Mega strong weed killer?

Options

Comments

• Inactive
    Inactive Posts: 14,509 Forumite
    Options
    isofa wrote: »
    Just a simple blowtorch, or a special long lance garden weedkilling blowtorch (most good garden centres will sell them) won't harm the environment and will kill them instantly.

I'm sure that Gromit will say that it uses fuel so will harm the planet.:rolleyes:
  • andrewman
    andrewman Posts: 79 Forumite
    Options
    I need a weedkiller which will kill the japenese knotweed, tried some weedkiller given to me, but it was useless. Need something stronger, someone mentioned round up, is this any good for these stubburn weeds. All ideas welcome.

thanks
  • Magnolia
    Magnolia Posts: 1,271 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Seems a suit of armour is required!!! :eek:

http://www.japaneseknotweedcontrol.com/safety.pdf
    Mags - who loves shopping
  • SailorSam
    SailorSam Posts: 22,754 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    What are you saying meadfox because they have killed off thier rivers and seas around Asia, we should do the same.
    If you really believe that these chemicals do little harm try emptying a couple of the containers of B&Q weedkiller straight down your well. come back next year and let us all know how many frogs you have, if you don't come back i'll presume you've been drinking the water yourself.
    Seems a pity that you wait all this time to make your first post, and then make a show of yourself by talking rubbish.
    Liverpool is one of the wonders of Britain,
    What it may grow to in time, I know not what.

Daniel Defoe: 1725.
  • NorhternMonkey
    Options
    meadfox wrote: »
    The green lobby, the European Union, the so-called do-gooders, the nosy parker's, the carbon footprint manipulators, the health and safety politburo -- all have far too much influence and are themselves now wrecking the environment in which I find myself living. No doubt I will be labelled as a silly old fool by these people but many of them are quite young and can't remember the freedoms and liberty which I enjoyed in earlier years. The soothsayers talk about the welfare of the planet, but have they worked in Indonesia, India, the Far East? Have they witnessed in person, the massive pollution, the anarchy, the rubbish? -- probably not.! If they had, then they will probably realise that no matter what we do in this part of the world it is but a drop of water in a very large ocean.
    So there.
    Silly old fool!:naughty:

:T well said :T

I think a lot of people have nothing else to worry about. The SMALL amount of chemicals we use is nothing compaired to the pollution Indonesia, India, and the Far East are producing, not to mention the USA who are also littering Space?!:confused:
  • artha
    artha Posts: 5,254 Forumite
    Options
    Another non chemical method is to use boiling water. It basically just cooks them to death. I don't have access to one and therefore haven't tried it but I assume a domestic steam cleaner would do the same thing.
    Awaiting a new sig
  • elephant-astic
    Options
    gromituk wrote: »
    All you need is an ability to be able to understand the simplest of graphs to see that the rate of global warming cannot possibly be to do with any natural cycle. But as "the earth's temperature varies naturally" is still something that can be used by oil companies as an excuse to persuade the extremely hard of thinking to keep consuming their product, it's bound to dupe a few even now.
    The problem with the graphs is that both sides of the anthropogenic climate change arguement have statisticians, and unfortunately there are people on both sides with agendas other than getting to the truth of the matter.

Personally I think that humans are having an effect on global climate, but it's one of those discussions which, experience has taught, just isn't worth bothering with online -Most people tend to come to the debate with fixed positions and can probably produce an "authoritative" source, of some kind, which backs it up. :confused:
  • m3rzs
    m3rzs Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    hi, just thougt i would say, ive just put some sodium cholrate on mares tail/(sat afternoon) by sundat afternoon the weed was black and starting to wilt. however ive just heard that this stuff goes off market in november and must not be used after may 2010.
  • johhny2204
    johhny2204 Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 27 June 2009 at 11:59PM
    Options
    :hello:Hi all from a newbie, I'll give the steam gun a try, see what happens and let you know the result. A farmer friend of mine let me have some industrial strength stuff called GALLUP. It's similar in effect to Roundup but it REALLY works. I used it on knotweed 3 years ago and it hasn't come back. I don't suppose ordinary mortals can buy it though:naughty:. A good, cheap, long acting killer for drives and paths is brine, the stuff they spread on the roads in winter. Just sprinkle it on and wait for rain or water it in. Jeyes fluid kills off a lot of stuff as well.
  • johnpaul74
    johnpaul74 Posts: 142 Forumite
    Options
    I've been hearing sodium cholrate from alot of people so I will give that, or Roundup a bash.

Probably a daft question, but is sodium cholrate sold at B&Q? :confused:

Cheers in advance guys :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family