Making chocolates or sweets

Comments

• jetty
    jetty Posts: 3,011 Forumite
    BTW, greaseproof paper does work :D
    Man who run into airport turn-styles is going to Bangkok

To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism; to steal from many is research ;)
  • mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    edited 15 December 2009 at 6:27PM
    This is copied and pasted from Pink Winged:

15 digestive biscuits (crushed)
    15 glace cherries (chopped)
    15 marshmallows (chopped)
    half a tin of condensed milk (approx 200-250g)
    dessicated coconut

Mix the biscuits, cherries and marshmallow in a bowl with the condensed milk. Roll into a long sausage shape on greaseproof paper sprinkled with the coconut. Chill in the fridge for a couple of hours and then slice.
  • Claire_Bear
    Claire_Bear Posts: 1,372 Forumite
    I've made the mint things before so they were a bit thicker bar at the end. The way I do it is to melt bars of value milk and white chocolate in seperate bowls, smash up a bag of hard mints with a rolling pin making sure there are some small pieces and some slightly bigger chunks. Swirl the milk and white chocolate together in a tray, sprinkle the mints on top, and swirl them around a little bit too. Then when it's set in the fridge, snap it up into pieces, it's absolutely delish. I did find that it melts very very quickly in your hand though, someone was saying it's because the chocolate isn't tempered when you melt it?
    D'you know, in 900 years of space and time, I've never met anyone who wasn't important
    The Doctor
    Taste The Rainbow :heartsmil
  • jetty
    jetty Posts: 3,011 Forumite
    mardatha wrote: »
    This is copied and pasted from Pink Winged:

15 digestive biscuits (crushed)
    15 glace cherries (chopped)
    15 marshmallows (chopped)
    half a tin of condensed milk (approx 200-250g)
    dessicated coconut

Mix the biscuits, cherries and marshmallow in a bowl with the condensed milk. Roll into a long sausage shape on greaseproof paper sprinkled with the coconut. Chill in the fridge for a couple of hours and then slice.

just made this and it's in the fridge :D Was it suppose to be a squiggy mess? I'm not sure if i used too much of the milk! :rotfl:
    Man who run into airport turn-styles is going to Bangkok

To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism; to steal from many is research ;)
  • NEgirl
    NEgirl Posts: 1,331 Forumite
    Ive made the mint chocolate today and its in the fridge setting - cant wait to try it!! :)
    Win £2012 in 2012 challenge 0/2012

Olympics challenge
    GOLD Holiday - won flights to RIO!
    SILVER Kitchenaid
    BRONZE iPad
  • mardatha
    Jetty yes it is kind of messy ! But just wait till it sets..... drooling here..
  • mardatha
    why do I always read threads like this when I have NOTHING NICE IN THE HOUSE TO EAT OR MAKE !!
  • nikki2804
    nikki2804 Posts: 2,670 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    My mum loves chocolate cover brazil nuts si I bought a packet but ate some :rolleyes: so I am going to bash up the remaining ones and mix these with choccie and put into molds. Should hopefully be nice!
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    scotrae wrote: »
    I think that I used to smash one pack of Extra Strong Mints into one 200g bar of Bourneville

I found 200g bars of Bourneville in the 99p Store recently - bought a load to make homemade choccies to give for gifts at Christmas...having just read Martin's blog I'm not sure it's such a good idea now! Having said that they will be very small bags....:money:

My plan is to make a ganache by melting chocolate into double cream and adding a dash of Cointreau. I saw the Barefoot Contessa doing something similar and felt inspired.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    nikki2804 wrote: »
    My mum loves chocolate cover brazil nuts si I bought a packet but ate some

Easly done!
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure