Debtbegone's Debtbusting Diary

Options

Comments

• debtbegone
    debtbegone Posts: 1,007 Forumite
    Options

I was so peed off with myself yesterday fro not having any willpower, but I have learnt from it and am going to stick to my budgetting properly - no more blips :)

Ooohh, £95 would be so nice right now for me too :D

I've woken up with the start of a cold, so maybe that's part of my grumpy/wound-upness!

Things are looking up so far today. Ebay listings that are ending tonight have bids/watchers (here's hoping watchers bid :rolleyes:) up to nearly £50 on the ones that have bids.

Checked my cc balance today and they've sorted out the fraudulent transactions so my balance has come down by £145 :D well pleased, still none the wiser as to how they got my details in the first place though :mad:

I think I'll get the boyf to make a bit extra curry the next time we do one and I'll do the thermos experiment, a nice thai green would be much welcomed at lunch times!

List for today is:
    *work my bum off at work to get as much done as poss
    *edit the photos I took last night
    *do my exercise
    *keep resisting the spending on random crap online
    *make truffles, have everything in for them and those little bites of chocolate would me most welcomed in my lunch bag :D
    *do a washing
    *make my lunch tonight for tomorrow

let the list begin . . . .
    The debtWILLbegone - taking it 1% at a time
    Grand Total Owed:
    [STRIKE]£11,000[/STRIKE]£9962 Kicking the evil HBOS card's butt: [STRIKE]£4920[/STRIKE]£4495
    1% (£50) at a time member #121 - 11/100

• so_here_we_are
    Options
    Don't worry too much about the blip, (i think am becoming thw queen of blips) you are still Padding and once in a while is a bad thing it gets it out of your system and you can focus again. I too have made my lunhc again and I am living on Cold Pasta broccoli and mushrooms, am additcted and love it.
    As for shopping, when you do finally go make sure you have a plan and a list and have worked out everything before you set foot in the door of a shop/supermarket. Make sure you know what you want and stick to it. Also if you do like your Fizzy drinks buy the 2 litre bottles (they work out cheaper) and pour them into smaller bottle to take to work. Also have you tried NSD (No spend days) thread its almost as addictive as PADDING.
    The idea is to spend less so it gets you focused on what you need, so you get it all on one day and don't spend again on other days. It can sometimes help the urges to buy snacks and it starts you not wanting to buy small thing so you can keep you NSD.

Hope that all makes sense and sorry its so long

SHWA:D
    1vs 100 £50
    5500/335.25 (5.5K COMING DOWN)
    20.00/10,000(10K GOING UP)
    Not long now
    :)
  • shazzle
    shazzle Posts: 114 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 18 November 2009 at 2:36PM
    Options
    Hi DBG
    You are doing so great you should be proud of yourself. This site raises conciousness about most of our lifestyle/spending habits and the fact you DO something to change is awesome Trust me this really is just the start.......
    All the best and good luck x x x x x shazzle x x x x x
  • ZarZar1990
    Options
    Keep going DBG, you're doing sooo well! :D
    :j

The fast food ban continues for me, hope you're well x
    xxx
    Personal Loan: Start: £22020:eek: Now: £18800 :j

Credit Card: £600

Overdraft: £500
  • debtbegone
    Options
    Thanks for the tips shwa, hope you're ok :) I think I saw a diary of yours earlier? - I've actually fallen in love with mushrooms, used to hate them so much, but just reading about them now is making me :drool:

I've tried nsd a couple of times before, the last time I made a massvie mistake of trying to majorly bulk make lunches and freeze them, and I ended up hating them. I think December might be the month for trying to get back in the nsd way :)

Thanks shazzle- this time round I think it's my real :idea: and am noticing a difference in my attitude already (apart from the little blip :o)

Great to hear you're managing to avoid the fastfood zar - keep it up :)
    debtbegone wrote: »
    List for today is:
    [STRIKE]*work my bum off at work to get as much done as poss[/STRIKE]
    *edit the photos I took last night
    [STRIKE]*do my exercise[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]*keep resisting the spending on random crap online[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]*make truffles, have everything in for them and those little bites of chocolate would me most welcomed in my lunch bag :D[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]*do a washing[/STRIKE]
    *make my lunch tonight for tomorrow

Once I log off I'm going to get my lunch made, the photos can wait till tomorrow :o I managed to get 4 really funky jars in the charity shop today for the grand total of £1 :D was just in on a random browse and saw them, they're perfect for the sweetie jars for my siblings & boyfs parents so well chuffed and I resisted buying anything else while I was in town :)

ebay items went for just over £50 in the end, waiting for payment then it'll go straight towards the od fund, few items didn't sell so they've been relisted since they all had a few watchers each, fingers crossed!
    Grand Total Owed:
    [STRIKE]£11,000[/STRIKE]£9962 Kicking the evil HBOS card's butt: [STRIKE]£4920[/STRIKE]£4495

• ZarZar1990
    Options
    Ahh well done on the jars!
    I haven't been in a charity shop yet, but it's my first port of call next time I go into town! :)
    I've bought some Christmas hamper boxes off eBay for £9.23 for 8 boxes (Including P&P, which I think is good) Gonna buy some more, if I don't see any in town.
    Hope your bringing in lunch mission continues! :D
    xxx

• debtbegone
    Options
    Hullo!

Flying visit as I'm supposed to be working :o

List for today:

*work butt off at work
    *edit photos (they're now on the comp so won't have an excuse)
    *do exercise
    *have a nsd
    *do another washing
    *Make my lunch for tomorrow
    *dig out christmas decs from loft :xmastree:
    Grand Total Owed:

• Lemon_Tree
    Lemon_Tree Posts: 10,202 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    i've got one of those food flasks and they're really good. I've always heated them up well before i've used them but they came in really handy when i worked somewhere with no microwave.
  • ZarZar1990
    Options
    Keep up the good work DBG :) :j

• debtbegone
    Options
    Thanks for the info LemonTree, I'm going to give it a go in my normal thermos, need to get the boyf to make some curry :)

Thanks Zar :) You're doing uber well too!
    debtbegone wrote: »
    Hullo!

Flying visit as I'm supposed to be working :o

List for today:
    [STRIKE]
    *work butt off at work[/STRIKE]
    *edit photos (they're now on the comp so won't have an excuse)
    [STRIKE]*do exercise[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]*have a nsd[/STRIKE]
    *do another washing
    [STRIKE]*Make my lunch for tomorrow[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]*dig out christmas decs from loft :xmastree:
    [/STRIKE]

Couple of things I didn't manage to get done today, they'll go back on the list tomorrow.

NSD today though :D Going to go to bed early, had a knackering day at work and it'll be the same tomorrow :cool:
    Grand Total Owed:

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport