Please check the MSE coronavirus guides:
Coronavirus Help & Your Rights * Coronavirus Travel Rights

For any specific Coronavirus related queries please post on the Coronavirus boards:
Coronavirus Support & Help * Coronavirus Travel Help & Info

Premier Inn - Money Back Guarantee

Hi

I'm interested in hearing from people who have requested their money back from a Premier Inn after a night's stay.

- Was it easy?
- Question free(ish)?
- A friendly transaction?

They seem big on using the guarantee as a selling point. Interested in hearing if they live up to their word.

Thanks

Replies

• Premier_2Premier_2 Forumite
    15.1K Posts
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Horrendous.

In my experience, you'll be lucky to get your money back from the hotel unless the manager accepts they've made a mistake themselves.

If you are not happy, complain direct to Whitbread. I had a damn good reason with a police incident report to back up my claim.
    Whitbread didn't even give me a proper refund then, but gift vouchers to the equivilent value.
    Fortunately at the time, I was using them a lot (different locations), but not much use if it's a one off visit.
    "Now to trolling as a concept. .... Personally, I've always found it a little sad that people choose to spend such a large proportion of their lives in this way but they do, and we have to deal with it." - MSE Forum Manager 6th July 2010
  • dmg24dmg24
    33.9K Posts
    Forumite
    As an ex PTI employee, I would disagree with Premier. Perhaps it varies according to location?

At my old PTI, as long as the complaint was genuine, we would refund without question. However, we would expect the complaint to be reported to us when it happened, not in the morning when there was no chance to resolve it ... or prove that it had happened!
    Gone ... or have I?
  • Premier_2Premier_2 Forumite
    15.1K Posts
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    I would accept it may be location dependant.

I have used the chain a lot (both before & after the incident) and only ever had the one occassion to complain, so can only comment on what I experienced at that specific location.
    "Now to trolling as a concept. .... Personally, I've always found it a little sad that people choose to spend such a large proportion of their lives in this way but they do, and we have to deal with it." - MSE Forum Manager 6th July 2010
  • I'm a company travel manager and have to say that Premier have always lived up to their money back promise if they have been unable to resolve an issue raised by guest at the time of stay.
  • AdalineAdaline Forumite
    269 Posts
    I found it very easy when I stayed at the one in King's Cross. I'd had a horrendous night due to things in the room not working, and being next to the generator outside which was incredibly loud (despite asking for a quiet room) which meant I didn't sleep, and then trying to speak on the phone to someone in reception for over half and hour, but they never picked up. When I mentioned this to the lady on reception the next day, without thinking to ask for a refund (I just wanted them to think about the generator problem), she immediately offered the price of the room back, and refunded my credit card there and then. I was really impressed that they stood by their promise of refunding for a bad night's sleep.
  • edited 21 November 2009 at 5:32PM
    NileNile Forumite
    14.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 21 November 2009 at 5:32PM
    I have quoted their 'Good Night Guarantee' a couple of times, at different Premier Inn hotels, when making a complaint....................and was given a full refund each time without any hassle.

One time it was for faulty bath/hand basin plumbing and another was for excessive noise (at 3am) which prevented a good nights sleep. Both were reported to reception immediately and the refund was offered straight away. ;)
    Hi, I'm the Board Guide on the In my home (includes DIY) and the I wanna buy-it or do-it boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember that Board Guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to [email protected]. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com.

10 Dec 2007 - Led Zeppelin - I was there. :j :cool2: I wear my 50 (gold/red/white) blood donations pin badge with pride. Give blood, save a life.
  • I disagree as well. I had cause to use it in October when I was given a room that had only been painted the previous day. I left the windows open while I was out for dinner, and thought it was a bit better when I returned, but woke up with a sore throat, streaming nose and banging headache.

The receptionist didn't quibble when I asked for my money back, and suggested that they didn't use that floor for a while. Couldn't fault it.
    :A MSE's turbo-charged CurlyWurlyGirly:A
    ;)Thinks Naughty Things Too Much Clique Member No 3, 4 & 5 ;)
  • edited 21 November 2009 at 10:10PM
    shiningdoveshiningdove Forumite
    261 Posts
    edited 21 November 2009 at 10:10PM
    I currently work for Premier Inn.
    I've happily given someone their money back today.

They had a problem with noise - a nearby factory was playing with loudspeakers late last night. It was the only complaint i had on it thismorning, but i happily gave it back.

As long as its not taking the buiscit fair enough. I've had one couple claim that his 'poor' wife got an electric shock from a plastic light switch... it isn't rocket science?

Obviously no business is overjoyed at giving everyone money back, so if it sounds like a rubbish reason they are bound to question it. I mean we don't really give money back (enless you know its a bloody amazing reason) if they haven't actually slept yet.

I've had a man come to me saying he didn't like his room - i moved him rooms, he didn't have enough towels in his new room (we only make them up as singles enless prebooked) and the third thing was that the batteries in his remote had run out - and for that he wanted his money back.. third time and i'm out where his words. We didn't give him his money back for that.

Also if you have problems with other guests making noise.. it goes down better if you tell reception when its happening, rather than waiting til the morning and telling us then.
  • Mrs_RyanMrs_Ryan Forumite
    11.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    We got our money back in Edinburgh when there was gale force winds blowing and the window catch was broken, we didnt realise this until we were trying to sleep! The hotel was full that night so there wasnt anything they could do - they happily refunded.
    However in one hotel in London we were being harrassed by the male night porter (two females, one of whom does not have English as a first language so didnt really know how to speak up) and they did bog all - we were too frightened to sleep as we knew he could get into the room :eek:

However I did got a nice email from the hotel manager later assuring me that the employee concerned would be severely disciplined as his behaviour was in no way acceptable. That was fair enough -wasnt really bothered too much about a refund but for all the money I paid it wasnt an ideal situation!
    *The F,P,and R fan club* #GravyRulesOK
    ‘Don’t Be Bitter- Glitter!* #PrestonIsLife
    Dad- 20.02.2020. I used to be his Angel, now he is mine.
    Proud triple graduate- BA (Hons) 2017 OU, MA 2019 DMU, BSc Open 2022 OU ❤️
  • Premier wrote: »
    Horrendous.

In my experience, you'll be lucky to get your money back from the hotel unless the manager accepts they've made a mistake themselves.

If you are not happy, complain direct to Whitbread. I had a damn good reason with a police incident report to back up my claim.
    Whitbread didn't even give me a proper refund then, but gift vouchers to the equivilent value.
    Fortunately at the time, I was using them a lot (different locations), but not much use if it's a one off visit.

I disagree totally
    I stay in a premier travel inn twice a week for 6 months a year
    In the last month I have had 3 refunds without question or fuss
    All were for things that should have been sorted
    Rotherham 2 men fighting dogs in hotel car park at 3am no police called despite ringing reception had to do it ourselves

Hastings situtaed in a room over the fans that the kitchen should of turned off after cooking finished left running all night,plus urine stains and strong smell on boarding behind loo,I accepted it being wiped with bleach did not ask for refund but they insisted

Leeds asked for quiet room put next to two male shift workers who were in corridor on mobiles at 3am ! also the bathroom fan did not work and no soap in dispenser
    Having said that only had 3 dodgy ones out of probably 24 different sites in the last few months

Premier travel inn are excellent generally
    "Very funny, Scotty. Now beam down my clothes." :cool:

All truth goes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Then, it is violently opposed. Finally, it is accepted as self-evident.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Fans demand refunds from Leeds Festival

...after Rage Against The Machine pulls out

MSE News

The 'Ask An Expert' event

Check out last week's energy-themed Q&A with MSE's experts

MSE Forum

Free museums & galleries

Where to get your culture fix across the UK

MSE Deals