Making chocolates or sweets

Comments

• jetty
    jetty Posts: 3,011 Forumite
    mardatha wrote: »
    Jetty yes it is kind of messy ! But just wait till it sets..... drooling here..

It was extremely yummy and the kids asked for seconds :D Altho eldest asked for chocolate chips in it next time!! Thanks again for the recipe :D
    Man who run into airport turn-styles is going to Bangkok

To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism; to steal from many is research ;)
  • jetty
    jetty Posts: 3,011 Forumite
    My fridge is full of Fifteens and mint chocolate :rotfl:
    Man who run into airport turn-styles is going to Bangkok

To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism; to steal from many is research ;)
  • mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    :j:D:rotfl: mine will be soon as well. But I have no kids, just us - and he doesnt like sweets :cool:
    I say I'm practising for the grandchildren's xmas hampers...:rolleyes:
  • nic2075
    nic2075 Posts: 3,025 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Ive just made a batch of Nigella's choc fudge (without nuts) its now set and amazing the kids are loving it. ive kept some in the fridge for us but the rest is in the freezer for dd's xmas fayre on the 4th.
    Im going to attempt some coconut ice and tablet later. i lurve anything made with condensed milk.

I might try the fifteens also as they sound amazing. were not big fans of glace cherries though anyone tried making them without or subsituting them with something else? i was thinking dries apricots?
    :santa2::xmastree::santa2:
  • mardatha
    Try it, should be fine. I threw in nuts and cranberries and it still tasted gorgeous. Oooh and white choc drops too...:D
  • I'm making up an assortment of things for pressies(truffles,fudge,toffees,maybesome off this thread,florentines.....)
    But des anyone know how long these would keep? Trying to avoid lots of last minute cooking and baking LOL,although i've still got 3 sock monkeys and 7 scarves to finish before I can start cooking!!
  • mardatha
    Same here, I was going to ask you all the same thing :)
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,746 Forumite
    stuff like truffles doesn't keep for long BUT toffee and fudge
    SHOULD if kept in an airtight tin/jar
    Tablet probably would too...
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • mardatha
    Tablet keeps ok in greaseproof paper in a jar... but it's stuff like Fifteens and shortbread I'm not sure about
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,746 Forumite
    You'd probably be ok with shortbread for a couple of weeks.

One word of warning - though I accept I am probably preaching to the converted IYSWIM.

DON'T use sell by dates for commercially produced stuff as a guide...they use preservatives in many products to artificially extend the shelf life!
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.9K Life & Family