Boost Your Airmiles Discussion Area

Options

Comments

• mad_rich
    mad_rich Posts: 868 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    If you want to keep your AIRMILES alive, just buy something through the AIRMILES store, convert some Clubcard points or spend something on your credit card (if you have one). I imagine those would still be quicker than waiting for the bank account miles.
  • stuart.pinfold
    Options
    @helgawb - Yes, I check my Airmiles balance almost every day, and the miles weren't there on the 2nd December, but were on the 3rd.

I agree with mad_rich - the quickest way is to logon to Airmiles, buy something in their Online Shopping section, convert Clubcard/Shell points, or spend on your credit card - it's probably the easiest (though not necessarily the quickest) way of keeping your account alive.
  • mad_rich
    mad_rich Posts: 868 Forumite
    Options
    750 FREE Airmiles when you sign up for a Lloyds TSB current account before 30th January 2009!

More information

Thanks for this. Phoned up to open an a/c today and I went to the branch this afternoon to show my ID. I now have an account number!

Where and how did you give LloydsTSB your AIRMILES number?

The guy on the phone wasn't interested - he said they'd take it in the branch. Of course the guy in the branch had no idea what I was on about so he phoned the 0800 number. Eventually it was decided to 'make a note of the number' and that I should phone AIRMILES when the money was in the account.

Sounds like I'm going to get a bit of a run-around...
  • stuart.pinfold
    Options
    I have the Airmiles credit card with Lloyds, so I didn't have to give a number as there was an existing connection between my Lloyds account and my Airmiles account.
  • phil7445
    phil7445 Posts: 483 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Eek! Typical me! I have left it till the last minute. Even though it says open the account by 30th January the person on the phone said it was ok to do it today 30th January! I hope so as I don't really want the account! At least it is all done on the phone and I don't even need to go in to the branch as I guess they have done a check on me before I got the Airmiles credit card. fingers crossed for me!
  • helgawb
    helgawb Posts: 13 Forumite
    Options
    mad_rich wrote: »
    Thanks for this. Phoned up to open an a/c today and I went to the branch this afternoon to show my ID. I now have an account number!

Where and how did you give LloydsTSB your AIRMILES number?

The guy on the phone wasn't interested - he said they'd take it in the branch. Of course the guy in the branch had no idea what I was on about so he phoned the 0800 number. Eventually it was decided to 'make a note of the number' and that I should phone AIRMILES when the money was in the account.

Sounds like I'm going to get a bit of a run-around...

Same here - opened account on phone straight away, got account no and sort code straight away, but they didn't seem to know how or when i would get airmiles - didn't want my airmiles account no. I am about to pay money in today so i will see if this triggers the air miles, but i am beginnng to wonder if it will all happen automatically, or as mad rich says, there will be a run around.
  • TheGame7
    TheGame7 Posts: 169 Forumite
    Options
    TheGame7 wrote: »
    Hi,

I hope someone can help..

I flew to Chicago and back from London with American Airlines in November.

Is it still possible to retrieve these airmiles?

Can I only use AA's scheme (and if so, how do I retrieve them) or are there better ones out there?

Cheers.

Anyone know?
  • cundall
    cundall Posts: 859 Forumite
    Options
    TheGame7 wrote: »
    Anyone know?

Wrong type of airmile and thread.

You need your airline ticket stub to claim your airmiles for AA and these can be used on a number of airlines. Remember if your tickets were discounted you might only get 25% of the airmile miles so unless you are going to use AA for most flights.
  • m00head
    m00head Posts: 147 Forumite
    Options
    https://www.airmiles.co.uk/account/manageMyCards.do
    COMING SOON: We will be offering the opportunity for you to collect Airmiles with a number of new retailers, restaurants and much more simply by registering your cards with us. You will be able to automatically collect miles just by paying on your registered card when you shop in the high street with future selected retailers, restaurants and much more.

You will be asked to enter your card details, including the type of card and the card number. Your card details will be used solely to track the transaction that you make offline when paying on that card at a participating retailer.

We will not use your card details for transactional purposes and hence we will not ask for valid from and expiry dates on your cards. Your details will be kept safe and secure as stated in our security policy.

Simply use your registered card(s) to make your offline purchases at participating retailers and we will track the amount of miles you have collected and add them to your account. Please allow 35 days for your miles to reach your account.
  • stuart.pinfold
    Options
    m00head wrote: »
    https://www.airmiles.co.uk/account/manageMyCards.do
    COMING SOON: We will be offering the opportunity for you to collect Airmiles with a number of new retailers, restaurants and much more simply by registering your cards with us. You will be able to automatically collect miles just by paying on your registered card when you shop in the high street with future selected retailers, restaurants and much more.

You will be asked to enter your card details, including the type of card and the card number. Your card details will be used solely to track the transaction that you make offline when paying on that card at a participating retailer.

We will not use your card details for transactional purposes and hence we will not ask for valid from and expiry dates on your cards. Your details will be kept safe and secure as stated in our security policy.

Simply use your registered card(s) to make your offline purchases at participating retailers and we will track the amount of miles you have collected and add them to your account. Please allow 35 days for your miles to reach your account.
    That message has been on the Airmiles website for at least a year. Might be worth asking them if they have any estimated dates for this feature to be launched, if you're interested in using it...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure