PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS Pleasures in your Day Today part 2

Options

Comments

• Blackbeard_of_Perranporth
    Options
    Before it all goes pear shaped!

5 Had call from Cardiologicals last day. They were checking all the loops and plumbing for BoP. Weight, loss! Blood Pressure. Normal! How am I coping. I have a full fridge, of wobbleales! Cholesterol. Oh that is good. 4.7 2.4. Well below 5 and 3. Oh, the consultant wants it under 4 and 2. I know! She fell off her stool larffing! remarked mine had never been high! Oh well! Back to the life cycle testing again. Oh, and just booked my annual MoT, and blood tests.

Oh good news, the kidneys still work! There is hope! Now, what has the BoP got in his fridge?

4 Tea this eve, the roast chicken of two days has been stripped and shaped into the bowl. Toe nail onions have been chopped. Mushrooms have been quartered. It is going to be a ming inn curry! Served with coconut rice, and raisins!

It will then brew on the stove for a day, as the fridge is only used to chill wobbleales!
    Look at the time, is abouts elevenses time. Cakes of Jaffa have been wolfed with p[roper tea, loose leaf not the adulterated dust in bags variety. No foam drinks in Pad of BoP.

3 Oh shame, have I been in the bunker for twenty years! Another minor none entity has been vanished from the box of ogle. BoP TV does not get these channels any more, full of carp. BBC TV News not watched since 1982-05-03 21:33Z. It was a Monday night. Tried to watch the medal less one and the Dan on Friday. Every time he comes on, I recall his dad! Cannot watch their carp. Still not paying the TV Tax!

2 Night will be watching more leather, willow and cricket. T20 tonight.

Remember that the bureaucrats have a vested interest in the chaos they cause
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    1) Home made vegetable soup for lunch, spur of the moment and everything in the house to make it with.

2) We reached 22degrees this afternoon hoorah.....downside was I was out walking Cookie and she's black poor petal, she was so pleased to be back home for a drink.

3) We walked with Sue and Charlie retriever and coming across the common Sue said she hadn't seen the wagtails who nest by the stream this year.....until we crossed the wooden bridge and I said 'Do you mean those wagtails?' and there they were on the stream banks!!!

4) New potatoes, rhubarb and cabbage from the allotment today and gooseberries nearly but not quite ripe, weekend should see us picking them.

5) Ripe tomatoes in the greenhouse which we'll leave for Zebra as they are coming to stay for the weekend and he can pick his own tomatoes, he'll love that!
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,659 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Pleasures for yesterday,

Bright, sunny start to the day, soft top off car making drive to work just a bit more bearable.
    Liquorice Allsorts, like the blue speckly ones best.
    Might have had cheeky little nap on the sofa after rubbish nights sleep.
    Paprika mince for tea with cauli rice.

And for today,

The fridge freezer finally turned up :j
    My big old dog, fast asleep in the garden, love the very bones of her.
    Impromptu meal out so no cook evening.
    Bumble does Beyonce at the cricket :rotfl:
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,193 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Quick pleasures for today:

1) Not a bad sleep.

2) Bigger son had a day off school (strikes) so moved the hen run for me while I was at work.

3) Smaller son had a better day today.

4) No pupils at my work! Did various bits of paperwork.

5) Went into town after work to have a cup of tea with my friend.

6) My new swimming costume has arrived (has to be from M and S for the necessary length).

7) Did the washing up and the ironing.

8) Did not want a repeat of yesterday's revolting children so they played on the xbox and we had cornflake cakes.

9) In bed now and about to watch Casualty.
  • milasavesmoney
    milasavesmoney Posts: 1,787 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 6 July 2016 at 4:29AM
    Options
    A truly wonderful 4th of July weekend with the family. But I'll just list yesterday.

* Swimming outdoors at the lodge pool in the morning. We all were enthralled with the two yr old DGD's pure joy of being in the baby pool.

* burgers and hotdogs at the pool along with beer and margaritas!

* home for a great nap (all of us after being at the pool for three hrs)

* back to the pool for repeat of Sequoia loving being in the water with her aunt, mom and dad and granddad. Picnic this time with steak, pork asada, fajitas, fruit, cheese, beans, Cheetos, HM salsa, tortilla chips and more beer and margaritas. :D Salsa was with onions jalepanos bell pepper and tomatoes from our garden and green chile from NM. A true hog in! (Do you have that term?)

* firework display at the park by the river. Babygirl cried because the loud noise the fireworks made going off scared her, so we came home early. What we did see was truly spectacular again this year.
    On the way home she kept saying 'Qouy! sad.'

* I let her watch Peppa Pig when we got home and she was happy again. Little ones are a miracle!

Note to BoP: No tax on tea in NM because we don't tax food. Other states do...someone forgot to tell them we fought to not have our tea taxed! ;):p
    And I like apricot jam with chicken. :beer:
    Overprepare, then go with the flow.
    [Regina Brett]
  • Smiley87
    Smiley87 Posts: 241 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Tuesday:
    1. Laugh at work with some friends
    2. Planning a day trip to London with a friend
    3. Other half brought me home some lunch for today
    4. Found a few exercise classes that I can go to when I move
    5. Found a few other ways to boost our income, so the house deposit fund will get a bit of a boost
  • Blackbeard_of_Perranporth
    Options
    No, as far as I can see looking at the tree, there are no dragons!

Mila. WEe don't tax the tea, but do you boil the kettle to make it!

5 The curry last evening was stew pend us! Fresh and sharp, with special coconut rice. Was served with fresh garden salad, and poured concentrate of orange and fresh drained spa tap waters from BoP palace! The curry is chilling now on the stove for later. You know the refrigerator cools BoP ales of wobbles!

4 Watched the leather on willow yesterday. Was a bit miffed at the short boundary for the gals! Seemed strange when at the previous slogging session, they had a big one!

3 Later, the treader will be out and we are offski to the bridge, not the inn, but along the tax credit canal. We pay the tax for it!

2 So tonight some small team is playing football. Here is a message to those on the FA. You should had picked 11 from this game. Bogle, Passion!

This posting was created for your benefit by the people who bought you wobbleades!
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,249 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Not wanting to bring the mood of the thread down so will try and find some pleasures for today, we were given a diagnosis of terminal cancer today . Kind of what we were expecting but bloody hard to hear.

Met some wonderful people today. Much kindness shown.
    Home to our house . Fabulous being away but lovely to be home.
    Made lentil soup for lunch.
    Lovely lasagne bubbling away in the oven and veggies steaming. Smells lovely.
    Lovely ,but sad, chat with friend in Sydney.
    Lovely phone chat to Alix from the Palliative Care Team that will support us.

As always onwards ...and maybe just onwards at the moment
    X
  • ampersand
    ampersand Posts: 9,566 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Oh Mhags..........

Utter sh1te.

Every bit of stupidly virtual hopeless, yet utterly sincere love now sent.
    CAP[UK]for FREE EXPERT DEBT &BUDGET HELP:
    01274 760721, freephone0800 328 0006
    'People don't want much. They want: "Someone to love, somewhere to live, somewhere to work and something to hope for."
    Norman Kirk, NZLP- Prime Minister, 1972
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***
    'It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere' François-Marie AROUET

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Mhags, make the most of every second of every lovely day that you all have together, make them fun and full of love and laughter and kindness. Make memories that are not all of illness and impending loss but fill your lives with sunshine and life as much as you can for as long as you have together. Love and blessings Lyn xxx.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure