurred and BA Miles was created).

My experience is that Air Miles are actually extremely hard to redeem on popular southern European destinations on dates when you might actually want to travel to them. Ditto with Australia and New Zealand from November to February.
  • phild145
    phild145 Posts: 74 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi All.

Just seen this on the Airmiles site and wondered if anyone had tried it or is she confused and you have to use the vouchers at Tesco's to get the cash vouchers.

I have joined all of Tesco's shopping clubs (wine, food and healthy living) but not the baby one - because you get vouchers nearly every month which I can convert into heaps of Airmiles...- Georgia

Unquote
  • rapunzelz86
    Options
    phild145 wrote: »
    Hi All.

Just seen this on the Airmiles site and wondered if anyone had tried it or is she confused and you have to use the vouchers at Tesco's to get the cash vouchers.

I have joined all of Tesco's shopping clubs (wine, food and healthy living) but not the baby one - because you get vouchers nearly every month which I can convert into heaps of Airmiles...- Georgia

Unquote

Sorry im confused. which airmiles site? and what is the question?
    Assuming you mean, this person thinks she gets vouchers every month that she can convert into airmiles? i dont think this is the case. as i understand it, when with these clubs, aswel as money off vouchers they may also send you vouchers say, from the wine club, giving you 25 extra points when you spend £10 on wine for example.
    This is definately worth it in the long run still, as all those 25/50 extra points soon add up! hope ive helped!:beer:
    Everyone who thanks me when ive helped will get a 5% share when I win this weeks Euromillions......:p
  • phild145
    phild145 Posts: 74 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hello Sadeelisha,

The post was on the main Airmiles site. I was checking how many I had when i found it. Not on anything to do with Tesco.

Your thinking is the same as mine which is you have to earn the points via tesco first.

Phil
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport