A Payment A Day - Part Six!

Options

Comments

• mooomin
    mooomin Posts: 13,703 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Nice one FF :T and has he replied yet????
    Nothing yet, don't worry you'll hear when/if he does!

Also £2 PAD for me today please!
  • PurpleJellyFish
    Options
    HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE

What a fab total for December - thank you for the totting up Gilli.

You looking forward to your stint Green?

PaD for me today of £72.67 please
  • Greenbynature
    Options
    Good morning all
    Hope there isn't too many out there with sore heads this morning?? I haven't but am tired from all the bloody phone calls/texts I got after midnight!!! Comes to something when I'm tucked up in bed and my parents ring me half sozzled at 1am lol now if I'd done that to them in my younger days they'd have gone mad!!
    Millie went out to have a wee at midnight last night, DS3 let her out and wow did she move when the first fireworks went off :rotfl:Bolt's got nothing on her :rotfl::rotfl: poor baby - she wee'd all over the floor!!!! She was terrified.

DS4 came in just after 12 trying to act like he hadn't had a drink!! I let him go to his mate's party a couple of roads away from us, I said he could see the new year in and straight back home, apart from the fact his eyes were red and his breath reeked when he gave me a kiss - I couldn't tell much!!! Gave him a telling off but I very much doubt he took any of it in and insisted he'd only had 1 can - hmmm yeah right!!!

Pad for today is £9.66 ISA (rounding down account and 15p interest) £5 cap1 cc

£14.66
    Debt @ LBM - £25,722 Debt now - £11,811 DFD - April 2012 :eek: :eek:
    Payment a day challenge - 8/8/08 - £8669.73:jISA - £127.07
    Sealed Pot Challenge #283 £489.50 for 2009//£353 for 2010
    Stopped smoking 1/11/2010 - money saved so far:£515:D
  • Greenbynature
    Options
    HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE

What a fab total for December - thank you for the totting up Gilli.

You looking forward to your stint Green?

PaD for me today of £72.67 please

Erm no :rotfl: have got my pen, pad and calculator ready :D (me and spreadsheets don't get on very well) I must've read each post twice to make sure I haven't missed a pad lol
  • vampirotoothus
    Options
    Hi

HAPPY NEW YEAR.

1st payment of my plan £99.33 to CC.

Thanks
    Janey
  • Paulgonnabedebtfree
    Options
    Our PAD Annual total is......

£486,389.03!

HSstars.gifHSstars.gifHSstars.gifHSstars.gifHSstars.gifHSstars.gif

That is a fantastic achievement and not far off the £500,000 target we jokingly set!

When I first suggested half a million, although it didn't show on here, I did it in a very tongue in cheek manner. At that time, the totals were running at around £30k a month with an odd blip either way. I didn't even expect it to reach £400k. I didn't allow for more new people joining the thread. I just expected that some people would pay off their debts and leave, and others would replace them. Of course, some people have paid off and stuck around to PAD their savings and the number of subscribers seems to have grown.
    Me, well I'll be around for a long time yet. My debt level will be going through the roof in January once my tax bill is calculated. It will probably wipe out (and more) everything I have paid so far.
    It doesn't matter.
    A year ago such a bill would have wiped me out financially. Thanks to the forum and this thread, I now have the tools to pick up the pieces and get through this. All the bits and pieces where I have trimmed my spending throughout 2009 will be in place for the START of 2010. I now boil loads of mixed vegetables in one huge saucepan and just stick them in individual portions in the freezer. I can eat well and healthily for £15 a week now with room to spare. Apart from a loaf of speciality bread that tempted me a while back, I don't think I've paid more than 35p a loaf in ages. The unneeded term assurance (no dependants) is ancient history. The mobile phone contract is now a dried blot on a rapidly diminishing landscape (I can manage this for under £8 a month on Asda PAYG - and that includes business calls). I even have enough fairy liquid to last me for years (50% deal a while back) and that's pretty good considering I'm a window cleaner. Every annual renewal I do over the phone, I haggle until they give me what I want or something close to it. I'm a pain in the rear end. I even get to phone Spain on my landline for 2p a minute (not gone to Skype yet).
    I do wish I had a bit of garden for veg growing. I just have a small balcony on my flat - and some of that space is needed to charge batteries (can't do it indoors as it can give off fumes). I don't have the time to manage an allotment even if there is one available.
    I just need time in January to sort out my home a bit more and to catch up with a work backlog, then I will be door knocking for more window cleaning work. The work is still out there - though a little harder to come by than it once was. By mid summer I intend to be turning over about 30% more in a month than I managed last summer. This is very achievable.
    These aren't actually new year resolutions but they are statements of intent.
    Who knows, by 2012 I might be PADing half a million on my own :D
  • Paulgonnabedebtfree
    Options
    Erm no :rotfl: have got my pen, pad and calculator ready :D (me and spreadsheets don't get on very well) I must've read each post twice to make sure I haven't missed a pad lol

Is this any good to you?

http://www.rightmove.co.za/Classifieds/Abacus/289.html
  • Greenbynature
    Greenbynature Posts: 2,562 Forumite
    Options

Cheeky bugg3r Paul :p:T (bit too close to the truth :rotfl:)
  • Greenbynature
    Greenbynature Posts: 2,562 Forumite
    Options
    I do hope 2010 works out well for you Paul - your very determined and always seem so positive.
    I've also learn a lot since joining this site and I regularly go on the old style forum and the food shopping one for hints/tips and savings. My grocery bill per month is nowhere near what it used to be.

Can't believe I joined 2 years ago this month!! Just feel a bit down that I haven't paid off as much as I would have liked but at least my debt is going down and not up!!
  • dankosheemo
    dankosheemo Posts: 1,243 Forumite
    Options
    :j :beer: HAPPY NEW YEAR GUYS! :beer: :j

So how many hangovers have we got in the house today?? ;) :rotfl: Tell you what though, polished off lots of yummy red wine last night and to my surprise I'm doing good!

Just reading those totals, GO TEAM!! Bloomin' awesome to see those totals and a real good kick start to 2010. So much so I'm going to throw 5.73 GBP for my first PAD of the new year.

Studenty maintenance loans and grants arrive in the bank on Monday which means some big PADs (naughty I know) and apparently some bursary money due to arrive at the end of the week with my pay so :D Gotta book Chicago hotels for my summer lolidays but other than that going to PAD some more.

Nice long weekend ahead people. Hope you all have a fab time and catch y'all later!
    xx
    :j (2013) :j
    * Virgin Atlantic [STRIKE]£2,837.01[/STRIKE] £2,835* B'card [STRIKE]£851.51[/STRIKE] £850 * Egg [strike]£5,608.83[/strike] £5,608.83 * Mint [STRIKE]£816.13[/STRIKE] £770 *
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure