🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Making chocolates or sweets

Options

Comments

• Mortal
    Mortal Posts: 261 Forumite
    Options
    I think you need to upload them to a storage site like Photobucket first, then in the reply box, there's something that looks like a postcard 'button' and you post the url (http address) into it.
  • elysia2003
    elysia2003 Posts: 5,155 Forumite
    Options
    Just posting a note to say thankyou to whoever posted the 'recipe' to the after eights.

My DD's and Neice have made three batches of these today to give as gifts. We have put them in cello bags and wrapped with curling ribbon. They look (and taste) fantastic. As another poster recently said: 'we are NEVER buying after eights again!!!

So thankyou to whoever it was, and Merry Christmas to you all. As a relative new member of MSE I look forward to visiting this thread again next year. Have fun!!!

xxx
    I :heartpuls M.S.E.
    :DMortgage Free 18/01/10 13 years and 8 months early on a 20 year mortgage! :D
  • laura16_2
    Options
    I made all my sweets just finished today, thanks for the help and ideas everyone
    Sealed pot challenge 1875
  • mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    Options
    Just to add, I made all the sweeties, packed them so they looked gorgeous in a wee basket with red napkins...took them up to the daughter's all proud and pleased with meself.....to find they had all gone down with a tummy bug & nobody could face them !!! :(:(:(
  • scotrae
    scotrae Posts: 588 Forumite
    Options
    I've finally got round to making my mint crisps. I used Sainsbury Basics plain choc this year after realising it had a higher cocoa content than Bourneville. I've always spread this out on cling film in the past then broken it up into pieces. Until this year it never occurred to me to put it on greaseproof paper, as someone suggested. I tried it by putting one 'blob' on and in the fridge ... and it formed a wonderful mint chocolate round, which came off the paper really smoothly. I'm always going to make them like that in the future - much prettier in a bag!

I've got the ingredients in for fudge and 15s but need to finish a job application (again!) tonight before I start those.

I'm really glad that everyone is enjoying these.
  • lisa26_2
    lisa26_2 Posts: 2,100 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks too from me to whoever posted the recipe for chocolate mints. I also use value cho (some from tesco and some morrisons) and got 8 bags of chocs for about £3!!! I've also made the xmzs pud bon bons that someone posted on here, they are gorgeous! ANd I've made chocolate and brandy cherries, these have gone with my homemade xmas puds and plum chutney to make lovely hampers that have cost very little but look fab!!
  • nikki2804
    nikki2804 Posts: 2,670 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just got to share ...

MarzipanSweets.jpg

Made these for my nana (after managing to spill green food coloring on the carpet) and I think they were quite successful.
  • scotrae
    scotrae Posts: 588 Forumite
    Options
    Well done Nikki2804 - I'd be chuffed to bits to receive those. Merry Christmas!
  • BigMummaF
    BigMummaF Posts: 4,281 Forumite
    Options
    mardatha wrote: »
    Just to add, I made all the sweeties, packed them so they looked gorgeous in a wee basket with red napkins...took them up to the daughter's all proud and pleased with meself.....to find they had all gone down with a tummy bug & nobody could face them !!! :(:(:(
    What a shame Mar...does it mean you'll have to keep them yourself? I'm sure you'll cope somehow....:rotfl:[hope you didn't bring The Bug home with you :o]
    Full time Carer for Mum; harassed mother of three;
    loving & loved by two 4-legged babies.

• mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    Options
    :D I left them, am sure some of the kids will get better fast. And I stood in the middle of the floor, touching nothing, with a pillowslip over me head and just breathed and talked through it . Honest :p
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 6 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport