🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Zig's 'Save for a House and Stay out of Debt' Diary!

Options

Comments

• zigmeister
    zigmeister Posts: 1,099 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you Maria, MissElvis, Wendz and Cinny :o

I hope it all works out, I'm fed up of feeling sick, teary and stressed. OH was talking to my sister on facebook chat the other night and I saw their convo and he had said to my sister that he's jealous she's single and out meeting people.

He says to me that he wants the same as me in the future, but surely he doesn't if he's jealous of single people?

Anywho - money.

I think I owe some money on my overdraft, but not sure how much. I'll work it out in a mo. Me and OH have planned to go to Cornwall for my 21st, which will cost £180 each for 3 nights in Watergate Bay Hotel, and 3 meals, 1 of which is at Fifteen. I can use the money which otherwise would have gone into my savings to pay for this though.
    Total Debt (Dec 2015) £11,500 : Currently £7,675
    House Deposit Savings : £8,600/£25,000
    Lose 21lb : 0/21
  • ruby_eskimo
    ruby_eskimo Posts: 4,543 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    You aren't on the pill by any chance (personal question I know) but when I was on Cerazette I was like the monster from hell. If I didn't want to kill everyone (i'm not kidding, I got that angry) then I was balling my eyes out for no reason whatsoever! Since I stopped taking it 4 months ago I've been perfectly fine. The Boyfriend even commented yesterday that I seemed to much happier and "smilier" the last couple of months and not so tired and definitely more relaxed about everything.

Of course if you aren't on the pill then disregard the above. Hopefully the Dr can help you and maybe refer you to counselling to help with the anxiety/panic attacks. But by the sounds of it your other half isn't really helping matters if he's talking to your sister a lot.

Sending big hugs your way!
    Emergency Fund - £7992.62 / £10,000 :: Total Mortgage OP - £34,692
    LISA 24/25 - £0 / £4000 :: NSD 2024 - 13 / 180 :: Moving Fund: £838.83 :: Decluttering - 143 / 365
    Engaged 9th December 2010 :: Married 29th October 2015 :: Bought a House 13th January 2017
  • zigmeister
    Options
    Thanks Ruby :)

I was on the implant but had it removed in September so at the moment I'm not on anything. So it's just me! :o
  • ruby_eskimo
    Options
    zigmeister wrote: »
    Thanks Ruby :)

I was on the implant but had it removed in September so at the moment I'm not on anything. So it's just me! :o

It does take a while for the hormones to sort themselves out so don't rule it out completely! :grouphug:
    Emergency Fund - £7992.62 / £10,000 :: Total Mortgage OP - £34,692
    LISA 24/25 - £0 / £4000 :: NSD 2024 - 13 / 180 :: Moving Fund: £838.83 :: Decluttering - 143 / 365
    Engaged 9th December 2010 :: Married 29th October 2015 :: Bought a House 13th January 2017
  • Dinah93
    Dinah93 Posts: 11,463 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    I'd be feeling pretty betrayed by my sister in your shoes, she seems to be bonding with your OH rather than being there for you when you're clearly very upset by the whole thing. I can completely understand why things with your OH are getting on top of you.

When is your 21st? I hate to seem harsh just your OH is sending off some really nasty signals atm, and I wouldn't want to book it until he settles down.

Hope the doctors makes you feel better x
    Debt January 1st 2018 £96,999.81
    Debt September 20th 2022 £2991.68- 96.92% paid off
    Met NIM 23/06/2008
  • zigmeister
    Options
    It does take a while for the hormones to sort themselves out so don't rule it out completely! :grouphug:

Yeah I guess it was only a couple of months ago so hopefully everything will be back to normal soon!

That did cross my mind Dinah, as negative as it is! :o My 21st is the 26th March, so I can leave it a little while longer to book it. My sister is being horrible to everyone (except OH and her mates) at the moment, so I'm not taking it personally. She's 18 and only just discovered boys and drinking so she is making the most of it but she has become really arrogant and selfish.

Things seem to be good today with us, but obviously it's only been one day. I had an argument with my sister last night and she said 'no wonder OH has had enough of you' which hurt. So he sent her a message saying that it was wrong for her to say that etc. It was nice for him to defend me for once.
  • Cinny91
    Cinny91 Posts: 6,022 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Glad he stuck up for you Zig - tbh though, I have to agree with Dinah on the holiday thing. I wouldn't want to be near OH if he was like that with me let alone go away with him.
    Hope it all works out for you two though, you sempt pretty solid before all this.
  • Tete_en_l'Air
    Options
    Aw Zig I've just caught up - so sorry things have gone downhill again after you seemed to sort it out. I think it's a good idea to see about moving in with Nan as soon as you can, it will do you good to have some unconditional loving support behind you at home. I think sometimes where we would normally handle bad sitations well, when there are a few things going wrong/that are stressful - in your case uni and money, then it can really affect you so you're bound to be feeling teary etc. Glad you're going to the docs. I can't believe what your OH said to you either and tbh I think it sounds like both he and your sis are behaving like spoiled brats (sorry) - take care of yourself petal xx
    Weightloss: 14.5/65lb
  • misselvis
    Options
    sending positive vibes to you my dear. 18 year olds are a different breed so try not to personalise her actions as hard as that might sound. I agree with all of the good advice from above, winter has been horrendous what with the lack of daylight and possible money worries it can all get too much. me thinks that you and OH should plan a cheap yet fun day out even if its a walk and picnic (yes in this weather) something that takes you out of your environment and talk about fun things. hopefully this should give you both time to breathe and reflect on the positives about your relationship. good luck fingers crossed for GP visit xx
    misselvis proud and in motion - dealing with her debts step by step :)DFW #107
    challenge pay off 6.5k by the end of 2017~ £388/£6500 challenge 1% challenge = 6% of debt cleared; challenge - build up 3 months emergency fund- £0/£6000
  • zigmeister
    Options
    You guys are so lovely, I got a bit teary! :o
    Cinny91 wrote: »
    Hope it all works out for you two though, you sempt pretty solid before all this.

Yeah me too, it kinda all came out of the blue... He's being helpful tonight and it doesn't feel so awkward which is nice.

Tete, everything you said is right. I have a kinda theory that because they are both middle children they are used to having the eldest dealing with responsibility etc more and so are more laidback. But that could be rubbish!

We're gonna go look at bikes on Sat - he has planned to buy me one so we can go on bike rides so that'd be good. :) I like the idea of a walk and picnic. We need to spend more quality time together.

I'm a bit nervous about asking my Nan if I can come and stay early, because I told them June the other week. :o

Some good money news - I won £15 on BB! And my step-mum has been having twinges so we think the baby wil be born very soon.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business