PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

carpet cleaning

Options

Comments

• tankgirl1
    tankgirl1 Posts: 4,252 Forumite
    Options
    thanks guys- i dont buy persil, but will get some stardrops later and give it a go :beer:

ive had a nosey, and i read about the bicarb here

i think its just for freshening up your carpet really tho :o
    I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

RIP POOCH 5/09/94 - 17/09/07
  • tankgirl1
    tankgirl1 Posts: 4,252 Forumite
    Options
    rightio :T

i have my stardrops, and have spotcleaned my carpet, using a j-cloth :D

its still drying :p

just another quick question if i may :o - what do you think is the best thing to use? a nail brush? a scrubbing brush? i only had the j cloth to hand, and i dont think it was much good really.
    I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

RIP POOCH 5/09/94 - 17/09/07
  • Mrs_Arkwright
    Mrs_Arkwright Posts: 497 Forumite
    Options
    Good evening :)

Does anyone have any tips on how to get stains out of the carpet, really tough stains? I don't know exactly what the stains are, I think it is just the general dirt and grime of feet that has got worn into the beige carpet:o but they're proving tough to shift. Any ideas (cheap ones if possible!)?
    My sig's too large, apparently - so apologies to whoever's space I was taking up.:lipsrseal
  • Eels100
    Eels100 Posts: 984 Forumite
    Options
    This isn't very Old Style but I swear by that Vanish Oxy Action powder, which you make into a paste and dab onto the stain. It really does work (and I'm talking some pretty grotty stains here!). An alternative would be biological washing powder, which would lift general dirt and grime quite well.
  • newleaf
    newleaf Posts: 3,132 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    My MIL swears Lidl carpet cleaner is the best she has ever used. I've got some nasty marks on my beige carpet (why did that seem such a good idea at the time?) too and I really do mean to get some and try it out. (I'd also be tempted to try stardrops & warm water if you haven't already?)
    Official DFW Nerd No 096 - Proud to have dealt with my debt!
  • Mrs_Arkwright
    Options
    I haven't tried this Stardrops phenomenon yet, will have to try and find some, I don't remember ever seeing it in Tesco's, so I'll have to go and have an explore to find some.
    My sig's too large, apparently - so apologies to whoever's space I was taking up.:lipsrseal
  • newleaf
    newleaf Posts: 3,132 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Ooooh Mrs A, you must. Stardrops is a miracle potion, and incredibly, ridiculously cheap! Wilkinsons sell it, and Morrisons. It's with the cleaning stuff. It's a lovely bright golden colour in a plastic bottle now (used to be glass which put me off for years, too heavy and cumbersome). It smells very pleasant, fresh, slightly fruity, and it cleans anything and everything. It's very concentrated so you only need a few drops diluted in water. Coupled with a microfibre cloth, it's an unstoppable force!
    Official DFW Nerd No 096 - Proud to have dealt with my debt!
  • Mrs_Arkwright
    Options
    We have a Wilko's in town, I'll make a point of looking out for it next time I'm there. If it can clean my stains off the carpet, I'll be amazed!
  • nuttywoman
    nuttywoman Posts: 2,203 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Don`t think Tesco do stardrops, my local one does`nt.
    val
  • bluedog
    bluedog Posts: 502 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Savers do stardrops too for about 68p a bottle. Not seen it in Tesco's though I have heard some MSE'rs say they they've found it there.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure