Boost Your Airmiles Discussion Area

Options

Comments

• fld14
    fld14 Posts: 463 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    giovanni wrote: »
    Does anyone know how clubcard knows where to send the airmiles?

If you buy the airmiles through clubcard deals you have to log in and it checks that it has the correct address for you. If you dont have an airmiles account then one will be opened for you.

Thanks to all competitions posters and answer finders
    :T
    Don't squander time its the stuff lives are made of
    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • hbc1981
    hbc1981 Posts: 58 Forumite
    Options
    quoia wrote: »

However, on another note, I don't quite understand the following bit which suggests there are 2 sorts of Tesco points, some of which can't be exchanged for Airmiles

This seems a bit confusing ..

or it it just me :confused:

Hmmm since it says points awarded from Promotions cannot be used then I presume this will mean that the 500 bonus points from the pre-order deal cannot be converted to Airmiles?

Anyone got an idea? Otherwise I was thinking of racking up a few points by this promotion and then converting for double airmiles
  • andyd64
    Options
    I think the double vouchers tesco are offering is quite straight forward - an extra voucher for everyone earned, but not available on promotions etc. ie do the pre order 500 extra vouchers offer and you will not get them doubled to 1000.

As for airmiles I believe this is separate. Ie once you have all your clubcard vouchers you can then exchange them for airmiles. I have rung airmiles and although tesco still say £2.50 for 60 miles on the web you fill it in the same and only after airmiles confirm you have not converted clubcard for airmiles before they will create your account and then double the amount of airmiles. The lady also suggested to me that the double airmiles offer was open until after the next quarterly mailing of clubcard vouchers next year and advised me to wait until then.
    Andy
  • jackieblack
    jackieblack Posts: 10,318 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    andyd64 wrote: »
    The lady also suggested to me that the double airmiles offer was open until after the next quarterly mailing of clubcard vouchers next year and advised me to wait until then.
    Andy

From http://www.tesco.com/clubcard/deals/product.aspx?R=236

Twice the Airmiles offer is available for customers who have not previously exchanged Clubcard vouchers for Airmiles and is valid on one transaction only for vouchers exchanged between 02/11/09 and 21/03/10. Bonus miles will be awarded in a separate transaction within 28 days of standard Airmiles being awarded, standard Airmiles take up to 28 days.

The next mailing is February.
    2.22kWp Solar PV system installed Oct 2010, Fronius IG20 Inverter, south facing (-5 deg), 30 degree pitch, no shading
    Everything will be alright in the end so, if it’s not yet alright, it means it’s not yet the end
    MFW #4 OPs (offset): 2018 £866.89, 2019 £1322.33, 2020 £1337.07,
    2021 £1250.00, 2022 £1500.00, 2023 £1500
    Target for 2024 (offset) = £1200, YTD £460
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur
  • jackieblack
    Options
    I think the double vouchers tesco are offering is quite straight forward - an extra voucher for everyone earned, but not available on promotions etc. ie do the pre order 500 extra vouchers offer and you will not get them doubled to 1000.

As for airmiles I believe this is separate. Ie once you have all your clubcard vouchers you can then exchange them for airmiles.

Andy

This is also how I see it

i.e. the 'not on promotional points' bit refers to the current 'double points' promotion Tesco are running, nothing to do with exchanging vouchers for Clubcard rewards.
    2.22kWp Solar PV system installed Oct 2010, Fronius IG20 Inverter, south facing (-5 deg), 30 degree pitch, no shading
    Everything will be alright in the end so, if it’s not yet alright, it means it’s not yet the end
  • giovanni
    giovanni Posts: 415 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options

The next mailing is February.

It's like Tesco to pull offers earlier...
  • SparciaM
    SparciaM Posts: 586 Forumite
    Options
    With the double airmiles if you've never collected before, could this work:

I've been collecting airmiles for ages, but I've got £15 worth of clubcard points saved up. Can my dad use the points to set up a new airmiles account in his name and get the double airmiles and then merge them into my account?!?
  • sgrech
    sgrech Posts: 22 Forumite
    Options
    quoia wrote: »
    Thanks for this.

I've had a look including the

Additional information
    Visit their website at www.airmiles.co.uk/tesco

bit and can't seem to find any specific absolute examples of getting 120 miles for a £2.50/250 point voucher (and 24 more for every additional 50p)

The only reference seems to be the

and the T&Cs bit at the bottom with the ** reference

All the examples just show the normal rate of 60 miles for £2.50 (eg £31.25 = 750)

The www.airmiles.co.uk/tesco link does mention the fact the Tesco are doing double points and therefore you can collect twice as fast.

I'd have thought there might be more than there apparently is to highlight this offer.

However, on another note, I don't quite understand the following bit which suggests there are 2 sorts of Tesco points, some of which can't be exchanged for Airmiles

This seems a bit confusing ..

or it it just me :confused:

Oh sh*t I never read the small print! I have been busily accumulating loads of points through various promotions recently as well as collecting my normal points in the hope of converting into airmiles for some flights to Florida, however it would appear that this is not going to work now?

I was wondering how they would distinguish between standard and other points I have just looked at my vouchers and they do tell you for instance when the vouchers are from Tesco personal finance e.t.c.

I think that I might ring Tescos myself to confirm that this is the case.

If this is correct then may be better to convert CC vouchers for Virgin (or other company) holiday tokens?

Simon
  • jackieblack
    Options
    sgrech wrote: »
    Oh sh*t I never read the small print! I have been busily accumulating loads of points through various promotions recently as well as collecting my normal points in the hope of converting into airmiles for some flights to Florida, however it would appear that this is not going to work now?

I was wondering how they would distinguish between standard and other points I have just looked at my vouchers and they do tell you for instance when the vouchers are from Tesco personal finance e.t.c.

I think that I might ring Tescos myself to confirm that this is the case.

If this is correct then may be better to convert CC vouchers for Virgin (or other company) holiday tokens?

Simon

As previously posted (see below) I think you are confusing the double points promotion with the double Airmiles promotion.

As for airmiles I believe this is separate. Ie once you have all your clubcard vouchers you can then exchange them for airmiles. I have rung airmiles and although tesco still say £2.50 for 60 miles on the web you fill it in the same and only after airmiles confirm you have not converted clubcard for airmiles before they will create your account and then double the amount of airmiles. The lady also suggested to me that the double airmiles offer was open until after the next quarterly mailing of clubcard vouchers next year and advised me to wait until then.
    Andy
    This is also how I see it

i.e. the 'not on promotional points' bit refers to the current 'double points' promotion Tesco are running, nothing to do with exchanging vouchers for Clubcard rewards.
  • sgrech
    sgrech Posts: 22 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks jackieblack, I will take another look and probably give Tesco a call myself just to put my mind at rest.

Simon
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport