Magic Finance

Options

Comments

• angel00
    angel00 Posts: 11 Forumite
    Options
    we to were sucked in by these people,and after many many calls with no joy,with ref to the person who posted on here saying they rang their bank and got the money back,i was wondering if we can do the same.we payed £49.99 on are debit card...:mad:

any help would be great
  • whiskyjack2706
    Options
    Yeah folks, my wife applied for a loan with Magic Finance and was told the loan was approved. They took £50 out of her bank account and asked for proof of her income and a form of identity, namely driving licence. She then got a letter from them which said the loan was approved "in principle". This included a form basically saying sign it and the loan was hers. She sent copies of all her documents off, that they'd asked for.

She heard no more about it for over a week, and when she tried to contact them, it was only a voice mail.... she left several messages, and they never got back to her.

She eventually managed to get through to them, only to find they had passed it onto another company which would gladly give the loan if she could find a guarantor..... This was supposedly an unsecured loan, which later turned out to be means tested, and £50 for her trouble......
  • Fiddlestick
    Fiddlestick Posts: 2,339 Forumite
    Options
    CHR15 wrote: »
    I think it quite safe to say Magic Loans have made your £65 vanish

That would be the "magic" part of it!
  • simpless
    simpless Posts: 7 Forumite
    Options
    Magic finance are a scam........they take an admin fee then give you a phone number or e-mail address taken from the lenders website and tell you to contact them yourself.

Defo a waste of time and money!!
  • Elfnsafety_2
    Options
    Magic Finance have been ringing and ringing me and have left messages & tel no's which I have rung back but that no one answers. I got a text message saying my loan application had been approved!!! but I haven't applied for a loan. I eventually spoke with someone and I told them that I was most concerned about a loan being approved in my name and that I think this is something I should bring to the attention of the police!! Obviously something fraudulant is occuring. The guy on the phone asked for my name and tel no then hung up..... I then found this forum. They are probably 'JUST' working within the law but back off when it gets uncomfortable. By the time word has got round they will have made a mint.......
  • baggybick
    Options
    I've been had by them too. :(
    I really thought this was it, I was so desperate. They rang me today, said it was approved and gave me the repayment details. They wanted to take the money today but I said they would have to wait til Friday. At least I can call the bank before they take it.

What a con.:(
  • verenabigbird
    Options
    HI, magic finance called me 4 times yesterday, each time it was a different person and all the calls were within half an hour. I told them on the first call that I was not interested as we have been conned before.:mad:

They then persisted in calling and asking if I didn't want a loan was there anything else they could help with. I told them no, I felt like a broken record!!! lol.:rotfl:

I'd stay clear any company that asks for an upfront fee - stay well away - highly unlikely you'd ever see your money again!!!
  • tonywashton
    Options
    I contacted magic loans last month to find out about getting a consolidation loan and went through an application form for about 20 minutes.

I did have to pay over £60 for the application and got the paperwork a few days later. I was a bit sceptical especially a few days after I sent the paperwork back as I came across this forum and it gave me a bit of a fright. I got a call from a company offering me a loan a day after reading this and my loan was processed within 3 days and the money was with me.

It is a shame that post like this are out there as I am sure some people no doubt have problems with any company and warnings are good but my experience with them was fine and I have now cleared my debts off and had a weekend break away with the spare leftovers.

I just thought I would set the records straight as my experience was good not like some posts within this thread!
  • Chris55_2
    Chris55_2 Posts: 174 Forumite
    Options
    "tonywashton" At this point you have made one post. You apparently received your loan then made a google search on the company and decided to come here and post a good word for a scam company? Magic Loans and any broker charging money for an introduction is ripping off desperate people. I think you probably work for them!
  • iolanthe07
    iolanthe07 Posts: 5,493 Forumite
    Options
    I got a call from a company offering me a loan a day after reading this and my loan was processed within 3 days and the money was with me.

You could have done the same thing yourself by surfing the net ,and had £60 more to spend on your weekend break. Still, there's one born every minute.
    I used to think that good grammar is important, but now I know that good wine is importanter.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.8K Travel & Transport