New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

HM Lollies

edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Old Style MoneySaving
143 replies 13K views

Replies

• sarahsarahsarahsarah Forumite
    332 posts
    Ooooh I want some next time I go to Lakeland!

I would clean them with a bottle brush for baby bottles...
  • LJMLJM Forumite
    4.5K posts
    they had lolly moulds in our local poundshop last week i had some anyway i like putting orange juice in mine
    :xmastree:Is loving life right now,yes I am a soppy fool who believes in the simple things in life :xmastree:
  • We've just bought a mould for 89p from B and M Bargains, which makes six lollies :)

• kitschkittykitschkitty Forumite
    3.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    se999 wrote: »
    I just wonder how easy the lakeland ones are to clean, unless you can turn them inside out to clean. I doubt with the shape if they'd clean in a dishwasher. The B&Q ones look good, except for not being OK for the dishwasher either, but at least you can get to it relatively easily to clean.

Silicone cleans really easily in my experience, so I should think they'd be fine.

I know you can get the normal ones in poundland and the like, but I don't think I'd really have the room in the freezer for them. :o
    A waist is a terrible thing to mind.
  • kazwookiekazwookie Forumite
    12.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looking to buy some lolly moulds, so gonig to pinch sonme of your ideas on this thread!!
    :) Sun, Sea :)

• Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • kazwookiekazwookie Forumite
    12.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The lakeland stuff just seems so expensive.

I 'think' B & Q have some at a cheaper price, they are only going to get used a could of times per year, when OH's GS (2) visits,

Some great ideas for lollies as well, thank you
    :) Sun, Sea :)

• DizzyK_2DizzyK_2 Forumite
    89 posts
    Yoghurt pots?
    :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]
    0 posts
    10,000 Posts I've been Money Tipped!
    MoneySaving Newbie
    I make up a small bottle of orange squash in a plastic drinks bottle and stick it in the freezer so it gets really almost like a slushypuppy then sit and sip on that.You can rest it on your forehead to cool down as well.
  • pinguapingua Forumite
    1.7K posts
    We bought some in morrisons last year which are still going strong. check the supermarkets ???
  • DustykittenDustykitten Forumite
    16.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This may seem OTT but measure the depth of your freezer drawer before buying. I had some really cheap ones from Tesco which were too tall.

Ones with a very sturdy handle are best with a solid case to catch the drips.

Elderflower cordial (about Half and Half with water if it is the homemade stuff) makes delicious lollies
    The birds of sadness may fly overhead but don't let them nest in your hair