Options
12346»

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,096 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    ??? I am a bit upset.
    I have been with Safeway for my mini ISA since i found out from this site about a year ago that it was the best rate.
    All over my paperwork it says my banking relationship is with Abbey, so when i have checked on this forum on a monthly basis and have seen that Abbey have the best rates i have assumed that i have still been on the best deal.
    I received a letter from Safeway this morning telling me my rate as of the 01/07/04 will be 4.8%, but noticed from backdated posts that Abbey where paying 4.85% months ago.
    Has anyone else made this mistake or am i just slipping.

What is Abbeys rate at the moment? I am so annoyed >:(
  • aagoren
    aagoren Posts: 18 Forumite
    Options
    ???
    I have been with Safeway for my mini ISA since i found out from this site about a year ago that it was the best rate.
    All over my paperwork it says my banking relationship is with Abbey, so when i have checked on this forum on a monthly basis and have seen that Abbey have the best rates i have assumed that i have still been on the best deal.
    >:(

First if you are visiting this forum on a monthly basis for a year, why not joining us here as a permanent user instead of a guest?

Second Abbey offer now 5.1% and guarenty to be 0.5% above BOE till 05/04/05.

And third Safeway acount managed in Abbey Bank the same as Abbey CC run by MBNA.
    Either Abbey and Safeway can offer different product and they don't have to be linked.

Sorry you a bit upset but if you'll register and get the weekly Email you probably be able to follow the news much better.

Learn from the mistakes of others - you won't live long enough to make them all yourself.
  • Suzz_2
    Suzz_2 Posts: 154 Forumite
    Options

So if it take longer than 4 weeks to transfer the money from the older provider complain, you may get some compensation  ;D.

Ag,

I requested to transfer my ISA to Abbey at the end of June. The other BS (Principality) say they contacted Abbey on 7 Jul to agree the t/fer but haven,t heard back from them.

Can you tell me where do Abbey specify they'll complete the transfer in 4 weeks so I can quote them? I'd like to get my hands on £20 too...

(They took about 7 weeks to open the account as I was paying cash in too)
  • btbloke
    btbloke Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    I applied for an Abbey ISA in the branch..... the day after they changed all the application conditions! Make sure you take everything you own to prove who you are. I was very impressed with the speed and the pack came through within a week. I was told in the branch that you can only pay money in by sending a cheque in the post with a form. They sent me 2 forms in the post which isn't much help. I have phoned twice now for more forms and I've had two more application forms sent instead. It does say in the pack that you can transfer funds via direct debit so it's not a post-only isa after all.

BTB.
    Regards

Mark
  • ohit
    ohit Posts: 370 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Any idea if this Postal ISA account can be added to their online banking service etc. to do stuff??

I just can't understand how a postal account is cheaper for them to admin (hence higher interest rate) than an Internet-only type ISA account...
  • Suzz_2
    Options
    Well, I've just sent a complaint off to Abbey (in one of their pre-paid envelopes), 'cos there's still no sign of the transfer I requested on 30-Jun. :(

Hopefully I'll get some compensation. :-/
  • aagoren
    aagoren Posts: 18 Forumite
    Options
    Well, I've just sent a complaint off to Abbey (in one of their pre-paid envelopes), 'cos there's still no sign of the transfer I requested on 30-Jun.  :(

Icomplaint and got £20 into the account. good luck

Learn from the mistakes of others - you won't live long enough to make them all yourself.
  • Suzz_2
    Options
    Well, I've just sent a complaint off to Abbey (in one of their pre-paid envelopes), 'cos there's still no sign of the transfer I requested on 30-Jun.  :(

Update....     I've heard nothing ......  >:(

(Perhaps foolishly) I've gone and requested another transfer - this time used Abbey's forms, before I asked the other BS to arrange it.  I'm annoyed at the wait but the extra interest will be worth it... eventually...

If I don't hear anything by 28 days after complaining, I'll be threatening them with the FOS.

Then as soon as something better comes along, I'll get out.
  • Suzz_2
    Options
    We... guess what... no reply to my complaint; not even an acknowledgement!

Still no sign of my tansfer... cash is still with the Principlaity, they're 'waiting for Abbey to respond to them, to confirm they'll accept the transfer - since 7-Jul'.

28 days have passed. I've written them another letter, saying answer in 2 weeks or I'm off to the FOS.

After all this they had better come back with a big compensation payment. I'll take it and transfer my account from them as soon as possible. Don't care if I do get a slightly lower rate... They really are useless!!! >:( >:( >:(
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure