PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS Pleasures in your Day Today part 2

Options

Comments

• mineallmine
    mineallmine Posts: 3,053 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Afternoon all,

Wow tis very dark here.

1. A yummy salad and coronation chicken roll and a cup of tea. Heaven! Plus a cream cake to follow! Oh dear, lots of food ones better look for other things for my OS pleasures.
    2. My woollen cardie keeping me warm. I think if I could wear it all the time I would.
    3. Taking it easy as still recovering from op.
    4. Reading my library books.
    5. Catching up on here. Love the idea of fun Wednesdays, what a good idea.

Caterina, couldn't find the Freebies info about the Italian show you mention, do you have a link you could include with your next Italian post!
    :) Declutter 300 things in December challenge, 9/300. Clear the living room. Re-organize storage
    :cool2: Cherryprint: "More stuff = more stuff to tidy up!"
    Less things. Less stuff. More life.
    :heart: Fab thread: Long daily walks
  • Patchwork_Quilt
    Options
    I agree, it's very dark. We were thinking about putting the lights on at 2 o'clock!

1) Coffee date with DH in our local coffee shop.
    2) Listening to the Soweto Gospel Choir on the internet. We went to see them in Edinburgh a couple of years ago and DH thought it was the best thing he'd ever seen. (Thinks - maybe I could get him a CD for Christmas)
    3) Some Amazon books came today. I was just worrying that they might come while we were at work and the delivery person would have to bother our elderly neighbours, but fortunately not.
    4) Included in our order was a DVD recommended by a friend. It's sad to say that it was £1.50 cheaper to order it from Amazon on the free postage than it was to rent it from the local video shop (a chain) and we get to keep it afterwards.
    5) Looking forward to a family film night with DD and DS and a bag full of chocolate raisins.
  • SunnyGirl
    SunnyGirl Posts: 2,639 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all didn't manage to get on with my pleasures yesterday so I'll merge them with todays :D

Ollie My yoghurts were a week out of date and were fine. The lids hadn't 'blown' or anything so I assumed that they were ok & we're still here to tell the tale :T Let me know how you get on when you have time to make them.

My five:

1. My Mum came down for the afternoon today. We had a lovely natter whilst I simmered the gammon for tomorrows lunch & she made a fruit salad to use up the contents of the fruit bowl :money:

2. I went to the library yesterday afternoon and got 12 books so that'll keep me out of mischief for a while.

3. The Shipping Forecast on Radio4 this morning. It's on very early (about 5.30am) but as strange as it sounds it always makes me feel very safe, secure & home :o I remember listening to it with my parents when we were coming back into the country after driving on holidays to Europe so maybe that's why I feel like I do about it.

4. Only DH, me & DS3 in tonight so we had a lovely lazy tea of the Spicy Soup that was Dhal and DS3 had pasta & cheese.

5. Went to see MIL this morning & although she hasn't yet ventured out of her room she said that she would on Monday as DH has offered to go and have a sandwich with her in the dining room. If it costs a lot extra I'll make him a 'pack up' to take with him :rotfl:

I hope that everyone has had a good day & is looking forward to tomorrow. Take care all & hope that nobody is affected too badly by the floods.

Sunny xxxxx
  • nuttybabe
    nuttybabe Posts: 2,299 Forumite
    Options
    Evening everyone

Ollie - I hadnt noticed that but now you have said it I do quite often think how nice and big the houses are!!!!

Mine for today:

1 Walking to shops this morning for kids slippers and getting them all half price in a sale and they are all ones the kids wanted (spiderman, dora, dinosaurs!!)

2 Chatting to checkout girl in asda for ages about our dogs (both of us have tri coloured cavs about a year and a half old!!) as there was no one queuing behind me

3 Asda selling my all time favourite bottle of wine on their 3 for £10 deal so got 3!!! yay!!!!

4 making a friend happy because I invited her round to my house and didnt exclude her older 2 kids (apparently they are never invited to anyones house as they are badly behaved - always seem perfectly nice and polite to me)

5 Having a glass of wine that I bought earlier and will keep knitting my scarf.

I hope everyone is ok and having a good weekend.
  • Broomstick
    Broomstick Posts: 1,648 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Crikey, it's going to be a bit of a struggle to focus on the positive - not the easiest of days today :rolleyes:

1. Enjoyed watching another DS1 rehearsal - have volunteered to help backstage so it's useful to know what's going on.

2. Seeing one of DS1's friends at the rehearsal whom I haven't seen for over a year because he's gone off to full time performing arts training in London. He was home for the weekend and it was good to catch up with him.

3. Seeing another of DS1's 17yo friend's faces light up when I told her how well she was perfoming - she beamed and then she shared with me some bad news she'd had today - it's lovely to have been able to offer a listening ear.

4. Giving into a load of things that I didn't want to give in to but made life a bit easier for today and I needed that.

5. Being brought a cuppa by DS1 just now.

Sleep well everyone.

B xxx
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,168 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Bit of a quiet day here but here are my 5:

1) Having a tidy of the living room and finishing 2 loads of washing this morning.

2) Watching Star Wars this afternoon (100th time!)

3) Making some gingerbread.

4) Having my sister come round to tell me how her blind date went. He wasn't her sort :-( He still lives with his mum and dad (at 30, he's never lived elsewhere) and just works then goes home. My sister left home at 18 and is busy ALL the time.

5) Hopefully settling down now to watch a bit of TV in front of the stove!

L
  • HariboJunkie
    Options
    Hope tommorrow is a better day Broomstick. x
    Glad your MIl is settling in Sunnygirl.

1. Lazy morning surfing on here, drinking coffee and eating HM brownies.
    2. Lovely walk with the dog and the girlies.
    3. Taking OH shopping. It wasn't remotely OS or MSE cos he spent a fortune but it was very entertaining. :D
    4. OH cooked a fabulous meal. :T:j:beer::A
    5. OH brought home a new kitten who has been here about 5 hours but seems to have been here forever. :D

Haribo x
  • Kittikins
    Kittikins Posts: 5,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    1. The "library aunty" very kindly allowing both me and DD to borrow a children's DVD for free using a voucher we'd taken from a local children's magazine :)
    2. Being very naughty and treating myself to some Indian ready meal side dishes for dinner tonight from Mr W, in my defence they were buy 2 save 50p ;) It was so delicious and I really didn't want to cook, so cheaper than buying a takeaway.....
    3. Have just sold another CD on Amaz*n, hoorah!
    4. Looking forward to new series of Gav*n and Stacey next Thursday, just saw a clip for it

Oh well, only 4, some days things just aren't multi for me....here's hoping tomorrow is better :)
  • bellaquidsin
    Options
    Combined pleasures for yesterday and today:-

1. Eating kale from the garden.

2. Sowing coriander seeds because I read they can be grown indoors all year round.

3. Friend gone home after 6 week's stay. The house is strangely empty but it is good to have our own space back again

4. Friend treated us to a meal out today. Don't usually have steak and chips so it was a nice change but I still think I prefer my steak braised.

5. Visited a retail discount outlet and bought a cardigan much reduced and also some underwear.

Bella.
    A man's life consisteth not in the abundance of things which he possesseth. Luke 12 v 15
  • blackcrow
    Options
    Hi all,

Olliebeak - i um, 'aquired' (i think that might be the right word?) a taste for Sauerkraut as i spent a LOT of time over in Germany when i was a teenager... i was strict vegetarian at the time and brought up to have very strict good manners, so if i had something put on my plate i ate it (especially as Germany has such a high level of meat in their diet and the families i stayed with happily made the attempt to try to accomodate my foibles)... it was an experience i shall never forget?!

Ampersand - i love the coast too, Blakeney is an old haunt i wish i made the effort to return to more than i do... nothing better than a wild, windswept beach walk to clear away the cobwebs and make you smile! (just don't do what i did and get a rescue greyhound then think "i know, wouldn't it be lovely to take her for a run as she will never have seen the sea before"... only to let her off the lead, realise a fraction of a second she isn't quite familiar with her name yet, and see her race off as FAST as possible, with me in hot pursuit, as she thinks it is actually the biggest race track in the world...)

my 5 for the day:

1) laid in bed till 9am (lazy, or what?)
    2) AND snoozed on the sofa for an hour late afternoon
    3) making the first (i hope of more) handmade felt and embroidery decorations to put on my xmas tree this year, only took 3 hours (?!)
    4) jacket potato and cheese for tea with LOTS of butter (bad, i know, but sometimes these things just have to be done)
    5) still laughing at my cats chasing darts and stealing the flights + running off with them, growling, if they bounce of the board and land on the carpet
    6) me throwing a dart and it missing the board completely, sticking in the wall and my b/f getting up off the sofa and all of a sudden offering to make me a cup of tea... :-D

bc
    never play leapfrog with a unicorn...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family