Boost Your Airmiles Discussion Area

Options

Comments

• rachelandgromit
    Options
    That message has been on the Airmiles website for at least a year. Might be worth asking them if they have any estimated dates for this feature to be launched, if you're interested in using it...

You are right, this has been up for well over a year. I asked about this when I used my 16,000 Airmiles to book my Australia flights a few weeks ago and staff seemed vague. Whatever it is, I wouldn't expect any developments soon . . . .

Aw well, Clubcard statement due soon, more Airmiles :-)
  • stuart.pinfold
    Options
    You are right, this has been up for well over a year. I asked about this when I used my 16,000 Airmiles to book my Australia flights a few weeks ago and staff seemed vague. Whatever it is, I wouldn't expect any developments soon . . . .

Aw well, Clubcard statement due soon, more Airmiles :-)
    I would also be worried about the security of doing this... how could Airmiles find out what you spent, how much and where, on your NatWest/Abbey/other bank debit or credit card? Perhaps this is why Airmiles are taking longer than expected to launch this feature, while they iron out the security implications...

16,000 Airmiles? Wow! How long did that take?
  • rachelandgromit
    Options
    I would also be worried about the security of doing this... how could Airmiles find out what you spent, how much and where, on your NatWest/Abbey/other bank debit or credit card? Perhaps this is why Airmiles are taking longer than expected to launch this feature, while they iron out the security implications...

16,000 Airmiles? Wow! How long did that take?

It took me about a year, BUT this was also purchasing ink cartridges off Ebay and recycling them via Tesco, it was not an easy job and I literally did EVERYTHING to get additional Airmiles, alot to do with household members on accounts . . . put it this way, our household is very big :o . . . .

I wouldn't say how I got the rest as Airmiles would probably take them off me if they knew . . . . IT is possible though, you just have to really know Airmiles. A good start is the credit card, I literally live on this and just pay it off each month, I am also on the 80 airmile tesco rate.
  • JadeLD
    JadeLD Posts: 121 Forumite
    Options
    Hi there,
    I have an airmiles query and maybe someone here can help me. Are the quoted airmiles values eg Paris 750 for single or return flights?

Also if you join shell drivers club at the moment through airmiles you get 75 airmiles bonus. I joined shell a few weeks ago and missed out :(
  • nads
    nads Posts: 2,406 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I wouldn't say how I got the rest as Airmiles would probably take them off me if they knew . . . . IT is possible though, you just have to really know Airmiles.

:rotfl: That sounds really interesting, would you care to share? I've applied for a Lloyds CC and joined the 75 airmiels with shell but I'm about erm 70,000 off a trip to Toronto :p
  • stuart.pinfold
    Options
    JadeLD wrote: »
    Hi there,
    I have an airmiles query and maybe someone here can help me. Are the quoted airmiles values eg Paris 750 for single or return flights?

Also if you join shell drivers club at the moment through airmiles you get 75 airmiles bonus. I joined shell a few weeks ago and missed out :(
    Yes, they're all return trips. To my knowledge you cannot book single trips via Airmiles.
  • JadeLD
    JadeLD Posts: 121 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks stuart.pinfold, I was trying to compare the rates between BA miles and airmile to decide which to transfer my clubcard point too. Looks like airmiles wins by about 4%, assuming that is that BA miles are also return flights. That makes a trip on points seem more reachable!
  • moneyskip
    Options
    From Loyalty Schemes article:

1500 free points. Apply for a Lloyds TSB* Airmile card before 31 Mar 09 and you'll get 1500 free points (when you spend £10 before 30 June 09) and further points for future spending.

Airmiles website says:
    To use your voucher, book a night in any AIRMILES hotel when you book your free flights

Does anyone know if you can use these 1500 Airmiles for experiences, wine etc. as usual or only for 'free flights' offer?
  • m00head
    m00head Posts: 147 Forumite
    Options
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7891047.stm
    Travellers face losing all their Airmiles if they fail to collect at least one in the next six months, the firm behind the scheme has admitted.

Airmiles is writing to 1.7m customers who have not collected any in the last two years, warning their accounts will be closed if they miss the deadline.

The firm said the measure was covered by its terms and conditions.
  • Andersonmam
    Options
    I recently received the Lloyds Airmile Duo credit card. I applied for this online, direct with Lloyds as I've banked with them for years. I've never collected airmiles before and thought this would be a good way to start.

It wasn't until I went to set up my account on the Airmiles website (to get my 50 bonus points) that I saw if I'd applied for the card via Airmiles I would've received a voucher for 1500 miles! I'm really disappointed at not knowing this in advance, and of course there was no mention of it on the bank's website. Do I just accept I've lost out or do you think there's anything to be gained by contacting Lloyds?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure